The Grammy’s 2023

roberMDNA

2 hours ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

Drama queen or realistic? I don't actually mean literally kill herself, I mean she might injure herself worse than she did on Madame X. I would prefer her to use her creativity in the studio rather than putting herself into an early grave by embarking on tours she is no longer able to physically handle. I am always going to support her and attend her shows regardless but its just a thought. Unlike many of the users in here, I seem to be in the minority not dumb enough to assume she is going to be able to pull off a massive tour based on what I have seen in recent years. I would love to be proven wrong obviously and I already purchased my tickets.

Speaking like a Qanon hahaha, not sharing the same ideas but the same rhetoric "I'm not a sheep". Can you at least wait a few weeks before the tour to be so dramatic ? She has plenty of time to get in shape and to put this tour together in a way it won't drain her. 

50 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Hummm… the real problem is her messing up with her face… she needs to realize it’s not helping her at all… most comments are from random people addressing the fact that she’s unrecognizable due to the massive work she did & actually continue to do. It’s not about her getting older or anything… it’s about the fact that she ruined her face & body… it’s completely her choice however coz she’s Madonna public won’t stop talking. She needs to realize that at some point she MUST stop these horrible things that she’s doing with her face!!! Unless she doesn’t care like some fans… 

another factor is her unpleasant personality/attitude that she developed through the recent years… the general public doesn’t like or care about her anymore.

People would say the same awful stuff about her if she was "natural" and all wrinkly. She can't win in this. Just like any other old female celebrity, they're vilified anyway. And instead of learning, us as a society keep doing it while we have the two magical worlds "mental health" thrown an any occasion in every other talk. You know what is mental health too? Leaving people alone and not judging other people's bodies and faces. That's toxic as f**k.

Problem is age, especially in women. It's starting to happen to Gwen Stefani too, recently and she's "only" 53. Up until maybe four-five years ago, she was universally praised for how good she looked and now almost every article is about how "different" she looks, botox, what she did to her face, blablabla - and she looks exactly the same as 3 years ago. Nothing changed... except she turned 50.

People can't seem to accept a woman above certain age looking good or trying to look good or doing it for themselves. For years are when they're in their 40s it's OK for them to look great cause it fits the general beauty standard, people don't care if they have tons of stuff done cause they like what they see. I always put this example but NO ONE seemed to have anything negative to say about "Confessions" Madonna and she was also far from "natural" and all of those things people accuse her of not being now. Actually, back into "Ray Of Light" era, even. But in all those eras it fitted their standards of what they wanted to see. Now it's like "we know you're old, how dare you to try to fool us?". 

Guess what? Maybe she's doing it for herself and not anyone else. She's been criticized to death since 2008 and that didn't stop her. Do you think she cares what people think?

And in the end: her face is not anyone's business.

9 minutes ago, Prayer said:

People would say the same awful stuff about her if she was "natural" and all wrinkly. She can't win in this. Just like any other old female celebrity, they're vilified anyway. And instead of learning, us as a society keep doing it while we have the two magical worlds "mental health" thrown an any occasion in every other talk. You know what is mental health too? Leaving people alone and not judging other people's bodies and faces. That's toxic as f**k.

Problem is age, especially in women. It's starting to happen to Gwen Stefani too, recently and she's "only" 53. Up until a couple of years ago, she was praised and now almost every article is about how "different" she looks - and she looks the same as 3 years ago.

People can't seem to accept a woman above certain age looking good or trying to look good or doing it for themselves. For years are when they're in their 40s it's OK for them to look great cause it fits the general beauty standard, people don't care if they have tons of stuff done cause they like what they see. I always put this example but NO ONE seemed to have anything negative to say about "Confessions" Madonna and she was also far from "natural" and all of those things people accuse her of not being now. Actually, back into "Ray Of Light" era, even. But in all those eras it fitted their standards of what they wanted to see. Now it's like "we know you're old, how dare you to try to fool us?". 

Guess what? Maybe she's doing it for herself and not anyone else. She's been criticized to death since 2008 and that didn't stop her. Do you think she cares what people think?

Her face is her trademark. And her tool.

She cares what people think, she's using filters, edits her videos to death, hides her body and bottom, doesn't want close ups anymore...  She's really, really insecure right now.

Just now, FallingInLove said:

Her face is her trademark. And her tool.

She cares what people think, she's using filters, edits her videos to death, hides her body and bottom, doesn't want close ups anymore...  She's really, really insecure right now.

Don't you think that maybe and just maybe she does that cause she wants/likes/prefer to see herself that way?

2 hours ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

Drama queen or realistic? I don't actually mean literally kill herself, I mean she might injure herself worse than she did on Madame X. I would prefer her to use her creativity in the studio rather than putting herself into an early grave by embarking on tours she is no longer able to physically handle. I am always going to support her and attend her shows regardless but its just a thought. Unlike many of the users in here, I seem to be in the minority not dumb enough to assume she is going to be able to pull off a massive tour based on what I have seen in recent years. I would love to be proven wrong obviously and I already purchased my tickets.

How do we know she can’t physically handle this tour? We don’t! I doubt she’s gonna try and dance her arse off to the point she’s in need of a new set of lungs. I personally think she is well aware of her limits now and will produce a tour to reflect this. 

1 hour ago, Ayham said:

Hummm… the real problem is her messing up with her face… she needs to realize it’s not helping her at all… most comments are from random people addressing the fact that she’s unrecognizable due to the massive work she did & actually continue to do. It’s not about her getting older or anything… it’s about the fact that she ruined her face & body… it’s completely her choice however coz she’s Madonna public won’t stop talking. She needs to realize that at some point she MUST stop these horrible things that she’s doing with her face!!! Unless she doesn’t care like some fans… 

another factor is her unpleasant personality/attitude that she developed through the recent years… the general public doesn’t like or care about her anymore.

