Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

7 hours ago, Lucky Star said:

Tony has been giving hints on his IG, and based on his captions, I think Madonna has rehearsed some songs, but who knows if they make the final cut on the setlist, OR if she plays them at different legs of her tour when she goes to other countries/continents. 

People think that Tony is hinting Music, but I really think he's hinting Impressive Instant because of the comet ("comets shoot across the sky") and rocket emojis he used in the caption. He also captioned, "This is what you have been waiting for," which is similar to her lyric, "You're the one that I've been waiting for." Everyone would freak out, and the first few notes are a dead giveaway. 

He posted a Danceteria picture, and I think without a doubt, she'd be playing her first, debut single, Everybody. 

Everyone would freak out because it’s an obscure album track and the general public do not know it.

Its a cute enough song, but the DWT performance was enough.

What I am confused about is the “2 notes” thing. People here are saying Music and Into the groove, but Music is 3 beats (dum dum… dum) and into the groove is 4 notes (da da… dee da…) so I’m not sure (or maybe I’m missing something?

to me an iconic 2 note intro should be something like Vogue (with the 2 very long notes from the immaculate collection)?

49 minutes ago, Diieeego said:

What I am confused about is the “2 notes” thing. People here are saying Music and Into the groove, but Music is 3 beats (dum dum… dum) and into the groove is 4 notes (da da… dee da…) so I’m not sure (or maybe I’m missing something?

to me an iconic 2 note intro should be something like Vogue (with the 2 very long notes from the immaculate collection)?

I agree. I also think the Vogue strings are much more iconic than the Into the Groove intro and would get a much stronger reaction at the beginning of the show, even if it's been done before. 

1 hour ago, Diieeego said:

I think everyone here is taking what Tony - a wardrobe assistant, not a musician - said wayyyyy to literally. I doubt he knows the difference between a "note," a "chord," or a "bar." I think his sentiment was that the show has an exciting start. And that's it.

If you're taking him literally: Into the Groove and Vogue start with CHORDS not notes. Music starts with bass NOTES.

But again - I don't think he's being literal.

19 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I’m probably the only fan who thinks impressive instant is a rubbish song sorry and no way Is she doing it for this tour …

It’s not bad, but it’s not some masterpiece like many fans claim it is.

Nor would it have been this huge pop smash hit like a lot of fans think.

Its definitely better than that dull Beautiful Stranger clone, (not so) Amazing.

I dunno...my thoughts on "what could her opener be" changes every week for me. One week I was thinking Nothing Really Matters, then Music, Sorry, and now Impressive Instant. I'm not thinking of songs that are strictly a number 1 hit/fan only type of song. I'm thinking about what it is she is gonna want to say at the beginning lyrically. Those are my guesses -- final answer 🤣

2 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

I dunno...my thoughts on "what could her opener be" changes every week for me. One week I was thinking Nothing Really Matters, then Music, Sorry, and now Impressive Instant. I'm not thinking of songs that are strictly a number 1 hit/fan only type of song. I'm thinking about what it is she is gonna want to say at the beginning lyrically. Those are my guesses -- final answer 🤣

Music is the only one that makes sense from that list. The worst way Madonna could open a greatest hits show is with a song that no one knows. The rest of those songs weren't big hits, if even singles, in the US.

2 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Music is the only one that makes sense from that list. The worst way Madonna could open a greatest hits show is with a song that no one knows. The rest of those songs weren't big hits, if even singles, in the US.

You mean Hits that were on a recent compilation? Dance Club Hits? My ex was no where near a Madonna fan/stan and guess what his favorite M song was "Bad Girl". Fan favorites doesn't mean the same to everyone. 

3 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

It’s not bad, but it’s not some masterpiece like many fans claim it is.

Nor would it have been this huge pop smash hit like a lot of fans think.

Its definitely better than that dull Beautiful Stranger clone, (not so) Amazing.

I remember when the music cd came critics were obsessed with this, the same they were saying that Gang Bang was the perfect song in the MDNA, I never understood or agree with them. But it was like that amazingly.

4 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I remember when the music cd came critics were obsessed with this, the same they were saying that Gang Bang was the perfect song in the MDNA, I never understood or agree with them. But it was like that amazingly.

I remember that too - one magazine gave impressive instant 10 out of 10 !! Seriously?? I was expecting a masterpiece song and was seriously let down - it’s just a load of noise - sounds like a belch being played through a vocoder - Mirwais usual uninspired production … 😴

I remember that too - one magazine gave impressive instant 10 out of 10 !! Seriously?? I was expecting a masterpiece song and was seriously let down - it’s just a load of noise - sounds like a belch being played through a vocoder - Mirwais usual uninspired production …
I really like the song, but I love your description of it. I can hear it in a different way now and I can't stop laughing

4 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I remember that too - one magazine gave impressive instant 10 out of 10 !! Seriously?? I was expecting a masterpiece song and was seriously let down - it’s just a load of noise - sounds like a belch being played through a vocoder - Mirwais usual uninspired production … 😴

The sounds used in Impressive Instant always remind me of those of a mixer:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952s8pgsrn5g35xf1w27y5

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

say what you want about the song but her performance at DWT was one of THE BEST live performance (also one of my personal faves) of hers. EVER.

She started the RIT with Vogue  - I think the opening number for this tour will be another one of her most famous songs that everyone in the whole arena will instantly know and will be an invitation to party type song. Still could be a lot lol - am thinking Into The Groove, Holiday, Music, Vogue, Hung Up

5 hours ago, SecretProject said:

I don’t see Impressive Instant opening the show. Or Candy Perfume Girl on the set list. Maybe she was just practicing. 

Agreed and agreed. I took Candy Perfume Girl as an electric guitar jam to get warmed up and nothing definitive for the tour. It's certainly not a hit. 

I also don't think Burning Up will make the final cut. She likes it obviously but, like Human Nature & Candy Shop, she needs to let it go this time around.

Everybody (Stuart Price Remix) would be an awesome opener. 

1 hour ago, MDNA22 said:

She started the RIT with Vogue  - I think the opening number for this tour will be another one of her most famous songs that everyone in the whole arena will instantly know and will be an invitation to party type song. Still could be a lot lol - am thinking Into The Groove, Holiday, Music, Vogue, Hung Up

Maybe even express yourself!express yourself madonna GIF

3 hours ago, Diieeego said:

Maybe even express yourself!

I don't think she'll open with that because everyone will compare it to the Blonde Ambition opener and if it's not as iconic or magical as that was, then everyone will compare it to the original and say Madonna doesn't have it anymore.

She's going to probably open with a song she's never opened with before that is a mega hit.

As far as the people suggesting Nothing Really Matters, Impressive Instant, Sorry, or non-single tracks as the opener to a Greatest Hits tour, what are you guys smoking?