Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

4 hours ago, tscott said:

C'mon you can't compare a live arena or stadium performance versus to small places like a studio. On stage, it is far more in the moment.  While when singing in the studio, she is far more in control.  There is so much going on during a live show that in many cases artists can easily lost control of their vocals.  Especially when they are doing it night after night.  It takes a toll on their voice. 

She is capable of singing live very beautifully.  But it all depends on the song and what sort of vocals are needed for it.  This is why when she sings songs like La Vie En Rose, Sodade, and  some other softer songs, she sounds great.  But those songs are sung much softer, while she has other songs where she does sing louder and rougher do to the dynamics of the performance as well as her being in the  moment while dancing or playing the guitar.  She has acknowledge how bad she sounds in the past when she screams out certain lyrics.  But for me, it isn't a big deal because a lot of artists never sound just like a studio recorded album unless they are miming the song.  Not to say that there aren't artists who can sing perfect on stage, but many of them are just singing, and not really hopping about the stage.  Once you do that, your vocals are a bit harder to control.

Yes but sometimes she sings quiet and sitting down and she sings so out of key that something else must be happening apart from the move thing ya know...anyway. her offkey notes are amazing, I love it.

8 hours ago, sbrombolessio said:

Ray of light?

8 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

Music is pretty well known for its repetitive 2 note bleep-bleep structure...

I'd say it is probably ITG, those two first notes (of the TIC version) are sooooo iconic, plus the song is actually about getting up on your feet and stepping to the beat

I'm not gonna go there in my mind but I am a tiny bit concerned with Bob being at rehearsls, I think as an opening act he would be really enjoyable but I really really hope we don't get anything like the pride performance, I can't with those kind of energy dips. But let's wait and see

3 minutes ago, Pretender1978 said:

I'm not gonna go there in my mind but I am a tiny bit concerned with Bob being at rehearsls, I think as an opening act he would be really enjoyable but I really really hope we don't get anything like the pride performance, I can't with those kind of energy dips. But let's wait and see

+1. Unfortunately the tour poster says “special guest” and not “opening act” 😩. If he is in the show I hope it’s only for a single 1 minute interlude.