American Life: Mixshow Mix RSD 23

roberMDNA

2 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

I don't think we can count it as homemade if it's on an official release.

Most of these edits were not produced by the remixers for the original singles, so I consider them home-made for this release. Pretty much like some of the edits they did on FEL.

On 2/19/2023 at 5:34 AM, Drownedboy said:

I love American Life with all my heart, and this is nice, however and I would prefer a expanded reedition of the original cd with those beautiful demos that she did but never oficially released, the videoclips in hq, inside info, remembering the legacy of this cd, and a dvd of the reinvention tour. That would be for me really a nice way of paying tribute to that amazing era of hers, which I enjoyed at its moment with all my soul and my body. I always loved much more American Life than COADF, which I liked too.

Other than acknowledging the album's 20th Anniversary, this specific release is to honor Peter Rauhofer.   While I think, expecting demos that never got finished and/or released is a fan's pipe dream, I feel the "mix show" is another limited release, unlike what the Album re-issues are supposed to be.  I'm sure an expanded album version is in the works down the line being the Warner deal is a multi year project.

I’m just praying we’ll get a real decent anniversary release of AL & ROL!!! I feel we won’t but let’s hope for something BIG!!! Like the other day I came across Linkin Park’s IG account & I saw this beautiful Meteora 20th anniversary box set! 
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CofoIGFvKXQ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Also this was for the debut album in 2020! 

Why we can’t get something similar with Madonna??? 😒😞

1 hour ago, Ayham said:

I’m just praying we’ll get a real decent anniversary release of AL & ROL!!! I feel we won’t but let’s hope for something BIG!!! Like the other day I came across Linkin Park’s IG account & I saw this beautiful Meteora 20th anniversary box set! 
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CofoIGFvKXQ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Also this was for the debut album in 2020! 

Why we can’t get something similar with Madonna??? 😒😞

LOL it won´t happen, and you know it.

On 2/20/2023 at 9:45 AM, luckystar908 said:

Most of these edits were not produced by the remixers for the original singles, so I consider them home-made for this release. Pretty much like some of the edits they did on FEL.

So by that logic many single edits, tour versions, most of immaculate collection etc are fanmade…

54 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

So by that logic many single edits, tour versions, most of immaculate collection etc are fanmade…

I didn't say "fanmade" but "home made", i.e done internally by someone other than the producer of the mix for a specific release. Tour versions are obviously a different case, and IC is completely remixed, not edited down from the original versions so that does not count. "Celebration" has home made edits, and this RSD release will do too. Nothing wrong with that though, it's just a matter of preference.

Nice track list! available only Vinyl or Digital too?

Madonna – American Life Mixshow Mix
01 - American Life (Peter Rauhofer's American Anthem New Edit)*
02 - Hollywood (Deepsky's Home Sweet Home Vocal Edit)
03 - Love Profusion (Ralphi Rosario House Vocal Mix)
04 - Nobody Knows Me (Peter Rauhofer's Private Life Edit)*
05 - Nothing Fails (Peter Rauhofer's Classic House New Edit)*
06 - Mother And Father (Peter Rauhofer's Re-Invention Edit)*
07 - Die Another Day (Thunderpuss Club Edit)*
08 - Easy Ride (Tracy Young's Easy Edit)*
*Previously Unreleased

Bad news for Spain regarding this release. The official RSD Spain IG account confirmed via comments today that Warner Spain has NOT included Madonna this year for Record Store Day in Spain:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpSZx7TDExI/

Weird, weird move. Except for "La Isla Bonita" and "True Blue" (plenty of copies of those available after RSD), all the other RSD releases have always been sell outs in Spain. I don't get it.

7 hours ago, Prayer said:

Bad news for Spain regarding this release. The official RSD Spain IG account confirmed via comments today that Warner Spain has NOT included Madonna this year for Record Store Day in Spain:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpSZx7TDExI/

Weird, weird move. Except for "La Isla Bonita" and "True Blue" (plenty of copies of those available after RSD), all the other RSD releases have always been sell outs in Spain. I don't get it.

That's unfortunate, but will it be that hard for fans from Spain to obtain a copy since we know there will be plenty available online after the initial release? 

On 2/17/2023 at 7:54 AM, Pootz333 said:

His mix of Nobody Knows Me was labeled Part 1. Was Part 2 ever leaked or heard out in one of his sets?

It's still such a weird mix to me. Loved it at the time. But it sounds fanmade and basic compared to his other masterpieces.

It was originally a bootleg mix just done for live sets, without stems. Just some beats over the album version with a highpass filter. But it worked so well Warners picked it up for the official release. (Possibly replacing the L.E.X. remix)

Part 2 was supposed to be a proper remix from acapella, but it seems he never got around to actually making the part 2.

On 2/20/2023 at 9:16 AM, EgoRod said:

He did a remix that was shelved for AL

Benassi? Never even heard of this

14 hours ago, bertrand said:

It was originally a bootleg mix just done for live sets, without stems. Just some beats over the album version with a highpass filter. But it worked so well Warners picked it up for the official release. (Possibly replacing the L.E.X. remix)

Part 2 was supposed to be a proper remix from acapella, but it seems he never got around to actually making the part 2.

Benassi? Never even heard of this

I only found a reference here:

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2011/11/07/madonna-going-wild-with-benassi-exclusive/

but I remember at the time reading in an interview (DJ Mag or something like that) where he mentioned about a remix. I think something similar to what he did with Goldfrapp's Strict Machine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 2:05 PM, f78k said:

Let them, I won't buy it at the prices they sell.  Luckily, we know there will be enough Vinyl copies available for hardcore fans through other online stores at a much reasonable price. 

On 3/3/2023 at 8:51 AM, subversive said:

Yeah I know, but only i prefer buy it on foot, not online. Some kindness soul to buy a copy for moi :kiss2:

I don't understand, why can't you just order it online through eBay or another source like people have mentioned (UK eBay or France whatever) I mean would you not be paying the same amount as you would having someone buy it for you & then ship it to you? I really guess I don't understand some people sometime, so just asking?!?!?

Sometimes we ALL have to make exceptions from what we "prefer" to do, life doesn't work that way unfortunately. I am sure someone here could buy you a copy & send it to you but again wouldn't that be JUST THE SAME as you ordering it yourself on the Internet somewhere & having it shipped to you? Just curious? Good luck either way with your endeavor!!!