American Life: Mixshow Mix RSD 23

roberMDNA

12 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

There is one RSD exception -- the Black Friday Ray Of Light on clear vinyl sells for much higher prices - seems a lot of people missed it 

I remember many fans commented it's pointless release.

I guess only when it went out of print and price surge massively, fans will then care for it. 

4 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

I remember many fans commented it's pointless release.

I guess only when it went out of print and price surge massively, fans will then care for it. 

Some may be saying that because other than the colored Vinyl, there is nothing new to it.  But these type of releases are aimed for collectors and hardcore fans.  The value does increase when it becomes rare and/or in demand. 

28 minutes ago, tscott said:

Some may be saying that because other than the colored Vinyl, there is nothing new to it.  But these type of releases are aimed for collectors and hardcore fans.  The value does increase when it becomes rare and/or in demand. 

The current resell price for the blue & clear ROL LP have exceeded USD $100.

PS: I have 2 x blue LP

49 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Looks beautiful!!! 

It sure is. :)

I'm beginning to understand how huge Record Store Day really is! This is the second 40+ minutes video of unboxing for RSD, and he's got another huge delivery next week!

I just hope I'll survive this one too. Some people are crazy in their blind pursuit of THE release they want. 

Just now, Jackie said:

I can't wait! There's a few RSD's I want to get - AL being the one I am so excited for! 

I need to find a record store in Sydney that is participating though - usually just order online.

Same here. I want Al and both the CD and LP with Eric Carr. I think I can kiss the ultra limited CD goodbye, but I hope I'll get the vinyl. :)

34 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I can't wait! There's a few RSD's I want to get - AL being the one I am so excited for! 

I need to find a record store in Sydney that is participating though - usually just order online.

Wait a minute! Is there a shortage of participating record stores in SYDNEY? With a population of 5.2 million I thought you had plety.

Gothenburg's population is about 590.000, and we have at least four record stores that participate in RSD.

Oh man, if I ever thought about moving to Australia, I abandoned that thought now.  I cannot live in a vinyl desert like that.
(Plus I've heard that kangaroos, that we on the other side of the planet think are so cute and exotic, are moody big buggers that punches people who gets too near them, and knocks them out!
Nah, I'll stay in Sweden. A cranky moose isn't fun to go near, but at least I know how to handle them...) :)

P.S. My rant about the dangers of Australia is very tounge-in-cheek and not to be taken seriousley.

Edited by Celebration
Added some clarification for people with no humor (see edit history)

48 minutes ago, Ayham said:

The fact that we’re getting a real anniversary relate release for the first time… I’m getting emotional. 🥹

Oprah Winfrey Reaction GIF

44 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Doesn't Who's That Girl 35 count? :)

40 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Nope! 😅

But it was specifically released for the 35th Anniversary of the soundtrack and film?  How is this not related or a real anniversary release?  It has been specifically officially stated as a "35th Anniversary" release.

Also, you seem to conveniently dismiss Erotica and Everybody which both were released due to their respected anniversaries.  Again, these were officially announced as "ANNIVERSARY" releases.  You may not have any interest in these releases, but it doesn't negate the fact they aren't real, when they were released in relation to their anniversaries.