Today in Madonna History

groovyguy

Week of April 9, 1994:

BILLBOARD HOT 100:
#20 “I’ll remember” (2 weeks)

BILLBOARD COMPREHENSIVE CHARTS:
HOT 100 SINGLES SALES: “I’ll remember” #39 (DEBUT)
HOT 100 AIRPLAY: “I’ll remember” #16 (2 weeks)
ADULT CONTEMPORARY: “I’ll remember” #28 (2 weeks)

UNITED KINGDOM
UK SINGLES: “I’ll remember” #7 (2 weeks)
THE OFFICIAL UK TOP 100 ALBUMS: “Like a prayer” #58 (FINAL WEEK/67 weeks)
THE OFFICIAL UK TOP 100 ALBUMS: “True blue” #65 (Re-entry & FINAL WEEK/82 weeks)

UNITED WORLD CHART:
#10 “I’ll remember” (2 weeks at Top 10)

35 years ago tonight, Madonna performed her first show of her 1985 Virgin Tour in Seattle, Washington at the Paramount Theatre. 35 years later, Madonna is the #1 solo touting artist of all time. Here's some b-roll footage of Dress You Up followed by a local news report #Madonna #VirginTour35 (matt)

April 10, 1985: "Madonna's First Major U.S. Tour "Virgin Tour" kicked off at Seattle's Paramount Theatre with the Beastie Boys as her opening act. 

Madonna's "Virgin Tour" 1985 kicked off at Seattle's Paramount Theatre with the Beastie Boys as her opening act. The KIRO 7 web team dug deep into the treasure trove of archived tape to find a snippet of Madonna's performance from 1985 -- a clip that hasn't been broadcast since the night of April 10, 1985. It shows nearly a minute of "Dress You Up", which was the first song she performed that night.

Week of April 12, 1997:
04/08/1997: “Evita, The Complete Motion Picture Soundtrack” is certified 2xPlatinum

BILLBOARD HOT 100:
#41 “Don’t cry for me Argentina” (8 weeks)

BILLBOARD 200:
#34 “Evita, The Complete Motion Picture Soundtrack” (20 weeks)

BILLBOARD COMPREHENSIVE CHARTS:
HOT 100 SINGLE SALES: “You must love me” #68 (Re-entry/20 weeks)
HOT 100 SINGLE SALES: “Don’t cry for me Argentina” #45 (7 weeks)
HOT 100 AIRPLAY: “Don’t cry for me Argentina” #45 (16 weeks)
HOT DANCE MUSIC/MAXI SINGLES SALES: “Don’t cry for me Argentina” #9 (8 weeks)
TOP 40 MAINSTREAM: “Don’t cry for me Argentina” #39 (14 weeks)
ADULT TOP 40: “Don’t cry for me Argentina” #39 (FINAL WEEK/12 weeks)

OFFICIAL UK SINGLES TOP 100:
#46 “Another suitcase in another hall” MADONNA (3 weeks)

OFFICIAL UK ALBUMS TOP 100:
#22 ”Evita, The Complete Motion Picture Soundtrack” MADONNA (23 weeks)

UNITED WORLD CHART (TRACKS)
#1 “Don’t speak” NO DOUBT
#2 “I believe I can fly” R KELLY
#3 “Un-break my heart” TONI BRAXTON
#4 “Can’t nobody hold me down” PUFF DADDY
#5 “Don’t let go (Love)” EN VOGUE
#6 “Don’t cry for me Argentina” MADONNA (10 weeks)
#7 “Step by step” WHITNEY HOUSTON
#8 “Wannabe” SPICE GIRLS
#9 “Mama” SPICE GIRLS
#10 “All by myself” CELINE DION

#madonna #madamex #evita

30 years ago tonight, Madonna opened her Blond Ambition Tour at Chiba Stadium in Japan debuting her iconic platinum blonde ponytail and for the first night in the rain, black tights and a jacket - as seen in Truth Or Dare / In Bed With Madonna - here's a quick report on the opening night #Madonna #BlondAmbition30 (matt)

“One More Chance" entered the UK Singles Chart at number 11 on March 23, 1996. It dropped to number 29 in its second week and stayed on the top 100 for four weeks. According to the Official Charts Company, the single had sold 56,851 copies in the United Kingdom as of August 2008. In Australia, the song debuted at number 43 on the ARIA Singles Chart on March 24, 1996. It peaked at number 35 on the chart and stayed within the top 50 for five weeks. In Italy, "One More Chance" debuted at number ten on the FIMI Singles Chart on April 6, 1996. The next week, the single reached a peak of number two on the chart, staying there for one week before descending down the chart. "One More Chance" was the 77th best-selling single of the year in Italy. In Finland, "One More Chance" entered the singles chart at number 14 in the 13th week of 1996. It appeared on the chart for four weeks with peak position at number 12. In Sweden, the song debuted and peaked at number 39 on March 29, 1996, staying on the chart for three weeks. Due to its weak performance in European countries, "One More Chance" only managed to peak at number 50 on the European Hot 100 Singles chart on April 13, 1996.

#Flashback... April 13, 1995

?+?▶️ https://youtu.be/CSaFgAwnRSc
"Bedtime Story" was released as a single in North America by Maverick Records / Sire Records as the 3rd single from the album "Bedtime Stories". The song was written by Björk, Nellee Hooper & Marius DeVries and was produced by Madonna & Nellee Hooper.
The commercial maxi-single featured remixes by Junior Vasquez and Orbital. Additional promo-only remixes by Mark Picchiotti & Teri Bristol were also later serviced to clubs !

On April 17 1986, Madonna and Sean Penn attended the Los Angeles premiere of his film At Close Range at the Bruin Theater. Sporting a new cropped, platinum blonde hairstyle, Madonna and her notoriously media-shy husband paused to speak with various media outlets as they made their way down the red carpet.

Images & More Here: http://bit.ly/2oNNIi8