Remix album on the way ?

Redha DBL

After "Frozen", "Material Girl" and "Hung up", it looks like "Sorry" and possibly "Give it 2 me" are getting their official remixes. Blondish is about to release a Sorry remix and from the look it M could be officially linked to it, but that's not all, M has posted a few fays ago a story with a new mix of "Give it to me" from Furtado/Timbaland and Nelly Furtado has now just posted a video on Tiktok in the studio playing the same mix and tagging Madonna. And there's also Honey Dijon who said she's been in the studio with M for new material and the rumor says it could be a new Vogue remix.  There are just too many official remixes being made at the same moment, involving famous singers/remixers. What do you think ? I think we're getting a remix album of her hits, just before the greatest hits tour. A remixed Celebration. She will probably perform most of these new mixes on tour.

2 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

After "Frozen", "Material Girl" and "Hung up", it looks like "Sorry" and possibly "Give it 2 me" are getting their official remixes. Blondish is about to release a Sorry remix and from the look it M could be officially linked to it, but that's not all, M has posted a few fays ago a story with a new mix of "Give it to me" from Furtado/Timbaland and Nelly Furtado has now just posted a video on Tiktok in the studio playing the same mix and tagging Madonna. And there's also Honey Dijon who said he's been in the studio with M for new material and the rumor says it could be a new Vogue remix.  There are just too many official remixes being made at the same moment, involving famous singers/remixers. What do you think ? I think we're getting a remix album of her hits, just before the greatest hits tour. A remixed Celebration. She will probably perform most of these new mixes on tour.

But would that make sense considering that FEL was recently released? 

Maybe these are not for a remix album but just reworked versions for the Celebration Tour? 

Edited by thiagosb (see edit history)

I honestly don't think she's going to perform songs with heavily reworked arrangements this time around: they are playing on people's nostalgia so they will probably stick to live versions that are closer to the studio versions. Anyways, excited if a reworked hits album is on the way! 

12 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I honestly don't think she's going to perform songs with heavily reworked arrangements this time around: they are playing on people's nostalgia so they will probably stick to live versions that are closer to the studio versions. Anyways, excited if a reworked hits album is on the way! 

As much as i would love love love for her to perform her classic hits closer to their original versions, i highly doubt this will happen. I explain ; it's no secret she is bored to death when she has to perform her older songs, she never kept it secret. She adds a few in her shows to please the fans but she rework them to minimise her boredom, then she has her new tracks to perform and that's where she has gets the excitment. This time around, she has no new music and she's about to engage in a world tour with only her older hits !  Mariah Carey would have no problem doing it, bit Madonna is another story. I cannot believe she will peform night after night for months her older hits in their original form. The only way for her to accept to do it is to reinvent them, or at least most of them. I bet for her the nostalgia card is played by performing her older hits, but re-invented. 

1 hour ago, thiagosb said:

But would that make sense considering that FEL was recently released? 

Maybe these are not for a remix album but just reworked versions for the Celebration Tour? 

FEL are old remixes from years ago, this is not something fresh and new. Those new remixes are current, and new for her. She has promoted them like new singles with new music videos and performances. She didn't do that for the Into the groove you can dance version of the club mix of Ray of Light from 1998 last year when FEL has been release. That's not the same.

it's being called a greatest hits tour
the press will love to say she's surgically altered them to fit her older self
or something
they have to be half way recognisable as Madonna Hits
i still think a version of Last Dance wouldn't go amiss
or two former female employees get a call
that might get a few bums on seats too
:dance:

4 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

As much as i would love love love for her to perform her classic hits closer to their original versions, i highly doubt this will happen. I explain ; it's no secret she is bored to death when she has to perform her older songs, she never kept it secret. She adds a few in her shows to please the fans but she rework them to minimise her boredom, then she has her new tracks to perform and that's where she has gets the excitment. This time around, she has no new music and she's about to engage in a world tour with only her older hits !  Mariah Carey would have no problem doing it, bit Madonna is another story. I cannot believe she will peform night after night for months her older hits in their original form. The only way for her to accept to do it is to reinvent them, or at least most of them. I bet for her the nostalgia card is played by performing her older hits, but re-invented. 

you don't h a v e to explain
madam x did all for you
when your fan base gets bored with you
chuck 'em for a new one

it's a cash grab
but
it always was

I'm glad you mentioned. I had the idea/theory she may be working in two different projects. One being reworked versions of her own songs and the other one with her being the feature artist (Levitating, Material Girl).

