P!nk supports Madonna over 'misogyny' claim

Starchild

Pink thinks Madonna was right to complain about "ageism and misogyny".

The 64-year-old pop icon was subjected to criticism and ridicule over her seemingly-altered appearance at the Grammy Awards, and Pink thinks she was perfectly entitled to voice her frustrations.

The 43-year-old singer told the Sunday Mirror newspaper's No Filter showbiz column: "It’s unfair, it’s always unfair, and it’s ageism. The attitude is no longer that person has been amazing for so long, it’s all about bashing them and I hate it.

"Let’s just give the people the respect they deserve and have earned, and be a bit nicer. Can we all be a bit nicer? I want to be nicer, to myself and others.

"When a person walks out, the first thing I think is not: ‘Holy s*** did you see their face?’ I don’t think like that. I think: ‘Holy s***, that person has been amazing for so long."

Pink made the comments after Madonna claimed that she's being "punished" for her "strong-willed" ways.

Sharing a selection of pictures from the Grammys, Madonna recently wrote on Instagram: "It was an honor for me to Introduce Kim Petras and Sam Smith at the Grammys.

"I had wanted to give the last award which was Album of the year, but I thought it was more important that I present the first trans-woman performing at the Grammys- a History making moment!! And on top of that she won a Grammy!! [heart emoji]

"Instead of focusing on what I said in my speech which was about giving thanks for the fearlessness of artists like Sam and Kim- Many people chose to only talk about Close-up photos of me Taken with a long lens camera By a press photographer that Would distort anyone's face!!

"Once again I am caught in the glare of ageism and misogyny That permeates the world we live in.

"A world that refuses to celebrate women pass the age of 45 And feels the need to punish her If she continues to be strong willed, hard-working and adventurous. (sic)"

From: https://www.msn.com/en-ie/entertainment/celebrity/pink-supports-madonna-over-misogyny-claim/ar-AA17ERdP

NYPICHPDPICT000007113444.jpg

• Starchild changed the title to P!nk supports Madonna over 'misogyny' claim
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donna

I don't get how some keep gaslighting this idea that Madonna is playing a victim.  She isn't!  She will never!  She is only speaking up for herself and women.  She's leading by example and refusing to back down.  The audacity that someone would say that she should expect such criticisms because she says and does controversial things or if she changes her look or have face surgery.  That's just enabling and giving people a license to bully, intimidate and insult others.  I applaud P!nk for h

dankpepe

I agree with this. Madonna has done appearances at award shows where she looked normal but a little older such as at the Billboard Women In Music 2016 Awards. No articles cited her looking old or odd. I think even if Madonna showed up at the 2023 Grammys looking younger with amazing plastic surgery, the overall press would be praising her for looking so good at her age and turning back the hands of time. We just expect with all of the money Madonna has that she'd get good work and it shocks

Starchild

Pink thinks Madonna was right to complain about "ageism and misogyny". The 64-year-old pop icon was subjected to criticism and ridicule over her seemingly-altered appearance at the Grammy Awards, and Pink thinks she was perfectly entitled to voice her frustrations. The 43-year-old singer told the Sunday Mirror newspaper's No Filter showbiz column: "It’s unfair, it’s always unfair, and it’s ageism. The attitude is no longer that person has been amazing for so long, it’s all about bashin

Posted Images

I disagree it was about age or her being a woman, had she walked with her usual face of before and no major change on her face, noone would have said anything except maybe she looked older, period. The same happens with men, in my house at least.

Celebrities want that they always are talked highly and nicely by the audiences when they appear, but things are not like that sorry, And less if you want to do and say controversial things all the time, as Madonna has been doing recently.

What I mean is if you do a lot of face surgeries, as you have the right to do, on the other hand, people are going to notice and talk about it sooner or later, and that´s how life goes. Let´s stop that playing the victim thing that is so cringy and so un-madonna of before (except for the post Erotica era, there she played the victim A LOT too, when she had went the farest she could with the previous era, knowing it would be very very controversial..).

54 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I disagree it was about age or her being a woman, had she walked with her usual face of before and no major change on her face, noone would have said anything except maybe she looked older, period. The same happens with men, in my house at least.

Celebrities want that they always are talked highly and nicely by the audiences when they appear, but things are not like that sorry, And less if you want to do and say controversial things all the time, as Madonna has been doing recently.

