American Life: Mixshow Mix RSD 23

roberMDNA

44 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

EXCUSE ME ??? I'm sending a screengrab of your comment to Madame X, it's gonna break her heart.

HAHAHAHA This made me laugh my ass off! 
My actual ranking of her albums is:

1. Madame X

2. Erotica

3. American Life

But those 3 are all such high quality I think of them all as her best:drama:

28 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

trinity-the-tuck-taylor.gif

It seems like there's a mis-print according to a fan.

She was asked to check her copy by the store owner 'cos he said his store had received a lot of complaints on such mis-print.

Instead of AL remixes, a blue rock album was on the record.

Don't shoot the messenger please! :seeno:

Source?

2 hours ago, tscott said:

Totally understand.  But then again, you could start collecting Vinyl.  :) But I get what you are saying.  I have no doubt someone will rip this in the coming hours or days. 

Yeah, that's an option :) but I guess I am too late to the party to start buying all the vinyls. 

I bought American Life Mixshow just to support this release since I love AL album too much, but I guess I rather save money for all deluxe reissues that are potentially coming than buying vinyls (that I have nowhere to play anyway) at this moment. 

49 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

Yeah, that's an option :) but I guess I am too late to the party to start buying all the vinyls. 

I bought American Life Mixshow just to support this release since I love AL album too much, but I guess I rather save money for all deluxe reissues that are potentially coming than buying vinyls (that I have nowhere to play anyway) at this moment. 

Oh, it's never too late to start collecting Vinyl.  But I do get you.  With the Deluxe re-issues about to roll out, I'm sure it will get quite expensive, but even with them, they will have Vinyl formats as well.  That's what I'm wanting the most.  And I still buy her CDs, but I never play them. FEL (CD) is still sitting un-opened.  I've got her whole catalog digitally, so I play that mostly and my Vinyls.  I like the convenience of streaming, but I do that mostly for other artists I like, who I don't collect. 

2 hours ago, PlayPause said:

IMG_0447.thumb.jpg.a20606e20ac2ae48cb6d24b404d69ab1.jpg

When the girl's in charge, all goes well. Hopefully the next re-issues will be as good.

according to the credits Johann Delebarre the creative director (he did FEL too) so it seems he's probably in charge of the "epansive deluxe editions" (i quote the official statement*) of the albums too.

* As a reminder, let's published the statement again.

NEW YORK, Aug. 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Madonna and Warner Music Group today announced a milestone, career-spanning global partnership that includes a new agreement for her entire recorded music catalog. With global sales of over 300 million records, Madonna is the best-selling female artist of all time, with countless accolades that include seven Grammy Awards, 24 ASCAP Pop Music Awards, and numerous international trophies, including BRIT, Bravo Otto, Danish Music, Edison, GAFFA, International Dance Music, Ivor Novello, Juno, MTV, and World Music Awards, among many others across the globe. She was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2008.

This partnership marks the revitalization of a decades-long relationship with Warner that began with the release of Madonna's debut single in 1982. The deal encompasses her entire Sire/Maverick/Warner catalog, including global smash albums such as Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer, and Ray of Light. It also includes her three most recent studio albums, MDNA, Rebel Heart, and Madame X, which will join the Warner catalog beginning in 2025. All in all, the new pact includes 17 studio albums plus singles, soundtrack recordings, live albums, and compilations. 

Warner Chappell Music also globally administers all of Madonna's songwriting work. This features such top-charting hits as "Like A Prayer," "Vogue," "Into the Groove," "La Isla Bonita," "Live to Tell," "True Blue," "Open Your Heart," "Who's That Girl," "Express Yourself," "Lucky Star," "Take A Bow," and many more. 

2022 will mark the  40th anniversary of Madonna's recording debut. This new deal heralds the launch next year of an extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases that will revisit the groundbreaking music that made her an international icon. For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more. The series of releases will be overseen by Warner Music's catalog team, led by Kevin Gore, President of Global Catalog, Recorded Music, with the first release to be announced soon. 

This monumental deal was executed by Madonna's longtime manager Guy Oseary at Maverick, Allen Grubman of Grubman Shire Meiselas & Sachs P.C., her business manager Richard Feldstein of NKSFB, and Max Lousada, CEO, Recorded Music, Warner Music Group.

Madonna said: "Since the very beginning, Warner Music Group has helped bring my music and vision to all my fans around the world with the utmost care and consideration. They have been amazing partners, and I am delighted to be embarking on this next chapter with them to celebrate my catalogue from the last 40 years."

Guy Oseary said: "Over the past 30 years, I've been fortunate enough to meet and spend time with many of Madonna's incredible fans, and this new partnership will bring to fruition what so many of them have been patiently waiting for: a celebration of her groundbreaking catalogue. My partner Sara Zambreno and I are working closely with Warner Music Group to bring new life to these iconic works."

Max Lousada added: "We're honored to be forming a dynamic new partnership with an incomparable superstar whose influence on our musical and artistic landscape is immense and immutable. Madonna has changed the course of pop and dance music, while taking live performance to new heights of drama and invention. At the same time, she uses her fame to amplify some of the most important social issues and movements of our time. Constantly and fearlessly challenging convention, her four decades of music are not only an extraordinary body of work, but a playbook for creative and cultural evolution."

Got mine in Toronto for 35$. The record store only received 2. The Taylor Swift record was 67$ so I passed on that. Did find new copies of Tina Turner’s Simply The Best Greatest Hits and Britney Spears’ My Prerogative Greatest Hits Vinyls so that was a bonus. 

this record sounds fantastic! Wish we would get all the Vinyl Maxis for AL re released. Just 🙌🏻👏🏻

38 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

2022 will mark the  40th anniversary of Madonna's recording debut. This new deal heralds the launch next year of an extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases that will revisit the groundbreaking music that made her an international icon. For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events,

I refuse to believe they would use the phrase “EXPANSIVE deluxe editions” if they didn’t mean outtakes/demos. 
If we wanna really put together what Deluxe Editions mean to her using her 3 most recent albums… Madame X (Deluxe) brought 2-5 new songs. Rebel Heart (Deluxe) brought idk what 10 new songs. MDNA (Deluxe) brought 4 new songs. Celebration (Deluxe) brought 1-2 songs. 
Anytime she’s used the word Deluxe in her albums they include new songs! 

At no point in her career have they issued a universal (not iTunes exclusive deluxe or some crap) Deluxe Edition of an album without “additional” songs attached. And to combine that with the word EXPANSIVE…. Like cmon it’d be absolutely UNHEARD OF if there were zero outtakes or demos. Also she is not in the studio rehashing old tracks like Frozen, Hung Up etc or else we would’ve seen it. 

8 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I refuse to believe they would use the phrase “EXPANSIVE deluxe editions” if they didn’t mean outtakes/demos. 
If we wanna really put together what Deluxe Editions mean to her using her 3 most recent albums… Madame X (Deluxe) brought 2-5 new songs. Rebel Heart (Deluxe) brought idk what 10 new songs. MDNA (Deluxe) brought 4 new songs. Celebration (Deluxe) brought 1-2 songs. 
Anytime she’s used the word Deluxe in her albums they include new songs! 

At no point in her career have they issued a universal (not iTunes exclusive deluxe or some crap) Deluxe Edition of an album without “additional” songs attached. And to combine that with the word EXPANSIVE…. Like cmon it’d be absolutely UNHEARD OF if there were zero outtakes or demos. Also she is not in the studio rehashing old tracks like Frozen, Hung Up etc or else we would’ve seen it. 

maybe that was a typo and they meant expensive ^^