American Life: Mixshow Mix RSD 23

roberMDNA

6 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Has anyone played it yet? I'm hearing it's a continuous mix - at least between M+F and DAD 

I saw your comment and played bits and pices.

It's in a continous mix, but not like YCD or COADF.

The mixes could be played seperately if you so wish, but if you just let the record play, it doesn't miss a beat...  :)

The vinyl is thick and dead silent. I'm very pleased with my copy. :)

13 hours ago, tscott said:

Love the fact that "a portion of sales proceeds will be donated to brain cancer research".   Just another reason to buy this.  I hope this doesn't ever go on digital or streaming.  This deserves to be an exclusive for those fans who still physically enjoy owning her music.  :bananawave:

I love it too. Such a touching and welcome gesture. Cancer research needs every penny it can get, cause I can tell you from personal experience; Cancer is NO fun.

2 hours ago, MiB said:

Mine was 39.95 so i guess thats the price for Europe

I got mine from Bengans in Sweden for only €28.90. :)

I arrived late at the store and had to wait in line for over an hour before it was my turn. I got the last Madonna (€ 39,99) and the last Belinda Carlisle (2LP € 44,99) - they look great! I've been buying vinyls again for about 2 months, but still haven't decided if I'd rather collect sealed records or play them as well.

20 minutes ago, Sven said:

The best RSD release in my opinion. Great remixes - and nice to have a few new edits. The cover and inner sleeves are of high quality, so is the record. Great release !!!

I would think this should give us a good idea how the re-issues will be treated.  This is exciting. Thanks to all who have gotten a copy already and given their opinions on it.  It seems to be an overwhelming satisfactory release so far.  :party:

American Life is my most favourite Madonna album, so I just ordered it from my local store, it was only 28EUR there, but still not sure how to play this since I dont own any vinyl player. Sorry, but so stupid not release it digitally as well in 2023.

https://shop.rukahore.sk/madonna/vinyl-american-life-mixshow-mix-2?utm_source=dgt&a_aid=57e54bb8c8616&a_bid=067a06b0&data1=1261221x97175074

9 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Y'all people are so lucky,we don't have this kind of thing in 3rd world countries,and maybe i could get it online after being resold if it was on CD

Check some online stores, starting tomorrow.  Amazon should have it available in the next week or two as well. 

8 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

American Life is my most favourite Madonna album, so I just ordered it from my local store, it was only 28EUR there, but still not sure how to play this since I dont own any vinyl player. Sorry, but so stupid not release it digitally as well in 2023.

https://shop.rukahore.sk/madonna/vinyl-american-life-mixshow-mix-2?utm_source=dgt&a_aid=57e54bb8c8616&a_bid=067a06b0&data1=1261221x97175074

Spring for a record player.  It'll be worth it.  There are so many options out there, but let me forewarn you, if you spend under $150 or $200 for one, it won't be a very good player.  When I got back into Vinyl, I bought this all in one unit for about $150, which plays CDs, Vinyls, Tapes, Mp3s, Bluetooth and while everything works fine and it's nice to have all in one, but the record player is crap. 

Just now, tscott said:

Check some online stores, starting tomorrow.  Amazon should have it available in the next week or two as well. 

Spring for a record player.  It'll be worth it.  There are so many options out there, but let me forewarn you, if you spend under $150 or $200 for one, it won't be a very good player.  When I got back into Vinyl, I bought this all in one unit which plays CDs, Vinyls, Tapes, Mp3s, bluetooth and while everything works fine and it's nice to have all in one, but the record player is crap. 

Thx, I dont mind spending 200+ $ for vinyl player, but ... I kind of dont want to ... because for what? I am not vinyl collector (just CD and BluRay collector), so spending money to play one vinyl seems really dumb to me. And I cannot even listen to this release on my phone when walking to work, I would really prefer some digital option as well. 

4 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Can someone who played it confirm that it is continuous mix like you can dance on all sides. And that it is remastered.

It is not exactly.  Side B tracks 1-3 play without any silence between them however they are still separate songs and the beats are not blended together.  One ends and the next immediately begins.  The rest of the songs have silence between the tracks.

2 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

Thx, I dont mind spending 200+ $ for vinyl player, but ... I kind of dont want to ... because for what? I am not vinyl collector (just CD and BluRay collector), so spending money to play one vinyl seems really dumb to me. And I cannot even listen to this release on my phone when walking to work, I would really prefer some digital option as well. 

Totally understand.  But then again, you could start collecting Vinyl.  :) But I get what you are saying.  I have no doubt someone will rip this in the coming hours or days.