So..how many M concerts have you ever been to ?

Garry Howieson

On 2/3/2023 at 7:45 PM, musicinferno said:

Who's That Girl Tour - Pontiac

Blond Ambition Tour (night 2) - Detroit 

The Girlie Show - Detroit 

Drowned World Tour (both nights) - Philadelphia 

Drowned World Tour (night 1) - Detroit 

Re-Invention Tour (night 1) - Chicago 

Confessions Tour (night 1) - Chicago 

Sticky & Sweet Tour - Miami 

MDNA Tour (night 2) - Miami 

Rebel Heart Tour - Detroit 

Rebel Heart Tour (night 1) - Miami 

Was supposed to see Madame X Tour in Chicago but had to cancel due to injury. 

Just now reading thru this post & I have to ask seeing that you went to the first show in Detroit. This show was also supposedly filmed by HBO in case there was a problem the following night with the live broadcast & I have always wondered - did her hair look the same during this show (a damn mess!) or was it the usual straightened style she was sporting at this time. I think there were just a couple shows where she had the awful unkempt hair that she wore for the HBO show & I've only seen one supposed picture from the first night in Detroit. But from what I could tell she looked different the first night in Detroit? Please tell me anything you can I've always wondered!?!?

On 2/7/2023 at 11:56 AM, Lucky90210 said:

Nine Times

The Virgin Tour, New Haven CT

Blond Ambition, Boston, MA

Blond Ambition, Long Island, NY

The Girlie Show, MSG NYC

Reinvention, MSG NYC

Confessions Tour, Hartford, CT 1st night

Confessions Tour, Hartford, CT 2nd night

Sticky & Sweet Tour, MSG, NYC

Rebel Heart Tour, MSG, NYC

I think you're the only person on here that I've read actually got to see the Virgin Tour!?!? I can't tell you how jealous I am of that I would NEVER forget that one! It has always been a dream of mine to go back in time to either the first Seattle shows or any other early stop on the tour before she cut the bangs into her hair & experience it myself. That would def be my #1 choice above all others the Virgin Tour will always hold a special place in my heart for sure! I would LOVE to hear any memories you have of that if you wouldn't mind it fascinates me! I became a fan in 1989 with the LAP video & have loved her more & more as time goes by. I dream about the Virgin Tour & one day hope to do a deep dive book on it of some sort either chronicling each opening number outfit for every show or something along those lines. I can't get enough of it & have prob watched it over 1,000,000 times seriously LOL! Hope you can recollect what that experience was like for us here who would love to hear it!!!!

2 hours ago, Brandon Clark said:

Just now reading thru this post & I have to ask seeing that you went to the first show in Detroit. This show was also supposedly filmed by HBO in case there was a problem the following night with the live broadcast & I have always wondered - did her hair look the same during this show (a damn mess!) or was it the usual straightened style she was sporting at this time. I think there were just a couple shows where she had the awful unkempt hair that she wore for the HBO show & I've only seen one supposed picture from the first night in Detroit. But from what I could tell she looked different the first night in Detroit? Please tell me anything you can I've always wondered!?!?

The first night her hair was straightened like all the previous shows. I don't know what possessed her to do that comb back style for the filmed show cause it looked awful. 

Here's a pic from night 1:

2001_detroit_dwsfl01.jpg

Thanks SO much for taking the time to verify this for me I've always wanted to know the truth & you were the first person I've ever seen that was at the exact show! BIG mistake for sure to not wear her hair like this she looked SOOO much better with the straight style VS. the comb back. I will always wish for another proshot DWT with ANY other hair style than the HBO show to surface someday as I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tour but seriously can't handle the hair for some reason it ruins the look for me (& this is one of my all time fave tour looks as well but with that hair it's a flat out NO! LOL!) Thanks again for the info I'm jealous of you for getting to see such a monumental moment in M history this show was AMAZING in its time! XOXOXO

9 hours ago, Brandon Clark said:

I think you're the only person on here that I've read actually got to see the Virgin Tour!?!? I can't tell you how jealous I am of that I would NEVER forget that one! It has always been a dream of mine to go back in time to either the first Seattle shows or any other early stop on the tour before she cut the bangs into her hair & experience it myself. That would def be my #1 choice above all others the Virgin Tour will always hold a special place in my heart for sure! I would LOVE to hear any memories you have of that if you wouldn't mind it fascinates me! I became a fan in 1989 with the LAP video & have loved her more & more as time goes by. I dream about the Virgin Tour & one day hope to do a deep dive book on it of some sort either chronicling each opening number outfit for every show or something along those lines. I can't get enough of it & have prob watched it over 1,000,000 times seriously LOL! Hope you can recollect what that experience was like for us here who would love to hear it!!!!

