"SORRY" - NEW "REMIX" COLLAB WITH BLOND:ISH - COMING FEB. 10!!!!

Frank

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Omg?2 replies?Clearly people don't have interest in a remix of a remix like they should

I didn't interpret as if they were necessarily meaning a "remix" of a song they already remixed.  I got the impression they were asking who would they like to remix Madonna's "Sorry".  It could have meant a totally new remix of the song.  After all, it's not uncommon for producers, etc, to provide multiple mixes of the same song.

24 minutes ago, tscott said:

I didn't interpret as if they were necessarily meaning a "remix" of a song they already remixed.  I got the impression they were asking who would they like to remix Madonna's "Sorry".  It could have meant a totally new remix of the song.  After all, it's not uncommon for producers, etc, to provide multiple mixes of the same song.

But who gave that label the permission to remix that song?Isnt it Warner's property?

5 minutes ago, tscott said:

Anyone can do a remix.  It's just up to who owns the rights to the song, that will allow it to be released (officially). 

True,I don't have anything against the blondish dub I don't think it's bad just don't like the label feeling entitled to own that song and think warner will accept this "remix" of a remix they are talking about

46 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

True,I don't have anything against the blondish dub I don't think it's bad just don't like the label feeling entitled to own that song and think warner will accept this "remix" of a remix they are talking about

Yeah, I'm thinking they are just asking in general who should remix the actual original song, not the remix by Blondish. :)

1 hour ago, Would You Like To Try said:

How are they feeling entitled?! they want to extend the life of the remix by having other dj's doing their own mix of it.

12 minutes ago, deathproof said:

How are they feeling entitled?! they want to extend the life of the remix by having other dj's doing their own mix of it.

Just thought before that these people felt like they owned the actual song instead of just doing a alternate version of the remix just as this new version seems

5 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Just thought before that these people felt like they owned the actual song instead of just doing a alternate version of the remix just as this new version seems

But its not uncommon that those who remix music to make alternate remixes.  A lot of people who remixed her music officially have done alternate mixes.   It has nothing to do with them thinking they actually own the song. 

Anyway, the new mix @animalinstinctsounds really awesome.  I can't wait to hear it in full. But it sounds a bit like Timbaland got into the mix there. LOL!

5 minutes ago, tscott said:

But its not uncommon that those who remix music to make alternate remixes.  A lot of people who remixed her music officially have done alternate mixes.   It has nothing to do with them thinking they actually own the song. 

Anyway, the new mix @animalinstinctsounds really awesome.  I can't wait to hear it in full. But it sounds a bit like Timbaland got into the mix there. LOL!

Oh look!

Seems like she hinted this remix a lot of time ago

13 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Oh look!

Seems like she hinted this remix a lot of time ago

Oh so I guess the question was asking who should remix the Blondish - Madonna mix.  Kinda what you were saying in the first place.  :) Though, I guess I'm not bothered that someone wanted to remix that.  Again, it's not uncommon for people to remix songs that have already been remixed either. It's all good to me.  And this mix from the preview sounds pretty cool.  Can't wait to hear the full mix. 

47 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

They did a remix, from Madonna’s blessing and permission. They are free to do as they wish lol

Most of you might not like it, but this remix was quite successful and helped M with her Spotify stats. Six months after its release, it’s still getting a solid 60-80k streams daily average and is nearing 11M streams (while Hung Up On Tokischa is stuck at 6M streams with barely 10k daily streams, for example, and I won’t even mention Material Gworrrrlll…).

So I guess, yes, seems only natural they want to capitalize on that success and extend it as much as they can…

IMG_7849.jpeg