The Grammy’s 2023

roberMDNA

8 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Guys, from what I saw yesterday at the Grammys… you have to be prepared for what’s coming when the tour starts… not gonna be an easy ride 😅

She’s definitely not ready to be on road atm… hopefully by July miracles will happen.

She’s lacking the confidence… also personally I’m just sick & over those kind of speeches.

What's wrong with her "confidence" and when has she ever lacked that while performing for her own fans?

As for the speech, she sounded just fine. I don't get what people were expecting,.

22 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Guys, from what I saw yesterday at the Grammys… you have to be prepared for what’s coming when the tour starts… not gonna be an easy ride 😅

She’s definitely not ready to be on road atm… hopefully by July miracles will happen.

She’s lacking the confidence… also personally I’m just sick & over those kind of speeches.

Don't make me anxious... she canceled my Paris show during the MX Tour so I hope to finally see her live in Cologne this year :seeno:

As for the Grammys... she looked good (put away those grills please) and the speech was nice but nothing groundbreaking. I wish she would stop attending these kind of shows as they have never showed her the respect she deserves... while Beyoncé gets (undeservedly) every damn award

Edited by SonnyX (see edit history)

3 hours ago, vadge said:

If she came out with box braids and a mumu and gave some tone deaf speech about her opening doors for the gay community you would be losing your minds. Everyone would be wishing she just wore something nice, read her autocue and left. Well that's what we got! Let's celebrate that.

But she didn't look like 20 years ago in a floral dress ¹111¹¹¹11¹!!!!!!1!!!!! The tour is over, I blame Ricardo, where's Guy Oseary ²22@???? etc...

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

I wonder why she goes to these things, i mean award shows are as dated as Twitter, it's just TV. You'd have to pay me to watch that. It feels like something from another era. 

She went to support LGBQI+ artists who are starting to have huge success.  Something she has fought for since the beginning of her career.  Even Kim Petras gave her a personal shout out. She's still got our backs

2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I wonder why she goes to these things, i mean award shows are as dated as Twitter, it's just TV. You'd have to pay me to watch that. It feels like something from another era. 

Even if TV is dated, it's all over the social media. My Instagram and TikTok is full of Grammy's rn.

34 minutes ago, IconicQueen said:

What's wrong with her "confidence" and when has she ever lacked that while performing for her own fans?

As for the speech, she sounded just fine. I don't get what people were expecting,.

I’m speaking at this moment, let’s wait and see what will happen once the tour starts.
The speech was cheesy, same old thing… she used to own the stage and make powerful speeches/statements now she’s out of focus… also she takes everything not serious. 

43 minutes ago, Ayham said:

I'm sure M is personally sick of people attacking her and doubting her and this tour is likely a f*** you to everyone who has and does.

Stage one was to announce the tour and put tickets on sale and she proved to everyone (maybe even herself too) that the demand is still there and exceeded expectations - next up is 6 months to get ready for tour including intense rehearsals. 

If she's lacking confidence, it's likely because she's seen the comments across social media telling her she is not young enough, not fit enough and is not the same 'Madonna' anymore - don't underestimate her  I have no doubt she will deliver a great show and prove everyone wrong. 

27 minutes ago, SonnyX said:

Don't make me anxious... she canceled my Paris show during the MX Tour so I hope to finally see her live in Cologne this year :seeno:

As for the Grammys... she looked good (put away those grills please) and the speech was nice but nothing groundbreaking. I wish she would stop attending these kind of shows as they have never showed her the respect she deserves... while Beyoncé gets (undeservedly) every damn award

During MX especially Paris shows things were fucked up. Now it’s different. 
Yes, it’s shocking that they treated her this way. If I were her I won’t attend any of these shows unless they do me something BIG!  

2 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

I'm sure M is personally sick of people attacking her and doubting her and this tour is likely a f*** you to everyone who has and does.

Stage one was to announce the tour and put tickets on sale and she proved to everyone (maybe even herself too) that the demand is still there and exceeded expectations - next up is 6 months to get ready for tour including intense rehearsals. 

If she's lacking confidence, it's likely because she's seen the comments across social media telling her she is not young enough, not fit enough and is not the same 'Madonna' anymore - don't underestimate her  I have no doubt she will deliver a great show and prove everyone wrong. 

Yesss, exactly it’s her time to shine again however from what I see the last few years she’s not fully focused… her determination is getting lower by time and it’s completely normal.
Because I LOVE her I want her to be able to do this professionally and make positive headlines! Praying! 

2 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Yesss, exactly it’s her time to shine again however from what I see the last few years she’s not fully focused… her determination is getting lower by time and it’s completely normal.
Because I LOVE her I want her to be able to do this professionally and make positive headlines! Praying! 

She was fully focused for Madame X and continued a tour as best she could while batting injuries and against medical advice - we then had a worldwide pandemic and she had surguery and spent time recovering while also working and family.

If you consider your last 3 years, would people say you were fully focused vs the years before? 

1 minute ago, GregVsMatt said:

If you consider your last 3 years, would people say you were fully focused vs the years before? 

Of course I’m not, I’m not even the same person, however she’s MADONNA… everyone is watching her. Like other celebrities she needs to be fully focused/prepared.

1 hour ago, Ayham said:

She was not lacking confidence at all. She looked and sounded fine.

4 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I know it’s promo for the tour but if I was her adviser I would step down from these type of events.  

Agree. Best thing for her reputation would be a  interview similar to the one with Larry King. Or something like Mariah did with Genius (Interview with Fans only Audience). 

4 minutes ago, sara94 said:

Anyways, I'm once again glad that her prime was in the 80s, 90s and 00s. This generation doesn't deserve her even a little bit. 

Always thought that society would become more tolerant as the years would go by but now it looks like we are living in a much more judgmental world.

Oh come on things were 100 times worse in the 80’s & 90’s. Body positivity, Minorities visibility,  LGBTQ+ rights and increased visibility for powerful woman have improved vastly. 

Other things have gotten worse yes but the press at her peak were savage even up to the Britney break down years. Things are much better now. She wouldn’t have as much of a career if she broke now. She worked because she had those things to run up against to cause controversy. You can’t have one without the other. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Grammy’s 2023
  • Jackie locked this topic