The Grammy’s 2023

roberMDNA

18 minutes ago, mazzona said:

I am seeing all the comments and so-called news articles taking about her face and appearance. I am very much disgusted by all those bullying rooted in sexism and misogyny. 

once again she is taking the heat, and  it would not be okay to bully celebrities because of their age and appearance 10-20 years later. 

I agree. She literally did everything “right” this time and people are still attacking her. Artists half her age and younger in that very room have had copious amounts of work done.

7 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I agree. She literally did everything “right” this time and people are still attacking her. Artists half her age and younger in that very room have had copious amounts of work done.

Yep totally agree, and the only reason they don't comment is because they are younger, but she's older - it's totally agiest and uncalled for.

25 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I actually don't know why she even goes to this - they ignore her - just read that Beyonce has broken the record for the number of grammy's at 32 - yes Beyonce is great - but WTF - the Grammy's have clearly ignored Madonna for decades -yet she still rocks up - 

All the awards shows have been problematic for decades and it's the artists that play it safe, and play the game (and who often pay for awards) for corrupt industry voters that win.  Awards and award shows are meaningless and are really just paid promotion.  The prestige of the awards has fallen away to showcasing what is popular and to avoid allegations of racism and homophobia, very diverse 

In the context of Madonna, when she was the most outspoken and in some cases the most deserving (Like A Prayer, Live To Tell) etc she was ignored. When she wasn't a threat (Ray Of Light) she was rewarded. It's all a silly game.

As nice as it was to see her, I personally would have loved for her to abandon all awards shows 

51 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

I wonder why she goes to these things, i mean award shows are as dated as Twitter, it's just TV. You'd have to pay me to watch that. It feels like something from another era. 

Even if only a few watch the Grammys live: The event goes through the international media all week, including all social networks. An easier promotion is hardly achievable than simply appearing there.

2 minutes ago, Levon said:

Even if only a few see the Grammys live: The event goes through all the international media all week, including all social networks. An easier promotion is hardly achievable than simply appearing there.

But nobody talks about her. Here in Germany radio Stations keep reporting about beyonce breaking records and kim petra for winning being german and thats it. 

22 minutes ago, WopaelWopael said:

But nobody talks about her. Here in Germany radio Stations keep reporting about beyonce breaking records and kim petra for winning being german and thats it.

The photos and videos are being shared en masse on Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, etc. - and that's what it's all about. The fact that she was not the focus of the event is something I see more as an advantage.  It can be expected that the German gossip media will mention Madonna's appearance sooner or later.

Guys, from what I saw yesterday at the Grammys… you have to be prepared for what’s coming when the tour starts… not gonna be an easy ride 😅

She’s definitely not ready to be on road atm… hopefully by July miracles will happen.

She’s lacking the confidence… also personally I’m just sick & over those kind of speeches.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Grammy’s 2023
  • Jackie locked this topic