American Life: Mixshow Mix RSD 23

roberMDNA

His mix of Nobody Knows Me was labeled Part 1. Was Part 2 ever leaked or heard out in one of his sets?

It's still such a weird mix to me. Loved it at the time. But it sounds fanmade and basic compared to his other masterpieces.

What he did to Nothing Fails and Mother & Father with the classic house/ballroom/ vogue elements was such a crazy good surprise at the time. Those 2 still hold up best from the AL era. 

I really would have loved for her to do original music with him anytime from '98 to '05.

3 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

His mix of Nobody Knows Me was labeled Part 1. Was Part 2 ever leaked or heard out in one of his sets?

It's still such a weird mix to me. Loved it at the time. But it sounds fanmade and basic compared to his other masterpieces.

Peter made the Nobody Knows Me remix as a private remix for his live sets. It was never originally intended to be released. He didn't have the stems/multitracks which is why it sounds a little bootleg-y. Only after playing it a few times did he send it to the record label who then liked it enough to officially promo it to DJs.

I don't think there could possibly be anything more "meta" of Madonna than her announcing the first physical release in her 40TH Anniversary year to be...not her 1983 debut's deluxe edition for it's 40th, nor Ray of Light's deluxe edition for next month's 25th...
but an American Life remix album, in the very same week that Rolling Stone names it one of their most "Genuinely Horrible Albums" list.  

This exemplifies everything Madonna has stood for as a 'subversive artist' rather than a pop star. 

God love her. Buttons pushed, indeed.  :-) 

1 hour ago, djnathanashby said:

Peter made the Nobody Knows Me remix as a private remix for his live sets. It was never originally intended to be released. He didn't have the stems/multitracks which is why it sounds a little bootleg-y. Only after playing it a few times did he send it to the record label who then liked it enough to officially promo it to DJs.

That's what I figured. I'm surprised they didn't send him the stems after that. But I guess M liked it as is. It was also the time when she got into bootlegs/mashups, so makes sense.

4 hours ago, Bfree said:

I don't think there could possibly be anything more "meta" of Madonna than her announcing the first physical release in her 40TH Anniversary year to be...not her 1983 debut's deluxe edition for it's 40th, nor Ray of Light's deluxe edition for next month's 25th...
but an American Life remix album, in the very same week that Rolling Stone names it one of their most "Genuinely Horrible Albums" list.  

This exemplifies everything Madonna has stood for as a 'subversive artist' rather than a pop star. 

Her 40th was last year :) this is one of the 'special' releases - we get one every RSD, last year it was WTG Super Club Mix 

9 hours ago, JustinTimes said:

Whilst I'm very happy with the remixes, I really hope it gets released to streaming and/or digitally. I have no interest in vinyl at all.

It's a RSD release, so it will be limited to Vinyl.  It's a shame that some fans dismiss the Vinyl release when you actually get a PHYSICAL copy.  Someone will upload the songs for you, but there's nothing greater than owning a physical copy of a rare album from your favorite artist. No digital or streaming copy will bring you as much as joy as owning a physical copy.  By owning a physical copy, you won't have to rely on the internet to play your favorite music.

10 hours ago, Bfree said:

I am pretty sure it is because this is all that is being done for that album. The others you mentioned will more substantial special releases.

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

I am pretty sure it is because this is all that is being done for that album. The others you mentioned will more substantial special releases.

They better do a singles campaign for American Life when it’s time comes! This is a nice release but the full lengths & singles should go on streaming when the time is right like Erotica.