The Grammy’s 2023

roberMDNA

7 minutes ago, Madonna Wannabee Collector said:

Madonna doing what she's doing at 64 will be the norm one day. no one will bat an eye.

and someone should start a fan page for the fans who like her circa 1982 - 2001

so the rest of us can enjoy this living legend of today in peace. 

Yes please. I am so sick of seeing trolls posing as fans. I understand everyone does not have to like everything she does but why focus your energy on the negative? I don’t go to Taylor, Gaga, Miley or Zac Efron forums and go off about how much surgery they have had at such a young age.

19 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I assume these people will get even louder when the tour starts. I hope she just ignores it all and rises above it. The ticket sales show she is truly loved by millions.

and who the fuck cares if she’s had surgery? She is 65. People need a reality check. There are female and male pop stars in their 20’s who have had face lifts. They ALL have Botox and fillers. When they are 65 it will show.

Exactlllllyyyyy THANK YOU! I get botox lol so what. A bitch gots to do what a bitch gots to do. Ppl need to worry about themselves and climate change 👏 we 👏 are 👏 over 👏 it. 

19 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Yes please. I am so sick of seeing trolls posing as fans. I understand everyone does not have to like everything she does but why focus your energy on the negative? I don’t go to Taylor, Gaga, Miley or Zac Efron forums and go off about how much surgery they have had at such a young age.

But like, why are ppl on a forum where fans CELEBRATE their artist? This whole "i have opinions" blah blah blah. No one cares. We dont read the essays. Like, GTFO✌️

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I mean. I’m honestly devastated with her own personally empowered choices to her face and that ass since Rebel Heart and I think it’s gotten to the point where it undermines her. We’re at pretty severe levels now and I find it uncomfortable to watch cause I love her so much. It’s .. a lot. We all know it and it’s her choice etc I just find it concerning so it seems so odd when others don’t see a problem to me. Maybe it’s a cultural thing I don’t know. Our UK older celebrities don’t really go to these extremes. 
… I don’t like to talk about it with friends or family so I’d rather discuss with you lot. Sorry if that pisses people off. I possibly ( naively),  consider this a safe space for all things Madonna cause anyone outside the forums reactions to her are … not good and it’s been like that for a few years 

but….having said that

the comments on Twitter and even on the front pages of the news are abhorrent. 
People posting pictures of their moms in their sixties and then of Madonna. There’s no need for that. 

Literally there is Simon Cowell lol

49 minutes ago, mazzona said:

Those who put up their or their X's picture in comparison to Madonna are absolute BULLIES.

Their action is called "BULLYING" and even TRANNY. 

Reducing someone  to their appearance is "LOOKISM' and ridiculing them because of their age is "AGEIST LOOKISM."

Assuming and proposing that the woman who is a business genius and [one of] the most successful artist ever is 'mentally not ok' or 'something is wrong with her' is GASLIGHTING at the surface level and in depth inextricably linked to the notion of FEMALE HYSTERIA, a CENTURY OLD SYSTEMATIC PATRIARCHAL tool to control and demonize women   who do not fit into white cis men's conception of how women must be/have inherently.

Those, mostly cis men such as 50c or kevin hart,  who put up her pics and videos and call her to 'sanity" or 'common sense' are 'PATRIARCHAL GATE KEEPERS' under the pretence of representing the common sense, and none is any different than so-called experts and moralists that locked up women whose existence made men [in power]  uncomfortable. 

It's often women who are the biggest bullies and critics of Madonna - especially white women from the USA in my experience

9 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

It's often women who are the biggest bullies and critics of Madonna - especially white women from the USA in my experience

Exactly! Great point!

I have two versions of a response:

Un-woke: Jealousy!

Woke: Being a woman does not impede someone from being sexist or misogynistic. There is a long history of [white] women's participation of sexist and misogynistic actions and politics, eugenics etc. (e.g. Anita bryant)

I saw one post saying she looked like Sasha Colby and all these people were tearing her apart. The ironic part is they all looked like someone let the air out of their face. The nerve, these people are morons.

When she wore her age on her sleeve, they always zoomed in on her hands or edited her photos to make her haggard, then she gets work done and they still give her crap. It's like that Shirley Manson quote, so true.

12 hours ago, VogueMusic said:
12 hours ago, acolyte said:

Her full face might as well, and I think this is far more likely, be due to natural weight gain. She's been through hip replacement surgery and months of pain leading up to it. Combine pain killers with an obvious lack of exercise and it is what it is. I don't doubt for a second that she will or probably already has undergone extensive physiotherapy and training in preparation for the tour. I'd be surprised if she hadn't lost two stones by the time the tour starts.

I think this is a very interesting thing to point out, and I rarely see it being talked about enough. It's always beating the dead horse about all the usual things...but, just a possibility, what if it's just part of aging, particularly for a woman...and even more so, personal health issues that are her private business (and that we may never know about). It's so easy to judge because we're all on the outside looking in, but knowing plenty of folks in my own life whose appearance has changed as often come down to various health issues (that were ultimately out of their control) that they eventually disclosed in confidence. It was was so easy to judge or "be concerned" when I didn't know the whole story. There's just so many different things that can affect someone's overall appearance and body shape, even if they've had 'work' done. Anyway, just something to consider.

And I've had a parent recently have a hip replacement (like M's) and it's taken a LONG time to recover. It's been hard as hell on them. Let alone the pain they were experiencing for years on end leading up to it. And as someone who deals with several health issues, including pain management, it can be hell on earth. I wish there was far more empathy on that issue.

