The Grammy’s 2023

roberMDNA

18 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

well its kind a hilarious that while the all media so worried about Bey 

but there almost silence about BJORK has lost her 16th!  Grammy nomination 

she has zero like ABBA ( they had 4 nomination this year)  :Madonna003:

In the 70's, 80's and 90's even in the 00's an album like Harry Styles would have never won album of the year. The Grammys like the Oscars should be about celebrating more adventurous and under the radar albums like Björk's (even if she has a lot of visibility compared to others). At the end of the day it's just a glorified tv show. 

2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

What really disturbs me regarding the grammy's is not Madonna but how the media are handling Harry Styles winning album of the year. For the past 48 hours, since sunday morning, i've been flooded by articles about Beyonce, especially the New York Times, an article per hour. The New Yorker transformed into PopJustice. We're totally being gaslighted into thinking Beyonce is an underdog and the greatest thing since Mozart. Harry Styles is totally overlooked, not that i particularly like him, but it's really disturbing to witness the Beyonce propaganda everywhere and people not only lapping it up but participating as well. 

Agree. Never liked Beyonce to be honest. Completely overrated. I’m not saying she’s not good at what she does but she’s not for me. 

Edited by MartinX (see edit history)

1 hour ago, nito84bcn said:

I don't see the hype in the real world about Beyoncé. Literally I can't see anyone talking about her, not even on a bad way during the year, except if she goes on tour and comes to our city. Sometimes I feel sad for her, because she's paying to make that hype around her, but it's all fake, as she's so pretentious and perfect that nobody believes that, and no one remember a hit of her since Single Ladies, despite she had 'Break my sould' kind of hits here and there. 

About Madonna... She's the first one that seems insecure about her face etc, with extreme surgeries since 2008 (remember that we were the first ones shocked when she appeared on R&R Hall Of Fame around the Hard Candy release, with that pillow cheeks). Since then she retouches her face with surgery and also since she joined social media around MDNA, it was accelerating at the same time that she was getting older and her tours more demanding. Then the digital face tune, for the last 5 years... 

Madame X was the point the she faced herself as human, and as an older person, with limits. My workmate said that maybe it will be better if she adressed that she had some health problems, and people will match her point more, as they will see that she's an example of fight etc. Maybe, I don't know... but she's not facing the critics on a positive or brave way, surrounding herself with kids, drinks, more drinks and gangs, that's not rebellious, it's just pointless, silly and reducing all your marketing and art to Tiktok or wathever new platform it's just lazy, and she's more than that. 

I don't know what will be the correct thing, but something is not right for a long time, and I'm a little worried for the tour etc. 

Madonna did to her face what a lot of people famous or not do. She’s happy with it is as fans are not. I think she did recognise her physical limits and pushed them as far as she could for as long as she could. Her awkwardness or limited dancing ability is a product of her getting older but more so of her hip replacement. That’s not a quick thing to get over. She’s never gonna move the way she did but she will do what she can. We should applaud that. Can you imagine how she must feel knowing how she used to move and now facing the fact she’s can’t do it so well. It must be frustrating. When I broke my foot it drove me mad not being able to just get up as quick as I could. I was no where near as fit or agile as her to begin with. We assume she’s indestructible and ignores the criticism she gets. We don’t know how it affects her. It clearly does.This woman has taken and is still taking so much crap it’s unbelievable. A lot of it comes from us, her fans. We should be building her up not knocking her down. 

1 hour ago, nito84bcn said:

Madame X was the point the she faced herself as human, and as an older person, with limits. My workmate said that maybe it will be better if she adressed that she had some health problems, and people will match her point more, as they will see that she's an example of fight etc. Maybe, I don't know... but she's not facing the critics on a positive or brave way, surrounding herself with kids, drinks, more drinks and gangs, that's not rebellious, it's just pointless, silly and reducing all your marketing and art to Tiktok or wathever new platform it's just lazy, and she's more than that. 

I don't know what will be the correct thing, but something is not right for a long time, and I'm a little worried for the tour etc. 