I know it doesn't make sense considering FEL release and Celebration Tour announcement (unless she release bunch of things in a short time, like Sw*ft).

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

Exactly… sounds VERY M 😎

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

I don't think that recent Madonna has ever performed her classics in album versions. She always puts a twist on them, so even tho they sound almost the same as the album, they're different enough to get the live-vibe.

But it's not like she's gonna perform a setlist full of completely changed remixes, lol. 

32 minutes ago, heartcore said:

It's not Give It 2 Me. Nelly has a song called Give It to Me (note the different spellings), which is the instrumental to the video, with a quote from Mean Girls played over the top. 

Vogue on the S&S Tour sampled Give It to Me (A Timbaland song featuring Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado) along with 4 minutes

3 hours ago, Askeroff said:

she already released a huge remix compilation

why she would make another one its ridiculous

2023 its  the year of rereleases  

and "Give it to me" instrumental sound the same to me like 2007 vers  

As i explained it's not the same at all. FEL are old existing remixes from the last 30 years. She did nothing exept chosing the track list.  Hung up on Tokisha, Material Gworl, Frozen on fire are new, she re-recorded some new vocals, made a music video, performed them. They are basically new singles. 

26 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

As i explained it's not the same at all. FEL are old existing remixes from the last 30 years. She did nothing exept chosing the track list.  Hung up on Tokisha, Material Gworl, Frozen on fire are new, she re-recorded some new vocals, made a music video, performed them. They are basically new singles. 

She literally made Hung up on Tokisha and Material Gworl, just to repeat the success of Frozen remix and failed with that.

Then BTUTTB is suddenly goes viral and did what she want to.

She also not planning new Sorry remix. 

so i don't see any connection between them . yet 

just random releases to make her stream stats goes up  

4 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

I get your point, but I really think they're going to play it safe this time around and just let her perform the original songs, revamped and enriched by live instruments maybe but basically untouched. This is her first and only real Hits Tour so far and I don't think they'll risk to piss off the audience with unnecessary remixes, especially with mega hits like Like a Prayer or Vogue that anyone wants to hear in the original form. Oh and 90% of her catalog always gets heavily reworked in tours, so while I understand her getting "tired" of her hits... It's not like she performs them so often they can actually bore her, when they do they're not even in their OG version LOL. This is the first and maybe only time there's a chance to hear the original LAP for example

My safest guess would be that we get muscial chapters during the tour that will accomodate the selection of songs for each segment and inspire some flourishes of instrumentation and the odd complete re-work (Like LAV usually gets) I can see the tiktok mixes, including featurings as short segues in between songs but I highly doubt we will get La Isla Bonita dubplate instaed of La Isla Bonita sing a long. A whole album of remixes doesn't sound likely either, I can imagine she's been cooking up a duets album given all her sightings with interesting artists the last year. In that case she'll probably throw in those tracks if any of those artists are nearby her venues

Sorry guys, what am I missing? I mean ... did she not just release a remix compilation about 7, 8 months ago?

You think she is going to do that again? 

I'm taking all this ... stuff as a way to promote her old catalogue with the tiktok generation, she surely will mention parts of it in the new arrangements (Material gwooorl has got NOTHING to do with the masterpiece of 1984, by the way, it's just a kind of new ... stuff).

So I'm much more inclined to think of a new single or probably an EP with two or three new songs (with the SickSick, Mike Dean and maybe someone else's contribution) and maybe some more ... stuff. 

Anyway THE project here, the main work, is the world tour and the goal is to re-establish her status and reputation imo.