Remix album on the way ?

Redha DBL

Yeah I remember the Katy rumours. 
I think there’s defo a new remix album or. Bunch of new mixes of songs with guests set aside to launch each re-edition. 

The later sounds more likely.

She still hasn’t asked me what song I want to be on. 
I hear Charity Shop Sue has filmed a cameo in her shop Sec*hand Chances for her remix of Dress You Up (in bargains)

I don't get how people compare FEL with her lastest singles remixed released. All the remixes on FEL were released at the same times than the original tracks. They we were regular remixes like any other artists.She just made a cd with several remixes from previous years. Now what she's doing since last year is different, she's taking her old hits and make new remixes, add featuring current artist, make new videos for the remixes. She has never done that before (with the only expetion of Love Don't live here anymore in 1996). Now she's doing it non stop since last year. And now she's about to make a tour with guess what ? Her biggest hits !  No coincidence. I totally believe the tour will be a mix of FEL versions, new remixes ala Frozen on fire, Hung up on Tokisha  etc... And a few original versions but don't expect too many OG mixes. People try to convince themselves she will peform most original versions but deep inside you know she's not the kind of artist to do so. She cannot help to re-invent her old hits. You know when making the setlist she will chose Hung uo on Tokisha reggaetton version over Hung up and Frozen on fire sidkick remix over the regular version. She believes we will be more excited to hear her new versions than the older ones. Madonna doing a greatest hits tour and performing her hits in their OG versions ? Not even when she will do a Las Vegas residency at 75yo ! And those who say "She wouldn't dare cause she wouldn't piss her fans" sorry but that makes me laugh, as if Madonna is afraid to piss her fans ! She knows as soon as she'll appear on stage her fans will be in heaven, no latter what she'll perform. All her tickets are almost already sold anyway so !

13 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

And there's also Honey Dijon who said he's been in the studio with M for new material and the rumor says it could be a new Vogue remix. 

You know Honey Dijon is a trans woman right?

Edited by N3onNostalgic (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Andreo said:

I get your point, but I really think they're going to play it safe this time around and just let her perform the original songs, revamped and enriched by live instruments maybe but basically untouched. This is her first and only real Hits Tour so far and I don't think they'll risk to piss off the audience with unnecessary remixes, especially with mega hits like Like a Prayer or Vogue that anyone wants to hear in the original form. Oh and 90% of her catalog always gets heavily reworked in tours, so while I understand her getting "tired" of her hits... It's not like she performs them so often they can actually bore her, when they do they're not even in their OG version LOL. This is the first and maybe only time there's a chance to hear the original LAP for example

She may not be planning an album of new remixes but her Pride performance last year is a clear blue print for what we can expect on the tour.

What the fans WANT, Madonna shuns sadly but who can blame her.  She isn't here to dance to our tune but she IS here to disturb the peace.

And to "fuck off mother fukkas"

If fans are hoping for a hits tour where we get the album version of songs from even ten years ago, never mind the 80s (a la Cher), them queens gon' be sad, baby....

*Queens flounce out and demand refunds*

*Merch blows in the gutter"

Just a reminder that on Honey Dijon official website, the PR essay to promote her album last summer it specifically says they worked on new material.

"Producing two records for Beyonce's chart-topping album 'Renaissance' and remixing lead single 'Break My Soul', as well as working in the studio with Madonna on new material"

https://defected.com/music/releases/Honey-Dijon-black-girl-magic/

On 1/30/2023 at 4:37 AM, TonyMontana said:

After "Frozen", "Material Girl" and "Hung up", it looks like "Sorry" and possibly "Give it 2 me" are getting their official remixes. Blondish is about to release a Sorry remix and from the look it M could be officially linked to it, but that's not all, M has posted a few fays ago a story with a new mix of "Give it to me" from Furtado/Timbaland and Nelly Furtado has now just posted a video on Tiktok in the studio playing the same mix and tagging Madonna. And there's also Honey Dijon who said she's been in the studio with M for new material and the rumor says it could be a new Vogue remix.  There are just too many official remixes being made at the same moment, involving famous singers/remixers. What do you think ? I think we're getting a remix album of her hits, just before the greatest hits tour. A remixed Celebration. She will probably perform most of these new mixes on tour.

I hope not - at least with these versions - because theses mixes are horrible. Like Adele, I don't like TikTok music. The "Frozen" mix did not became a favorite but it's a good one. "Material Gworl" sounds like way too much hype and the "Hung Up" remix I'll probably never listen to it again because I don't like slowed down songs, not to mention the bass is so annoying.

I think since it's a greatest hits tour, she could perform classic mixes or versions close to the originals, like the YCD mixes. For example, I like the "Like A Virgin" mix from the Rebel Heart Tour but I wouldn't like this version on The Celebration Tour. 

My wish: Do with all songs what was done with "Like A Prayer" in The Immaculate Collection.

3 hours ago, RCB said:

I hope not - at least with these versions - because theses mixes are horrible. Like Adele, I don't like TikTok music. The "Frozen" mix did not became a favorite but it's a good one. "Material Gworl" sounds like way too much hype and the "Hung Up" remix I'll probably never listen to it again because I don't like slowed down songs, not to mention the bass is so annoying.

I think since it's a greatest hits tour, she could perform classic mixes or versions close to the originals, like the YCD mixes. For example, I like the "Like A Virgin" mix from the Rebel Heart Tour but I wouldn't like this version on The Celebration Tour. 

My wish: Do with all songs what was done with "Like A Prayer" in The Immaculate Collection.

I know, this is also a dream of mine that she peforms her classic in their original versions or really close. Look at Blond Ambition, most of the hits are close to their original versions and this is fire.

The way I’d low key be here for a greatest hits of her historic live versions tho. I think I’d fucking die 

can you imagine 

Dress You Up - VT 

Holiday - BA

Into The Groove - BA / VT / WTG / RIT

Causing A Commotion - WTG

Hung Up -CT

Like A Virgin - BAT

Gambler - VT

Deeper & Deeper -GS

Burning Up - RHT

Don’t Tell Me - DWT

Music - DWT / CT

Open Your Heart - WTG 

Lo Que Siente La Mujer - DWT

True Blue - DWT

Everybody - VT

Erotica - CT / GS

Rain - GS

Express Yourself -BA

Frozen - DWT

La Isla Bonita - GS

Like A Prayer - BAT

Live To Tell - CT

Vogue - BA

Ray Of Light - CT

Papa Don’t Preach - WTG

It would never happen but I am 100% here for it. 

I can definitely see M releasing another remix album. For me FEL was her looking back on the past. Maybe the new remix album is her looking forward and back lol 

I'm expecting a mixture of new remixes, collaborations as well as some new songs. They could be added on to the original celebration (as a third disc perhaps) or could be a standalone album. But something is definitely coming. 

53 minutes ago, mickeyderon said:

I can definitely see M releasing another remix album. For me FEL was her looking back on the past. Maybe the new remix album is her looking forward and back lol 

I'm expecting a mixture of new remixes, collaborations as well as some new songs. They could be added on to the original celebration (as a third disc perhaps) or could be a standalone album. But something is definitely coming. 

I have the same feeling. Something is being cooked, involving new remixes and possibly brand new songs.