The people around her seem so toxic..

35 minutes ago, Frank said:

I don't get what all the fuss is about.  She looks great walking back stage.  Her face is fuller but so is her body.  That happens to everyone as they get older. Of course shes had work done but who hasn't in Hollywood. The zoom in pics while shes on stage with very unflattering lighting would make all of us look bad. Also some of the more trashy media sites have been obviously altered to make it even more of a headline. Glad she got to celebrate with Sam and Kim on their huge achievement.  Now get to rehearsing and make em all eat their words like you have so many times before.

9 minutes ago, blondebenji said:

I dont know why some people are worried about the tour.  She nailed it at pride and that was only last year. Shes got this

Well 'nailed'... she was out of breath after 3 songs, the rest of the setlist were drag queens and other performers. But if you compare it with Medellín, yes, it was an improvement 

13 minutes ago, blondebenji said:

I dont know why some people are worried about the tour.  She nailed it at pride and that was only last year. Shes got this

Nailed it? you only say  that because she did not look like a total train wreck that time around. She was still out of breath and tired pretty fast. I think that people in this forum have been so blinded by their excitement of the fact she is going on tour again that they dont even realize she might kill herself.

3 minutes ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

Nailed it? you only say  that because she did not look like a total train wreck that time around. She was still out of breath and tired pretty fast. I think that people in this forum have been so blinded by their excitement of the fact she is going on tour again that they dont even realize she might kill herself.

Lol

Drama queen.

4 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Lol

Drama queen.

Drama queen or realistic? I don't actually mean literally kill herself, I mean she might injure herself worse than she did on Madame X. I would prefer her to use her creativity in the studio rather than putting herself into an early grave by embarking on tours she is no longer able to physically handle. I am always going to support her and attend her shows regardless but its just a thought. Unlike many of the users in here, I seem to be in the minority not dumb enough to assume she is going to be able to pull off a massive tour based on what I have seen in recent years. I would love to be proven wrong obviously and I already purchased my tickets.

3 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

I don't see the hype in the real world about Beyoncé. Literally I can't see anyone talking about her, not even on a bad way during the year, except if she goes on tour and comes to our city. Sometimes I feel sad for her, because she's paying to make that hype around her, but it's all fake, as she's so pretentious and perfect that nobody believes that, and no one remember a hit of her since Single Ladies, despite she had 'Break my sould' kind of hits here and there. 

About Madonna... She's the first one that seems insecure about her face etc, with extreme surgeries since 2008 (remember that we were the first ones shocked when she appeared on R&R Hall Of Fame around the Hard Candy release, with that pillow cheeks). Since then she retouches her face with surgery and also since she joined social media around MDNA, it was accelerating at the same time that she was getting older and her tours more demanding. Then the digital face tune, for the last 5 years... 

Eres la leche!!

44 minutes ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

Drama queen or realistic? I don't actually mean literally kill herself, I mean she might injure herself worse than she did on Madame X. I would prefer her to use her creativity in the studio rather than putting herself into an early grave by embarking on tours she is no longer able to physically handle. I am always going to support her and attend her shows regardless but its just a thought. Unlike many of the users in here, I seem to be in the minority not dumb enough to assume she is going to be able to pull off a massive tour based on what I have seen in recent years. I would love to be proven wrong obviously and I already purchased my tickets.

But how do you know she can't physically handle it?? unless you're her doctor or within her inner circle you can only speculate 

The scary realisation is that ageism exist in her fan base as well as outside of it

Good god, the hysterics! Y'all were salivating when she did the same look at the Sex exhibition a few months back. A couple of nasty photos from the Daily Mail's editorial desk and everyone starts another pile-on. Granted, the high collar shirt was a poor choice and the bleached eyebrows are not flattering, but other than that, she's the same.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Honestly, at this point, I truly believe that people's issues with her is simply that she's getting old and her being out there and still doing her thing force them to 1) look at themselves and/or 2) realize they will get old too at some point.

