Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

58 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

Its interesting I do not find the resemble between the two songs: born this way and express yoursefl.

It's interesting because I didn't think to connect to the song until I heard the mash-ups, etc.  Maybe it's just a coincidence, but It does humor me that Gaga denied any comparison.

I think the only nods to previous tours will be costume wise. Variations like the Vogue Basque on MDNA. I don't see any reenactments happening. It's a bit Whatever Happened To Baby Jane for her to be reenacting something she did forty years ago to be honest. She's better than that and it would just embolden the critics who call her old and past it. Not that she or I care but you know. 

10 hours ago, steady75 said:

I think the only nods to previous tours will be costume wise. Variations like the Vogue Basque on MDNA. I don't see any reenactments happening. It's a bit Whatever Happened To Baby Jane for her to be reenacting something she did forty years ago to be honest. She's better than that and it would just embolden the critics who call her old and past it. Not that she or I care but you know. 

I'm picturing a mashup between Deeper and Deeper with I've Written a Letter to Daddy

Honestly, it would be really sweet and such a tribute if she did make references to past tours/shows for her dedicated and loyal fans who are either here or no longer here with us. I think that may explain her wanting to sell old merchandise and fan favorites for this tour. It'll probably feel like a HS reunion where everyone across generations are gathered around to see her perform classics and new hits to celebrate her and appreciate the nostalgia and memories fans and Madonna created together. 

I do wonder if she might guest invite Sam Smith to perform Vulgar at other shows. I don't see why not, and I can see it likely happening. 

2 hours ago, DJ N A said:

Personally,

I don't want to see old, recycled tour costumes that I've already seen before.

Give me a fresh, new experience.

I don't mind classic hits in the setlist.

But I want Madonna 2023.

That's what I want.

Do you really believe anything she presents on this tour will be recycled?  When has she really done so on tour?  Still, this tour is about her 4 decades in music, so I can definitely see her paying homage (even in a newly innovative way) to the past.  I don't think you have anything to worry about because Madonna has always been about bringing a new experience even with the classics. She'll find a way to perform her classics by paying homage to her past and you can bet it will only get a roar of an applause when doing so.  You'll get Madonna 2023, and I'm confident in that because while this tour is to celebrate her career, she still is releasing new music with Sam Smith and Weeknd.  Whether it's your taste or not, it's her embracing 2023 as well. :)

1 minute ago, Andymad said:

This would be wild. And totally not what we'd get hahaha.  I'd rather the blond ambition tour corset Ala Express Yourself and not Like A Virgin.  The reveal is just TOO good. 

But It's possible she may do a few re-inventions... throw backs.  We'll have to see.  It's not totally impossible.

18 hours ago, Honey Little said:

I hope she is still working with Stuart Price. They (Madonna and her pr team)  have not been posting much recently on her social media channels. 

Maybe they're doing dress rehearsals with most of the real stage props and visuals complete, so posting something could be a spoiler.