American Life: Mixshow Mix RSD 23

roberMDNA

5 hours ago, Ayham said:

It’s called art & creativity… 

meryl streep eye roll GIF

I don’t owe you a justification of my taste but I will give you one anyway:

Reception of art is purely subjective. I personally did not like it and thought it was rather silly. Someone else may think it’s gorgeous and amazing and that is fine too.

7 hours ago, MPowered said:

I always hated the AL booklet with the letters composed of chopped up images. The back cover is gorgeous though. Are these edits all new edits or are they actually unreleased?

A couple of the edits are previousley released, and the rest are new. :)

6 hours ago, Ayham said:

It’s called art & creativity… 

meryl streep eye roll GIF

Darling puh-leeze!
Considering the enormous amounts of mud some people throws everytime Aldo is mentioned...  And I think his art is wonderful. It's a matter of taste.

@MPoweredI don't know how old you are and how much you remember of the world in the years after 9/11, but it wasn't very happy... The world was a scary place and there was war...
I think that's why the cover for American Lie is quite harsh. It's not ment to be happy or pretty.

2 hours ago, Celebration said:

A couple of the edits are previousley released, and the rest are new. :)

Darling puh-leeze!
Considering the enormous amounts of mud some people throws everytime Aldo is mentioned...  And I think his art is wonderful. It's a matter of taste.

@MPoweredI don't know how old you are and how much you remember of the world in the years after 9/11, but it wasn't very happy... The world was a scary place and there was war...
I think that's why the cover for American Lie is quite harsh. It's not ment to be happy or pretty.

Oh I like the overall art direction. I just don’t like that the booklet consisted of blank letters and silly sliced up images in the shape of the remaining letters. 🙈

I wouldn’t have minded if there were collages of cut up images edited the way they were but without the "letter" shape. I am old enough to remember 9/11 and the US-Iraq war but that doesn’t make the booklet any less shitty imo.

2 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Oh I like the overall art direction. I just don’t like that the booklet consisted of blank letters and silly sliced up images in the shape of the remaining letters. 🙈

I wouldn’t have minded if there were collages of cut up images edited the way they were but without the "letter" shape. I am old enough to remember 9/11 and the US-Iraq war but that doesn’t make the booklet any less shitty imo.

It looks cool but not for a front cover 

4 hours ago, MPowered said:

I don’t owe you a justification of my taste but I will give you one anyway:

Reception of art is purely subjective. I personally did not like it and thought it was rather silly. Someone else may think it’s gorgeous and amazing and that is fine too.

It’s a joke for gods sake…