This is pretty much how I feel on the matter, and articulated very well by both @VogueMusicand @acolyte. I'm not going to comment much, I respect her way too much to focus on it and speak to matters I have no absolute knowledge of. We know there have been physical health issues - to what extent the public may never know. I've seen comments of annoyance from fans online about her constantly wearing girdles/corsets. I think many may miss the fact they likely have a primary function of supporting her hips, back and spine. Her outfits for public appearances over the last few years have generally been either bulky/structured, almost like armour, or baggy to possibly conceal supports. The general public, however, have focused on the appearance of her face. Whether it's a result of steroids or pain medication causing bloating/swelling or reduced physical activity/exercise causing weight gain, I think some of it is a byproduct of her physical health issues and might be beyond her control. A sole explanation of too much facial surgeries/procedures and fillers has never really tracked for me. At the end of the day, I just want to see her healthy and happy - even if this means stepping back. The double edge sword here of course is that performing, singing and dancing, is happiness for her.

I personnally love the way she looked at the Grammys ! Full 90's and that is so cool right now. She was absolute chic in that 1997 Mugler outfit. The hair and makeup were also amazing. Her skin is finally not dead-white anymore and it just compliments her face and matches that hair color that suits her now way more than the over and over used blond. All i need now is new 90's house influenced music from her (make that inner city sample happen !!)

6 hours ago, drivebitch said:

No one made Michael Jackson butcher his face or molest children. 

Michael Jackson was found to be an innocent man, as per the lengthy criminal trial held in a Californian Superior Court.

So, please do your research.

He was also a dysmorphic, abused, bread-winning child star who was scrutinised by the public ever since he was a kid.

So, please check your compassion.

What really disturbs me regarding the grammy's is not Madonna but how the media are handling Harry Styles winning album of the year. For the past 48 hours, since sunday morning, i've been flooded by articles about Beyonce, especially the New York Times, an article per hour. The New Yorker transformed into PopJustice. We're totally being gaslighted into thinking Beyonce is an underdog and the greatest thing since Mozart. Harry Styles is totally overlooked, not that i particularly like him, but it's really disturbing to witness the Beyonce propaganda everywhere and people not only lapping it up but participating as well. 

30 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

What really disturbs me regarding the grammy's is not Madonna but how the media are handling Harry Styles winning album of the year. For the past 48 hours, since sunday morning, i've been flooded by articles about Beyonce, especially the New York Times, an article per hour. The New Yorker transformed into PopJustice. We're totally being gaslighted into thinking Beyonce is an underdog and the greatest thing since Mozart. Harry Styles is totally overlooked, not that i particularly like him, but it's really disturbing to witness the Beyonce propaganda everywhere and people not only lapping it up but participating as well. 

and like this

Beyoncé, the all-time leading Grammy winner, should never attend another Grammy Awards.” — LA Times on the GRAMMYs not awarding Beyoncé Album Of The Year.

even message for Beyoncé was spotted in the sky in Los Angeles: “Beyoncé, you made music history.”:Madonna008:

they all made her look like a victim of the system

like she so underrated 

but in fact she set the all time record 

love the Grimes spill some tea

e64b7d2da63c84842aa382b88918baac

7 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

and like this

Beyoncé, the all-time leading Grammy winner, should never attend another Grammy Awards.” — LA Times on the GRAMMYs not awarding Beyoncé Album Of The Year.

even message for Beyoncé was spotted in the sky in Los Angeles: “Beyoncé, you made music history.”:Madonna008:

they all made her look like a victim of the system

like she so underrated 

but in fact she set the all time record 

love the Grimes spill some tea

e64b7d2da63c84842aa382b88918baac

In France during strikes you can see hardcore leftists brandishing posters and wearing tote bags with Lenine, Marx, Beyone written on them...you know the Beyoncé that made that million dollar deal with Bernard Arnault's son for Tiffany's and that concert in Dubai...The gaslighting of the Beyonce propaganda is as extreme as Trump's

3 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

In France during strikes you can see hardcore leftists brandishing posters and wearing tote bags with Lenine, Marx, Beyone written on them...you know the Beyoncé that made that million dollar deal with Bernard Arnault's son for Tiffany's and that concert in Dubai...The gaslighting of the Beyonce propaganda is as extreme as Trump's

well its kind a hilarious that while the all media so worried about Bey 

but there almost silence about BJORK has lost her 16th!  Grammy nomination 

she has zero like ABBA ( they had 4 nomination this year)  :Madonna003:

I don't see the hype in the real world about Beyoncé. Literally I can't see anyone talking about her, not even on a bad way during the year, except if she goes on tour and comes to our city. Sometimes I feel sad for her, because she's paying to make that hype around her, but it's all fake, as she's so pretentious and perfect that nobody believes that, and no one remember a hit of her since Single Ladies, despite she had 'Break my sould' kind of hits here and there. 

About Madonna... She's the first one that seems insecure about her face etc, with extreme surgeries since 2008 (remember that we were the first ones shocked when she appeared on R&R Hall Of Fame around the Hard Candy release, with that pillow cheeks). Since then she retouches her face with surgery and also since she joined social media around MDNA, it was accelerating at the same time that she was getting older and her tours more demanding. Then the digital face tune, for the last 5 years... 

Madame X was the point the she faced herself as human, and as an older person, with limits. My workmate said that maybe it will be better if she adressed that she had some health problems, and people will match her point more, as they will see that she's an example of fight etc. Maybe, I don't know... but she's not facing the critics on a positive or brave way, surrounding herself with kids, drinks, more drinks and gangs, that's not rebellious, it's just pointless, silly and reducing all your marketing and art to Tiktok or wathever new platform it's just lazy, and she's more than that. 

I don't know what will be the correct thing, but something is not right for a long time, and I'm a little worried for the tour etc. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Grammy’s 2023
  • Jackie locked this topic