If she was hidden away at home it wouldn't be a problem. Just like she forced everyone to look at and deal with female sexuality, racism, LGBT issues, etc. etc. in the past, she's doing it now with age, just by the simple act of... existing.

This. It’s the politically correct thing to bow out ‘gracefully’. But she’s never been politically correct. It’s why I love her.

29 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

But how do you know she can't physically handle it?? unless you're her doctor or within her inner circle you can only speculate 

The scary realisation is that ageism exist in her fan base as well as outside of it

There are plenty of older artists who are still fantastic performers, Madonna has not been up to her usual standards in recent years. That is a fact not ageism. I am not saying she wont be able to do it, I just have fears it will be way too much based on how I have seen her perform since 2019.

11 minutes ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

There are plenty of older artists who are still fantastic performers, Madonna has not been up to her usual standards in recent years. That is a fact not ageism. I am not saying she wont be able to do it, I just have fears it will be way too much based on how I have seen her perform since 2019.

who are those "plenty older artists"? maybe they're not dancing like she is, or they're lip synching and only doing one or two of the same choreos they've done for years.. otherwise.. there's the kylie and cher types who just walk around the stage (which is FINE! I prefer for M to do the same and make it easier for herself), but really who are you talking about?

Edited by lalalagirl (see edit history)

Hummm… the real problem is her messing up with her face… she needs to realize it’s not helping her at all… most comments are from random people addressing the fact that she’s unrecognizable due to the massive work she did & actually continue to do. It’s not about her getting older or anything… it’s about the fact that she ruined her face & body… it’s completely her choice however coz she’s Madonna public won’t stop talking. She needs to realize that at some point she MUST stop these horrible things that she’s doing with her face!!! Unless she doesn’t care like some fans… 

another factor is her unpleasant personality/attitude that she developed through the recent years… the general public doesn’t like or care about her anymore.

23 minutes ago, lalalagirl said:

who are those "plenty older artists"? maybe they're not dancing like she is, or they're lip synching and only doing one or two of the same choreos they've done for years.. otherwise.. there's the kylie and cher types who just walk around the stage (which is FINE! I prefer for M to do the same and make it easier for herself), but really who are you talking about?

Paul Mccartney, Cher, Dolly Parton, Bruce Springsteen, 90 plus year old Tony Bennett with dementia, need I go on😂🤣 One does not need to try and dance like they are 25 in order to be a great performer, something Madonna should learn from, less dancing that nobody cares about which ruins vocals and wears her out and more emphasis on singing that does not sound like it came from a program. PS, imagine talking about lip syncing of other artists while being a Madonna fan🙄

14 minutes ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

Paul Mccartney, Cher, Dolly Parton, Bruce Springsteen, 90 plus year old Tony Bennett with dementia, need I go on😂🤣 One does not need to try and dance like they are 25 in order to be a great performer, something Madonna should learn from, less dancing that nobody cares about which ruins vocals and wears her out and more emphasis on singing that does not sound like it came from a program. PS, imagine talking about lip syncing of other artists while being a Madonna fan🙄

when did I say any of that? Im very obviously asking who is dancing while mostly singing at the same time and putting on a show like her? I can't think of anyone, that's why I asked those names!

16 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Hummm… the real problem is her missing up with her face… she needs to realize it’s not helping her at all… most comments are from random people addressing the fact that she’s unrecognizable due to the massive work she did & actually continue to do. It’s not about her getting older or anything… it’s about the fact that she ruined her face & body… it’s completely her choice however coz she’s Madonna public won’t stop talking. She needs to realize that at some point she MUST stop these horrible things that she’s doing with her face!!! Unless she doesn’t care like some fans… 

another factor is her unpleasant personality/attitude that she developed through the recent years… the general public doesn’t like or care about her anymore.

it's off putting to people, i guess, that she always acts like that "controversial" dominatrix.. when in reality she's this sweet loving woman.. maybe show more of that?

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Grammy’s 2023
  • Jackie locked this topic