It was dreamlike and unreal. I saw the famous opening outfit w/ jacket live! I remember it so well and running around the arena trying to take better seats (something you did as a young teen in the 80's)! I remember her humping her boom box and talking dirty lol. The whole place was vibrating with Madonna wannabes and it was everything you would expect it to be and much more. I bought her tour book and the next day everyone in the neighborhood couldn't wait to see it. And then a few moths later the Dress You Up video premiered and I went nuts because it brought it all back to life for me and the people I went with. I'm so lucky that I got to do that!

44 minutes ago, Lucky90210 said:

It was dreamlike and unreal. I saw the famous opening outfit w/ jacket live! I remember it so well and running around the arena trying to take better seats (something you did as a young teen in the 80's)! I remember her humping her boom box and talking dirty lol. The whole place was vibrating with Madonna wannabes and it was everything you would expect it to be and much more. I bought her tour book and the next day everyone in the neighborhood couldn't wait to see it. And then a few moths later the Dress You Up video premiered and I went nuts because it brought it all back to life for me and the people I went with. I'm so lucky that I got to do that!

I just LOVE reading things like this & will always feel the same about this time! If only I were just a few years older I def would've been there! Thanks so much for sharing your story it makes me wonder if there are any other people here who attended the Virgin Tour who maybe just haven't seen this thread yet to respond? I may try to start a thread asking just that soon I'm very interested in hearing people's experiences at this tour! Cheers!! XOXOXO

About 20-22 times, I cant be bothered to work them out. :laughing: Almost everything starting with WTG. Of course not all dates around the world but the tours, mini shows and up for grabs. VT didnt come here and I was too young :( 

Theres some benefits of being a dinosaur but missing VT I guess was out of my hands, Id not even flown that young. grrrr  Id sue my parents but they arent here. Shouldve reported them for child cruelty. 

Virgin Tour / June 7  / NYC
Who's That Girl / June 27  / Florida
Blond Ambition / June 11, 12 / NY
Girlie Show / October 14 / NY
Drowned World Tour / July 26 / NY
Reinvention Tour / June 21 / NY
Confessions Tour / June 29 ,July 3, NY / July 13, Philadelphia 
Sticky & Sweet Tour / October 11, NYC / October 16, Boston / November 20, Philadelphia
MDNA Tour / September 8, NYC / November 15, North Carolina
Rebel Heart Tour / September 17, NYC / September 24, Philadelphia 
Madame X / September 25, 26, Brooklyn / October 21, 23, Chicago

Haven’t made a list in centuries 

Drowned World - Earls Court, London 

Up For Grabs - Wyndhams Theatre, London

American Life - HMV, London

Reinvention - Earls Court, London 

Live 8 - Hyde Park, London 

Confessions - Wembley, London

Live Earth - Wembley, London 

Sticky & Sweet 08 - Wembley, London 

Sticky & Sweet 09 - O2, London 

MDNA - Palau Sant Jordi, Barcelona 

Rebel Heart - O2, London

Madame X - The Palladium, London

Celebration - O2, London x2 

So that’s 14 times oooooohh, also seen her tape 3 interviews, not sure if they count 

DWT Paris 27/06/01 (excellent show)

RIT Paris 1/09/04 (good)

RIT Paris 2/09/04 (excellent)

RIT Paris 4/09/04 (fantastic one !)

Confessions Paris 27/08/06

Confessions Paris 28/08/06 (my best M concert ever !)

Confessions Paris 30/08/06 (very good)

Olympia Hard candy showcase (funny and free)

S&S Nice 26/08/08 (cool small stadium but disappointing concert)

S&S Paris 20/09/08 (absolutely uninteresting)

S&S Paris 21/09/08 (bad show)

S&S Paris 9/07/09 (cooler than leg 1 and better in an arena)

MDNA Paris 14/07/12 (so so)

Olympia 26/07/12 (cool but too short)

RH Paris 9/12/15 (not that great)

RH Paris 10/12/15 (so so)

Madame X London 30/01/20 (disappointing = first night she was cutting the first part of the concert...)

Madame X Paris X/02/20 (can't remember as there was so many cancelations and last minutes changes... show was very good)

Celebration Paris 12/11/23 (good)

Celebration Paris 20/11/23 (excellent)

18 times !

Confessions was the best tour to live ever !

S&ST was the worst 

Drowned World Tour Milan 14 June

ReInvention Tour Paris 4

ReInvention Tour Paris 5

Confessions Tour Amsterdam 3

Confessions Tour Amsterdam 4

Sticky & Sweet Tour Rome

Sticky & Sweet Tour Milan

MDNA Milan

MDNA Rome

Rebel Heart Tour , Turin

Madame X Paris 22