Give some Madonna facts that some fans don't know

The limo stories are an urban legend depending on who you believe. Erika Bell says it's true. Johnny Dynell too. People who were close to her and heavy in the scene at the time say it was common knowledge. 

She was originally going to wear something to Roseland to open the Hard Candy era that would have been iconic. Two versions were made. They ended up being too difficult to maneuver around on stage and never worn. Those same two pieces ended up in music videos on two other major pop girls.

2 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

The limo stories are an urban legend depending on who you believe. Erika Bell says it's true. Johnny Dynell too. People who were close to her and heavy in the scene at the time say it was common knowledge. 

She was originally going to wear something to Roseland to open the Hard Candy era that would have been iconic. Two versions were made. They ended up being too difficult to maneuver around on stage and never worn. Those same two pieces ended up in music videos on two other major pop girls.

Oh c'mon, spill the deets. Which two major pop girls? So curious what these pieces would have been.

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

But Erika has denied it 

She was quoted in Christopher Anderson's unauthorized biography...

Cruising the Lower East Side of New York in a limo with blacked out windows she would indulge in her variant of the boys’ game “cruising for chicks,” by picking up Puerto Rican boys off the street for some quick backseat sex in the car stocked with condoms.

“When she spotted some good-looking boy,” said her friend Erica Bell, “she’d order the driver to stop the car, roll down the window and call out, ‘hey cutie, want a ride?’

“They always obliged. The boys were really young, the way she likes them. If she really liked a kid, she’d just rip off his clothes and do whatever she wanted with him while we drove around New York.

“Sometimes we would end up driving around with two or three guys at a time.”

...now this was 30 years ago, so if she was misquoted or this was a fabrication by the author and it was cleared up, I'm all ears. I dont personally care about the limo story either way. But have personally heard about it from non famous NYC scene people of the time.

2 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

Kylie and Gaga.

I love your commentary btw. 

Thanks boo, love following your posts too :kissy: You're one of the members whose posts I look forward to reading :)

No way, that's really cool. I'm surprised she didn't use them elsewhere. The final outfit for Roseland was a little....meh.

Which outfits from Kylie and Gaga?

They used the Warner limo to bus friends around NYC. There's Madonna and there's Madonna the character people and media want he to be and she sometimes plays herself. The Madonna character would definitely cruise NYC in a limo for boys, Madonna is way more puritan, at least for quick sex. 

The limo urban legend re-appeared as a van in the Sorry video.

There's another limo story, in fact Warner limos, involving Prince, they raced in Manhattan after a Prince concert in 1993, Prince and his entourage in one limo and Madonna, Jose & Luis, her assistant in another one as recalled by Jose&Luis in an interview.

The reason why Madonna kept Erica out of close circle is because she agreed to talk to the media and Christopher Andersen when she asked her friends and family not to. 

2 hours ago, teammadonna said:

Countless fans want to believe the 1989 MTV awards Express yourself performance was live, but it was actually a lip-sync performance.

It was clearly live with some backing vocals during the chorus.

It’s pretty easy to tell that she is singing live.

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

It was clearly live with some backing vocals during the chorus.

It’s pretty easy to tell that she is singing live.

Can you tell us the timeline where 'the some Backing vocal during chorus' was used in this video?

Edited by teammadonna (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, teammadonna said:

Don't worry. We all already knew you would evade an answer that way.

Who is we?

When you say she lip synched that performance, that means she didn’t sing the song.

If she sang the verses, that means she didn’t lipsynch the performance.

It was just like her 1984 MTV Awards performance of Like a Virgin. Sang the verses live and sang with a backing track during the chorus.

Its ok if you think she wasn’t singing live. ❤️

Guy Ritchie co-wrote the children books. Up until their release it was mentioned as a mutual project, Caresse Henry even said they were in the writing process when asked about it when it was just a rumour. I guess it might have been linked to the Swept Away mega flop.

This is what Caresse said on madonna.com in october of 2022 when asked by a fan

Edwina A. Morgan asks: I am posting you pertaining the children's books that Madonna has meant to have written. She mentioned them during an interview aired yesterday on a early morning news/entertainment program. I have not been able to find where to purchase these books, and would be grateful if you could provide a source.

Caresse: These books written by Guy Ritchie and Madonna are a work in progress, please stay tuned to this site for more info.

EDIT : in an interview for VH1 while promoting American Life she said he was supposed to write them with her but got caught writing scripts instead but he gave his opinion :

"Madonna said that she wanted to achieve something deeper than the "vapid and vacant" books that were available for young readers. She also said the idea of writing the books was suggested to her by a Kabbalah teacher and she originally planned to co-write them with husband Guy Ritchie.

In an interview for music channel VH1, to be screened in the UK on Good Friday, she criticised children's books for not containing any life lessons. Madonna said: "I have a teacher I've been studying Kabbalah with for the last almost seven years now, and he's suggested that I write some children's stories based on a lot of things that I've learned in Kabbalah - so that's what I did."

She said that husband Ritchie had got caught up writing scripts so the responsibility for writing the books fell solely to her. She added: "He did stay really involved - you know, he's my greatest critic. Whenever something gave him the retarded tingles, he was not shy about letting me know."

From Evening Mail January 8 2004 :

We still know hardly anything about Madonna's wedding with Guy Ritchie, but now at least we know she had someone write her a wedding song:

"A top songwriter, who penned superstar Madonna’s wedding song, has stepped in to help his threatened old school. Rob Ellis, 25, who wrote All I Ever Needed for the pop star’s big day, is busy working on an anthem for Lowick School, near Ulverston.

The new song, called Be Somebody Today, is expected to be premiered at a teacher and pupil reunion in February. Mr Ellis describes the song — which will feature Lowick pupils — as nothing like the usual charity song."

When late ex french president Jacques Chirac invited Madonna to the Paris city hall when he was the mayor back in 1987, it was an idea of his good friend Line Renaud, a french cabaret chanteuse who used to have a residency in Vegas where she met and befriended a lot of american stars (Elvis etc...). She wanted to do something to fight aids in France so her good friend Liz Taylor told her to make an association, Taylor contacted her friend Mathilde Krim at amfar whom asked Madonna if she was ok to help (amfar provided a lot of help when Martin fell hill the previous fall and Madonna promised to give back, she did with the MSG concert too). So she went to the city hall to promote the launch of the new french artists association against aids with that press conference where she also give away her salary for the Paris show to Line's association (which later was renamed sidaction). 

Line Renaud recounted on tv that while they were waiting for Madonna at the city hall, Chirac and her where checking her arrival through the windows when a blond woman came out of a car, they were so excited to have a good look at her  that they both tripped on the steps of the stairs and rolled down them together to the bottom, they laughed hysterically but were aching when she finally arrived.