Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

2 hours ago, tscott said:

Would love to see her do the LAV/Billie Jean medley again.  In fact, I wondered if a lot of the setlist would re-visit some versions from previous tours. 

I agree Bitch, I"m Madonna would be great as an opener, rather ending. 

Could make sense as a closer considering "we go hard or we go home" and you go home after the show

13 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

Could make sense as a closer considering "we go hard or we go home" and you go home after the show

Definitely.  The tour seems to be a re-visit of her last 4 decades, so it's not impossible to think she hasn't found a way to re-invent even the Virgin tour performance.  It makes sense since that is the song that really put her on the map. I'm open to whatever she does.  She's always inventive and it astounds me who are close minded about anything she does, even if it's re-visiting something, even though that is a rare thing she does. I think the point is to spark nostalgia and if she even does a bit of what she's done in the past, will excite a lot of people, even those who were original fans since her first tour.

16 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

We already got that in ‘85, though.

It would be reductive now.

I see your point, but there will obviously be some nostalgia in the performances you would assume. Not every number will be a rehash but with potentially 30 songs on the setlist, there will obviously be nods to past performances. I highly doubt Madonna will do it step-for-step of the Virgin tour performance though.

I also want a mix of reinvention in there with some songs totally revamped but it needs glimpses of the old too

Just got off the phone with M guys, it went like this. 

Me: Hey Madge 

Her: ummm

Me: So me and the Infinity guys were talking about these alleged revisited performances. 

Her: … 

Me: If you’re doing so… can you please revisit You’ll See from DWT? No need to change anything. No auto tune effects. No electric guitar version. No rap interlude. And performed every night this time. 

Her: *dial tone*

May be wrong but I don’t think we will get You’ll See. 

#canyouimadge-in

16 hours ago, scion said:

Just got off the phone with M guys, it went like this. 

Me: Hey Madge 

Her: ummm

Me: So me and the Infinity guys were talking about these alleged revisited performances. 

Her: … 

Me: If you’re doing so… can you please revisit You’ll See from DWT? No need to change anything. No auto tune effects. No electric guitar version. No rap interlude. And performed every night this time. 

Her: *dial tone*

May be wrong but I don’t think we will get You’ll See. 

#canyouimadge-in

She hung up??? 

hung up madonna GIF

5 hours ago, Rebel Hugo said:

If Madonna is going to perform the Like a Virgin / Billie Jean medley again, I want the Express Yourself / Born This Way medley again too! 🔥

I can see the meltdowns in the 2 fandoms if that happen again! 😂🔥

Mad Knitting GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

Lol that Gaga beef was cringe af

23 minutes ago, Ekans said:

Lol that Gaga beef was cringe af

What beef?

Goober ripped off a ton from Madonna and then went on Leno lying about something M said and then went on to say that her and Madonna are completely different, because she, Goober, writes her own songs. 

She just lies about a lot of stuff and inserts herself in every disaster that comes along.

She plays the victim card to gain fans and is just so far up her own arse, it’s cringe af.

I like quite a few of her songs, but my god the woman is insufferable and fake af.

She was cool when she owned herself at the start of her career.

19 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

What beef?

Goober ripped off a ton from Madonna and then went on Leno lying about something M said and then went on to say that her and Madonna are completely different, because she, Goober, writes her own songs. 

She just lies about a lot of stuff and inserts herself in every disaster that comes along.

She plays the victim card to gain fans and is just so far up her own arse, it’s cringe af.

I like quite a few of her songs, but my god the woman is insufferable and fake af.

She was cool when she owned herself at the start of her career.

I understand what you’re saying but for an artist as huge as Madonna to buy into Gaga’s mess at the time was a bit unnecessary. It’s like she felt threatened by a young artist who was just starting to rise, and then she did a whole performance in MDNA Tour inspired by all that nonsense when she could have just ignored or kept it to interviews. I can’t watch the “she’s not me” bit on the MDNA Tour because I cringe so much at that. If they had collaborated in some form instead of beefing it would have been so much more memorable.

36 minutes ago, Ekans said:

...for an artist as huge as Madonna to buy into Gaga’s mess at the time was a bit unnecessary. It’s like she felt threatened by a young artist who was just starting to rise, and then she did a whole performance in MDNA Tour inspired by all that nonsense when she could have just ignored or kept it to interviews. I can’t watch the “she’s not me” bit on the MDNA Tour because I cringe so much at that. If they had collaborated in some form instead of beefing it would have been so much more memorable.

My take away was that she was doing a tongue and cheek dig to show that Born this Way and Express Yourself are very much alike.  I quite like the inclusion and thought it was a great idea to add it as well as "She's Not Me".