The Grammy’s 2023

roberMDNA

7 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I know it’s promo for the tour but if I was her adviser I would step down from these type of events. They are awkward for most people and this one was really painful. The deathly silence. She makes a crowd anxious. Once she gave up trying to control the room she was fine and delivered well. The audience are sadly a real time indicator of how the general public view her. They respect her historical hustle but they’re not sure how to react to her anymore, even if there is love in the room. It was like her interactions with Diablo Cody. You have the room mother stop telling it what to do. It’s awkward. 
She’s so above these shows anyway. MJ would never be handing out awards and presenting. Neither would Beyoncé and I’m pretty sure Prince wasn’t doing this sort of thing in his later years. 
I’m sure she doesn’t want to be there anyway. Step back and let the mystery of your later years do the work for you mother you’ve earned the gravitas.
The look was cute but where was her neck? It made her properties look off that collar was too high who is styling her. 
But yeah promo I guess. 

There was nothing painful nor awkward about her speech/presence at all really. How YOU feel about it has nothing to do with her.

Awards shows are what they are and completely bulls**t and payed by the companies but you can't really get bigger than those in the music industry. I mean. The Grammys.

So of course it matters she's there and it's important she's there. It means, basically, she's still here.

Not to be mean, but you won't see Cindy Lauper or Paula Abdul introducing one of the most hyped performances of the night in the Grammys. So be happy she's still considered important.

4 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Oh come on things were 100 times worse in the 80’s & 90’s. Body positivity, Minorities visibility,  LGBTQ+ rights and increased visibility for powerful woman have improved vastly. 

Other things have gotten worse yes but the press at her peak were savage even up to the Britney break down years. Things are much better now. She wouldn’t have as much of a career if she broke now. She worked because she had those things to run up against to cause controversy. You can’t have one without the other. 

The press was more brutal yes, but at least we had no social media like Twitter or Tik Tok where they bully and mock her daily and sadly always go viral with that shit. 

I really don't think that todays society would've accepted Erotica, the Sex Book, LAV at BAT or Like a Prayer more. They would've cancelled and never let her chart again. Hell just look how quickly they cancelled Zoe Kravitz last year. I feel like if you "screw up" just once today, you are over forever. Another example is Katy Perry (not a fan of her btw)

20 minutes ago, steady75 said:

She’s so above these shows anyway. MJ would never be handing out awards and presenting. Neither would Beyoncé and I’m pretty sure Prince wasn’t doing this sort of thing in his later years.

They are undeniable legends, but how many people are still speaking about MJ or Prince these days? be honest.

As for Beyonce, she can't talk, like she literally can't even hold a speech other than getting up to receive awards so what else can you expect from her.

30 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Not to be mean, but you won't see Cindy Lauper or Paula Abdul introducing one of the most hyped performances of the night in the Grammys. So be happy she's still considered important.

That’s a very good point. But that’s actually part of the problem. The fact they spent 5 minutes tributing someone from Migos and paid dust to Olivia Newton John was pretty terrible and an indication of where this awards show is at. They are only interested in attracting young viewers. But yes, it is fortunate Madonna is still of interest to that audience. For how much longer that is the question?

40 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I know it’s promo for the tour but if I was her adviser I would step down from these type of events. They are awkward for most people and this one was really painful. The deathly silence. She makes a crowd anxious. Once she gave up trying to control the room she was fine and delivered well. The audience are sadly a real time indicator of how the general public view her. They respect her historical hustle but they’re not sure how to react to her anymore, even if there is love in the room. It was like her interactions with Diablo Cody. You have the room mother stop telling it what to do. It’s awkward. 
I’m sure she doesn’t want to be there anyway. Step back and let the mystery of your later years do the work for you mother you’ve earned the gravitas.
The look was cute but where was her neck? It made her proportions look off that collar was too high who is styling her. The 50 questions with Madonna, pride look and family BBQ dress have been her best looks in years. More of that please x 
But yeah promo I guess. 

