Give some Madonna facts that some fans don't know

19 hours ago, Dj Garrido said:

Some of sold out attendances (Tickets sold / available) in wikipedia are fake. 

Example: Everybody in Brazil knows that her second Sticky and Sweet night in Rio de Janeiro was not sold out. Only the first one was. So what did M people do? They took the average of the two shows and released as both were sold out. 

Yeah, I've seen this and got in trouble once for pointing it out.

I said in some thread on Twitter that M:s MDNA show in Sweden was far from sold out, and some nitwit immediately tried to correct me by saying that Wikipedia stated the show was sold out. I said it was a lie, I was there and saw the desolation with my own eyes, and provided a picture from that evening. 

I was more or less labelled a hater and almost blocked from a Madonna fan profile. (They later did block me for calling "the reductive moment" childish)

Okay, fact that fans don't know. I read somewhere that Madonna suffers from panic attacks. It sometimes happens when she performs in arenas. It's like she feels like the place is running out of air and she can't breathe. She can handle it, but it's still tough.
I don't know if it's true.

7 hours ago, Celebration said:

Yeah, I've seen this and got in trouble once for pointing it out.

I said in some thread on Twitter that M:s MDNA show in Sweden was far from sold out, and some nitwit immediately tried to correct me by saying that Wikipedia stated the show was sold out. I said it was a lie, I was there and saw the desolation with my own eyes, and provided a picture from that evening. 

I was more or less labelled a hater and almost blocked from a Madonna fan profile. (They later did block me for calling "the reductive moment" childish)

Okay, fact that fans don't know. I read somewhere that Madonna suffers from panic attacks. It sometimes happens when she performs in arenas. It's like she feels like the place is running out of air and she can't breathe. She can handle it, but it's still tough.

Both things can be true - that there are plenty of seats left in the arena and that the show is sold out, all depends on the amount of tickets that were put up for sale in the first place. Say the arena is 40,000 capacity but the promoter doesn't believe they will sell as many seats for that particular show so they put only 30,000 on sale and the 30,000 sells indeed - technically it's a sell out show in that case. :)

45 minutes ago, kesiak said:

Both things can be true - that there are plenty of seats left in the arena and that the show is sold out, all depends on the amount of tickets that were put up for sale in the first place. Say the arena is 40,000 capacity but the promoter doesn't believe they will sell as many seats for that particular show so they put only 30,000 on sale and the 30,000 sells indeed - technically it's a sell out show in that case. :)

No. Ullevi 2012 was nowhere near sold out.

Madonna Ullevi 2012.jpg

17 hours ago, kesiak said:

You completely missed the point I was making :).

No. I'm only illustrating that sometimes it's too obvious that it's a lie.

There's room for at least 20.000 more in the picture, but because they want the tour to be a complete sold out success, they SAY that it's sold out.

On 1/28/2023 at 11:58 PM, androiduser said:

I don't remember the exact story, but didn't she once say she was just around the block when John Lennon was shot? Or something like that

Camille Barbone had got her an apt. on West 70th and Lennon was shot on West 72nd, so it's two blocks. 

The Power of Good-Bye video was also shot in Malibu Beach in early August - The video paying homage to 1940s  Hollywood  glamour [The Thomas Crown Affair (1968) and Humoresque (1946)]  Madonna wears a Vivienne Westwood Red Label dress and a pair of golden Giuseppe Zanotti wedge sandals upon seeing the pair of sandals at the Diavolina store in LA.

giuseppe-zanotti-quote-lbq0q3h.jpg

but..

I can exclusively tell you that during the Malibu shoot - a sandal broke - and Giuseppe had another replacement pair sent straight away to Madonna - 

In 1985, Warner Brasil authorized the use of "Crazy for You" in a tv soap opera soundtrack. Weeks later, Warner International disavowed and demanded the retreat of the LPs and K7s from the stores. The song could not be in other soundtrack but "Vision Quest"´s. CFY was replaced by "Smooth Operator" by Sade.

The soudtrack LPs with Madonna became really rare and now are considered a gem for vinyl collectors from Brazil. Nowaday it´s sold 10 times more expensive than the second one. 

Madonna´s song was aired only once in the soap opera, before Warner International taking action. 

R-9182215-1508268651-9551.jpg

D_NQ_NP_847742-MLB50878415520_072022-W.jpg

On 1/31/2023 at 9:07 AM, Celebration said:

It's actually true because she herself admitted it in an interview.

As we all know, Madonna is perfection personified. That is why many of us were completely baffled to see her performance with Maluma in Medellín, Colombia. I remember that on that occasion many forum users tried to explain the reason for such a disappointing performance: some said that Madonna was drunk, others that her prostheses did not allow her to move freely, others that she did not rehearse enough, others that she was intimidated by the Colombian dancers, others that it was not really Madonna but a double, etc. Totally subjective and unsupported justifications.

The only explanation that I found credible and acceptable was the one that I myself gave on that occasion and it was this of the panic attacks that Madonna herself admitted to suffering in an interview but that I personally doubted was true since I had always seen Madonna with such overflowing self-confidence but definitely after their performance in Medellín I learned a great lesson: that our idols are as human as we are and sometimes fanaticism blinds us to the point of believing that they are perfect beings when they can have the same or even more flaws than the commonest of mortals.

1651423160_917139_1651423420_noticia_normal.jpg.96677ef274140cadb315700c14746261.jpg

The last albums are just as good as the early ones, and they would be  praised and popular just the same way if only they'd have had the same media treatment.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             And the praised, popular albums would receive the same hate and shade, if not more, if only they'd have had the bad mediatic moment of the last ones.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Because that's the only thing that matters for general public: stupid and crazy popularity.

The reason why some costumes seen in pics from the early dates of the Virgin Tour were never to be seen again is because they were stolen half way through the tour.

In 1987 while she was preparing the Who's That Girl tour, she met with tunisian-french iconic designer Azzedine Alaïa to make the costumes, model Veronica Webb served as translator (because Alaïa did not speak english) apparently Warner was not willing to pay the fees he was asking for and she ended up with these Leslie Hamel costumes (i don't like these Gaultier and Castelbajac rip offs). Alaïa gave her nonetheless a beautiful feather coat. 

While in France & Belgium with Patrick Hernandez and his producers, she thought about using Bijou or Mademoiselle Bijou as her artist name. she never danced for him. When she left Breakfast Club, she sent them her demo tape Shine A light to see if they were interested but they passed on it. 

On 2/1/2023 at 3:38 PM, chaosmen1984mk said:

It's actually true because she herself admitted it in an interview.

As we all know, Madonna is perfection personified. That is why many of us were completely baffled to see her performance with Maluma in Medellín, Colombia. I remember that on that occasion many forum users tried to explain the reason for such a disappointing performance: some said that Madonna was drunk, others that her prostheses did not allow her to move freely, others that she did not rehearse enough, others that she was intimidated by the Colombian dancers, others that it was not really Madonna but a double, etc. Totally subjective and unsupported justifications.

The only explanation that I found credible and acceptable was the one that I myself gave on that occasion and it was this of the panic attacks that Madonna herself admitted to suffering in an interview but that I personally doubted was true since I had always seen Madonna with such overflowing self-confidence but definitely after their performance in Medellín I learned a great lesson: that our idols are as human as we are and sometimes fanaticism blinds us to the point of believing that they are perfect beings when they can have the same or even more flaws than the commonest of mortals.

1651423160_917139_1651423420_noticia_normal.jpg.96677ef274140cadb315700c14746261.jpg

Now we know why she seemed so happy in the madame x tour and Koko club..