Her face is overdone..but I think that’s something we must accept. Nothing we say is gonna change what she does.I hope she stood the over filling but I’m sure she won’t. The GP disliking her? I think the reaction to the tour discounts that. 

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

Speaking like a Qanon hahaha, not sharing the same ideas but the same rhetoric "I'm not a sheep". Can you at least wait a few weeks before the tour to be so dramatic ? She has plenty of time to get in shape and to put this tour together in a way it won't drain her. 

THIS IS A DISCUSSION and I expressed an opinion that Madonna MIGHT not be physically able to handle a massive tour. If I went on a rant about how this was going to be her greatest tour since Blond Ambition we all know that you would not tell me to stop being so dramatic. Again, I am hoping that she will do great during this tour, I just have concerns and I have expressed in the past that she needs to cut out some of the dance routines. People like you are so tired and bitter about wasting their lives debating twitter trolls in the past that now a user can't even express genuine concern. What about her live performances since 2019 makes you so confident this tour will go off without a hitch?

1 hour ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

Paul Mccartney, Cher, Dolly Parton, Bruce Springsteen, 90 plus year old Tony Bennett with dementia, need I go on😂🤣 One does not need to try and dance like they are 25 in order to be a great performer, something Madonna should learn from, less dancing that nobody cares about which ruins vocals and wears her out and more emphasis on singing that does not sound like it came from a program. PS, imagine talking about lip syncing of other artists while being a Madonna fan🙄

She can’t dance like a 25 year old anymore! That’s not all age related though.. she’s had a hip replacement. That alone would stop her what ever age. 

13 minutes ago, MartinX said:

How do we know she can’t physically handle this tour? We don’t! I doubt she’s gonna try and dance her arse off to the point she’s in need of a new set of lungs. I personally think she is well aware of her limits now and will produce a tour to reflect this. 

I never said that I am 100% sure she cant handle the tour physically, I hope you are right that she is aware of her limits and will produce a tour to reflect this, I have been saying that forever.

44 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Problem is age, especially in women. It's starting to happen to Gwen Stefani too, recently and she's "only" 53. Up until maybe four-five years ago, she was universally praised for how good she looked and now almost every article is about how "different" she looks, botox, what she did to her face, blablabla - and she looks exactly the same as 3 years ago. Nothing changed... except she turned 50.

I agree, but let’s not forget that there’s plenty of female public figures who are above 50 and loved by media in general, so it’s simply how you do it. Gwen started to look unrecognizable too… these celebrities belongs to general public so I guess it’s our business too lol.

I actually said M doesn’t care so fans like you should just accept these comments without acting extra. Fans in general needs to slow down. She gives 0 fuck. 😅

19 minutes ago, MartinX said:

Her face is overdone..but I think that’s something we must accept. Nothing we say is gonna change what she does.I hope she stood the over filling but I’m sure she won’t. The GP disliking her? I think the reaction to the tour discounts that. 

The reaction to the tour is normal because most people are going coz they’re curious to see her. Also general people (not fans) tend to forget what she did last year or so lol… so I think it’s about the moment. I hope she delivers an epic show(s) not just one or two shows… she must do each show with same energy/effort which unfortunately I doubt. 😔

8 minutes ago, Ayham said:

she must do each show with same energy/effort which unfortunately I doubt. 😔

Shhhhhh you cannot express that opinion because according to our benevolent and all knowing dictator @Roland Barthesthat is being dramatic and reeks of Trump like rhetoric. @Roland Bartheswould do well to keep in mind that not all of us are cursed with having Donald Trump live inside our heads rent free twenty four seven.

My problem isnt that she’s 64.

What I find weird  is how she looks.

She can do what she wants.

But I also thinks she plays into victimhood.

If you can handle the criticism people make about your “procedures”, you can handle the criticism made about wrinkles and older facial features.

She doesnt look  young

3 minutes ago, Edward I Longshanks said:

Shhhhhh you cannot express that opinion because according to our benevolent and all knowing dictator @Roland Barthesthat is being dramatic and reeks of Trump like rhetoric.

I totally understand how fans feels… 🤣😁😅 at the end we all love her. 🙏🏼 let’s just hope & pray for the best!

Its time to leave her alone. We need to protect and support her and not kicking her down.

Imagine if she'd read some of the comments here and on other platforms...I know she doesn't care at all about the publics opinion on her, but knowing that her own fans are talking about her like that, would hurt her a lot, I believe.

Unless someone starts a petition and sends it to her, we can't do or change anything about her messing with her face. So lets just calm down and focus on supporting her.

I care because I think she cares.. she probably feels very insecure and is hurting from this. she's human. she probably feels weird about it.. all this talk about mental health and being more sensitive toward each other, yet at the same time many of these people bully her. maybe it would do her good to openly talk about her insecurities too. 

if i knew she genuinely didnt give a fuck, I wouldnt care about the nasty comments.

But maybe she does not want to look pretty, maybe she wants to look weird. She could well suffer from body dysmorphia too. But there's one thing that is true for sure is that there is a plastic surgery phobia. The reactions are over the top, like she killed their children or something. You take a glimpse at people commenting, they don't even hide, and what do you see ? Roadkill that no plastic surgery or even miracle can salvage. It's interesting to know why people have this extreme reaction to it, it does not come from concern for her, that's why i think there is a phobia linked to plastic surgery. Nicole Kidman and many others have been the target of online hate for it. Why ? Why people react so viciously  like it's their own face ? That should be studied. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Grammy’s 2023
  • Jackie locked this topic