1. 1. Where does Vogue truly belong on?

• I'm Breathless
    • Immaculate Collection
    • Like a Prayer
    • Erotica
    • Standalone single
    • Keep It Together's B-Side (lol)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/19/2023 at 06:02 PM

I've seen a lot of fans say they think Vogue was tacked onto the end of I'm Breathless for sales purposes only and doesn't belong there so I was wondering what the consensus was on where it best fits

Personally I think my answer would be the Immaculate Collection 

Edited by Openyourheart (see edit history)

Vogue perfectly fits on I’m Breathless. Now I’m Following You (Part II), with its more modern and electronic sounds, allows for an easy transition. Besides, Vogue (the song and music video) has that strong Golden Age of Hollywood vibe (thirties, forties, fifties, sixties) that fits the timeline of Dick Tracy. And as conclusion of the album, it’s a delicious treat. It also boosted sales a lot.

Some songs are sonically different than other tracks on an album but still fit somehow.

48 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

Vogue perfectly fits on I’m Breathless. Now I’m Following You (Part II), with its more modern and electronic sounds, allows for an easy transition. Besides, Vogue (the song and music video) has that strong Golden Age of Hollywood vibe (thirties, forties, fifties, sixties) that fits the timeline of Dick Tracy. And as conclusion of the album, it’s a delicious treat. It also boosted sales a lot.

Some songs are sonically different than other tracks on an album but still fit somehow.

Gotta agree with this.  While the song really didn't have anything to do with Dick Tracy, it really felt like the right time and place to release it. Like mentioned, it pays tribute the "Golden Age" era of Hollywood which fit in the era of the Dick Tracy film.  Though, I am not sure the success of the song would have changed much if Dick Tracy and the I'm Breathless Soundtrack wasn't released.  Then again, timing is always a key to things like this, so maybe if it was released any earlier or later, it may have not had the same impact.  But then she was touring as well, so as a stand alone single, the tour would have played part in the impact.

I also always really appreciated Vogue as the closer of IB, even so after playing the single on repeat I was kind of puzzled when the album was released, but everytime NIFY stops and the intro synths kick in I feel magic. I'm not a fan of the TIC version, the acapella line as an intro is kind of a buzz kill for me, I had the same with RIT, it takes away the feeling you get when those strings kisck in and you know it's vogue, a little bit like how the bassline of Bjork's hyper-ballad gets every crowd roaring once it sets in. Also if Vogue belongs on TIC and is not at least a stand alone single, do we accept it not being pasrt of the BA setlist???

The objective answer to the question is Vogue belongs to I'm Breathless,  being so close to Immaculate's release it feels like a single for both. 

Vogue is just a b side for the last  LAP single that was added to  IB  to have a commercial single in a less commercial album.

Personnaly I don't have any problem with Q Sound, but I think it's a fact  that drums in Immaculate's Vogue are very damaged. And drums are an essential thing in Vogue.