It wasn't for promo.  The tour is almost a sell out. It wasn't a Madonna moment and if she made it about her. she would have been crucified for that. She was hanging out with Sam and Kim a week or so ago.  I'm sure they asked her because she has fought for LGBTQI+ rights since the beginning of her career and they acknowledge they wouldn't even be nominated for this award if it wasnt for her battle. She's worked really hard in this space.  Why cant she celebrate the moment with a openly transgender woman and non binary artist win a grammy for the first time. Not everything is so calculated with her.  Some of you are way too hard on her

1 hour ago, RebelHeart said:

Even if TV is dated, it's all over the social media. My Instagram and TikTok is full of Grammy's rn.

social media is dead and it does not know it. It jumped the shark when Musk bought Twitter. By now we all know social media is an illusion, popularity on social media does not mean popularity in the real world. In the last 24 hours, the New York Times posted 12 consecutive articles about Beyonce, saying the same thing over and over even managing to say in the same article that she's the artist with the most grammys and an underdog. I can't say enough how leaving Twitter last december made my life better. I was hooked on it, it started because it was part of my job, or so i was made to believe, spent a lot of time there, had a lot of followers because of my job, a lot of personnalities, some RTed me but it was all so bullshit. 3 years ago i quit smoking and quitting Twitter gives me the same feeling of freedom. I can't believe i smoked and i can't believe i spent so much time on Twitter when my work forces me to check a tweet there. Award shows are the same poison, i agree with Cate blanchett, they souldn't be broadcast at least. Our culture needs to move from these traps.

3 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

social media is dead and it does not know it. It jumped the shark when Musk bought Twitter. By now we all know social media is an illusion, popularity on social media does not mean popularity in the real world. In the last 24 hours, the New York Times posted 12 consecutive articles about Beyonce, saying the same thing over and over even managing to say in the same article that she's the artist with the most grammys and an underdog. I can't say enough how leaving Twitter last december made my life better. I was hooked on it, it started because it was part of my job, or so i was made to believe, spent a lot of time there, had a lot of followers because of my job, a lot of personnalities, some RTed me but it was all so bullshit. 3 years ago i quit smoking and quitting Twitter gives me the same feeling of freedom. I can't believe i smoked and i can't believe i spent so much time on Twitter when my work forces me to check a tweet there. Award shows are the same poison, i agree with Cate blanchett, they souldn't be broadcast at least. Our culture needs to move from these traps.

Sorry to burst your bubble but social media still rules the world.

Sadly.

Going back to last night, Lola was also there:

67367507-11717475-Two_s_company_The_26_y

67367519-11717475-image-m-81_1675672717767368257-11717475-image-a-82_16756727241

Cool!

I would never criticize her or talk shit about her face to non fans. And that will never change. We are here among ourselves I think, so its like sitting together with other siblings, being concerned about our mom. Maybe we are too harsh to her, I feel bad about it. But I just don't want to see her getting mocked & bullied anymore when she should be getting respect & recognition from the industry & society. 

the makeup and hair ruins the look. it's too tight.

look at this video of an (almost?) make up free madonna from last year. she looks gorgeous and somewhat natural, and she barely has make up on or any styling done

https://www.tiktok.com/@madonna/video/7118444537323818282

Edited by lalalagirl (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, lalalagirl said:

the makeup and hair ruins the look. it's too tight.

look at this video of an (almost?) make up free madonna from last year. she looks gorgeous and somewhat natural, and she barely has make up on or any styling done

https://www.tiktok.com/@madonna/video/7118444537323818282

You realize she had a ring light/light directly at her face there and probably some app filter too, right?

Plus she's a woman, not a Barbie doll.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

So tv is dead, right? Social media also - so what is alive?

6 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

I love her to death, but whoever is responsible for her  aesthetic right now needs to be shot into outer space.

I highkey think her team wants to sabotage her. Cause who would think her recent style would look good? Are they ever reading some of the comments?

I was expecting a big drama before watching the video, because of the comments here. And it wasn't bad at all, maybe it wasn't her best appareance, but it was correct and she's 64. Expecting more at this point is not natural at all, but I have to agree that I'm a little anxious about the dates of the concerts, as I see a lot. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Grammy’s 2023
  • Jackie locked this topic