Give some Madonna facts that some fans don't know

So you say one.I will say mine:Lots of Fans and people think the Avicii versions or at least the ones liked were gonna be released previous to the leak.

No,only some,rebel heart (Song) demos if I'm not wrong were not Avicii demos by the 3rd demo

Wash all over me was very much changed,and borrowed time too i think

"Hou Mamma Mia" by Les Negresses Vertes second album was written for and sent to Madonna in 1990 but she had no time to record it so she slapped their demo on the european version of Dick Tracy's soundtrack because she really liked it even though it was not related to DT nor it blended well with the rest of the soundtrack (penned Andy Paley mostly but Madonna was the executive producer with Seymour Stein of the "various artists" OST). At the time they talked about it to french tv station M6 (they wanted her to sing in italian). They finally released it themselves in 1993. She was made aware of the Negresses Vertes by Jean-Paul Gaultier and their 1989 international crossover hit "Zobi La Mouche" remixed by...William Orbit, she then asked them for a track. She also slapped Ofra Haza's Herida De Miel on that european version because she discovered her then via Vincent Paterson while rehearsing for the Blond Ambition tour, her music inspired Like A Virgin on that show.   

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

Ray of Light isn’t really about the birth of Lola. It’s about the birth of our lord and savior Ricardo Gomes. When Madonna claimed him at birth and he had such an impact on her life in 1996/97 that she knew he’d be destined for facetune greatness

Oh!!! Now the line... "quicker than a ray of light then GONE for someone else to be there...."  makes perfect sense!!

Initially Madonna didn't want to release Lucky Star as a single, a music executive encouraged her to do so because she really needed the money.

The Immaculate Collection wasn't dedicated to Pope John Paul II but to her brother Christopher who had that nickname.

The Girlie Show was supposed to visit Frankfurt but nothing happened in the end.

Blond Ambition Tour = correct / Blonde Ambition Tour = incorrect :Madonna026:

The Drowned World Tour was supposed to kick off in Köln but it was eventually cancelled due to technical issues. 35,000 tickets were refunded at the time.

Word says that CBS had offered Madonna US 11m to broadcast one of the Re-Invention concerts and this info had been known since the very beginning of the tour. In July 2004 Lisbon was announced as the stop they would show on TV. According to a CBS spokesman, Madonna wanted the broadcast to run beyond 2 hours and commercial-free, similar to concert specials on HBO. It never happened. 

Madonna's concert in Chile during her MDNA Tour became the first time ever a concert of hers suffered major alterations, specifically in the setlist. This marked the beginning of her tendency to cut some shows short during the Rebel Heart Tour and Madame X.

2 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Madonna had no knowledge that Warner released Oh Father as a single to coincide with Something To Remember until a fan asked her to sign it and she was shocked by how she had no knowledge of it. 

Also she never knew they made a radio edit for 4 Minutes, compromising the planned running time to exactly 4 minutes long until a radio personality pointed out that's what they were sent. She seemed very irritated about it. 

She secretly visited Michigan in her home town in Bay City in spring 2003. Plus she comes here more often than people think 😉 

She never wanted Sorry to be a single. 

She was against the cowgirl look for the Music album until her stylist conivnced her it was fitting. 

Truth or Dare perfume was supposed to go on as a series but it underperformed and she abandoned the project. 

Madonna supposedly tried to pick up Elvira's (Cassandra Peterson) girlfriend once. 

Oh that's super interesting.

Piggy backing off of that, she used to come to the University of Michigan semi-regularly when I was a student there. She was spotted multiple times in the residence hall where Lola stayed, and apparently she used to even eat in the open dining hall around other students. She'd come to the campus to see Lola in shows, take her out to dinner with friends, etc.

Apparently, she wore her sunglasses the entire time for an hour plus long meeting with the Dean of the School of Music when they first visited with Lola as a prospective student lol.

My favorite story was how Lola apparently had a mutual friend that had been hanging out with her in her dorm room, and there was a knock at the door, to which Lola said go see who it is, and standing there was Madonna. Can you imagine?

I also visited Ciccone Vineyards and the woman in the tasting room said Madonna was up there relatively regularly.

2 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Oh that's super interesting.

Piggy backing off of that, she used to come to the University of Michigan semi-regularly when I was a student there. She was spotted multiple times in the residence hall where Lola stayed, and apparently she used to even eat in the open dining hall around other students. She'd come to the campus to see Lola in shows, take her out to dinner with friends, etc.

Apparently, she wore her sunglasses the entire time for an hour plus long meeting with the Dean of the School of Music when they first visited with Lola as a prospective student lol.

My favorite story was how Lola apparently had a mutual friend that had been hanging out with her in her dorm room, and there was a knock at the door, to which Lola said go see who it is, and standing there was Madonna. Can you imagine?

I also visited Ciccone Vineyards and the woman in the tasting room said Madonna was up there relatively regularly.

Yup, I heard about all of that (news in MI gets around quickly). 

But even before that, she would bring her family (with Guy Richie) here from time to time. One of my friends worked at a bar in Pinckney (random town) and their limo was shuttling around Rocco and Lola and stopped in her parking lot (my friend knew the driver). Lola threw her apple out the window and my friend kept it in her freezer for many years. 

In 2006, Polish zoologists Łuka Michalczyk and Łukasz Kaczmarek described a new species of tardigrade (tiny eight-legged invertebrates known for their incredible tolerance of extreme conditions) from Chile. They named it Echiniscus madonnae, stating that they "take great pleasure in dedicating this species to one of the most significant artists of our time, Madonna Louise Veronica Ritchie". It was the first and, as far as I know, only time a species was named after Madonna.

14 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

"Hou Mamma Mia" by Les Negresses Vertes second album was written for and sent to Madonna in 1990 but she had no time to record it so she slapped their demo on the european version of Dick Tracy's soundtrack because she really liked it even though it was not related to DT nor it blended well with the rest of the soundtrack (penned Andy Paley mostly but Madonna was the executive producer with Seymour Stein of the "various artists" OST). At the time they talked about it to french tv station M6. They finally released it themselves in 1993. She was made aware of the Negresses Vertes by Jean-Paul Gaultier and their 1989 international crossover hit "Zobi La Mouche" remixed by...William Orbit, she then asked them for a track. She also slapped Ofra Haza's Herida De Miel on that european version because she discovered her then via Vincent Paterson while rehearsing for the Blond Ambition tour, her music inspired Like A Virgin on that show.   

That's interesting I never knew and I'm a Negresses Vertes fan. The Orbit mix of Zobi is so good.

2 hours ago, Nounours said:

In 2006, Polish zoologists Łuka Michalczyk and Łukasz Kaczmarek described a new species of tardigrade (tiny eight-legged invertebrates known for their incredible tolerance of extreme conditions) from Chile. They named it Echiniscus madonnae, stating that they "take great pleasure in dedicating this species to one of the most significant artists of our time, Madonna Louise Veronica Ritchie". It was the first and, as far as I know, only time a species was named after Madonna.

I remember this story