What I mean is if you do a lot of face surgeries, as you have the right to do, on the other hand, people are going to notice and talk about it sooner or later, and that´s how life goes. Let´s stop that playing the victim thing that is so cringy and so un-madonna of before (except for the post Erotica era, there she played the victim A LOT too, when she had went the farest she could with the previous era, knowing it would be very very controversial..).

I agree with this. Madonna has done appearances at award shows where she looked normal but a little older such as at the Billboard Women In Music 2016 Awards. No articles cited her looking old or odd.

I think even if Madonna showed up at the 2023 Grammys looking younger with amazing plastic surgery, the overall press would be praising her for looking so good at her age and turning back the hands of time. We just expect with all of the money Madonna has that she'd get good work and it shocks people when they unnatural looking work done.

1 hour ago, Drownedboy said:

Amen to this!!! This victim trend needs to stop. Enough is enough. 

So because someone said controversial things (?)  is okay for everyone to said mean things about their appearance.

1 hour ago, dankpepe said:

I agree with this. Madonna has done appearances at award shows where she looked normal but a little older such as at the Billboard Women In Music 2016 Awards. No articles cited her looking old or odd.

I think even if Madonna showed up at the 2023 Grammys looking younger with amazing plastic surgery, the overall press would be praising her for looking so good at her age and turning back the hands of time. We just expect with all of the money Madonna has that she'd get good work and it shocks people when they unnatural looking work done.

An interesting explanation about how bad make up choices and hairstyle made her look different, rather than ' a blotched surgery"

https://thailand.postsen.com/music/104911/Eyebrows-changed-life-changed-like-Madonna-at-the-2023-Grammy-Awards.html

2 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I´m not saying it´s ok, I´m saying it is what actually happens, as we are seeing one more time. She has the right to do whatever she likes and the audiences also have the right to answer as they want. Such is life, isn´t it?

No i don't agree . I don't think that anyone is entitled to voice their opinion about anyone else appearance or looks. Whatever is your status, job or position.

There so many caveats and issues with acting that way.

I think you missed  what Pink says in the article:

"Let’s just give the people the respect they deserve and have earned, and be a bit nicer. Can we all be a bit nicer? I want to be nicer, to myself and others.'

1 hour ago, Ayham said:

Amen to this!!! This victim trend needs to stop. Enough is enough. 

You always have high opinion about this subject.

Do you think bullying is okay then? Do you accept that those that don't represent themselves as established by their society conditions or unspoken rules, deserve to be bullied, judged and aggressively commented on?

Why someone voicing up that they won't bow down to others expectations is a victim?

Why is not you with your reserved  ideas and close minded views the problematic one?

6 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

Oh, so people can´t have an opinion about things unless it is positive or unless you agree or unless you like it? It is interesting.

Don't twist it.

YOU can have whatever opinions you want. In fact you will make lots of opinions and assumptions with tons of bias and prejudices.

But YOU have the  power to do as you want with them, Voicing them and throwing them at others like dog turd is one.

Keep it to yourself and your personal brain rummage is another.

Imagine that you go around your day and you shout at everyone you meet what you just thought about them.

Ok, so in a ideal world people is super respectful toward everything and social networks do not exist LOL.

I agree we all must be super respectful toward everything and anyone including Madonna and her cosmetic procedures.

But what I´m expressing is that that last controvesial it was not cause she was a woman or 64, but because she did so many facial changes, people were amazed that she was unrecognizable to them, after having her face of always in the minds for more than 30 years. My sister, who is not a Madonna hater, could not recognised her at all and was shocked, and why shouldn´t she speak her mind about? Is she an ageist or hate other women because of that?

On the other hand, Madonna is not a poor victim, never has been, at least on what concerns to her work and her public image. She has been a super powerful woman who has done everything she has wanted and that has pushed many many buttoms, some of them better than others, to my taste. She is the one who wears grillzs to get her fans mad, for God sake. I don´t buy this poor victim thing, as much as I love her.

1 minute ago, Drownedboy said:

Ok, so in a ideal world people is super respectful toward everything and social networks do not exist LOL.

I agree we all must be super respectful toward everything and anyone including Madonna and her cosmetic procedures.

But what I´m expressing is that that last controvesial it was not cause she was a woman or 64, but because she did so many facial changes, people were amazed that she was unrecognizable to them, after having her face of always in the minds for more than 30 years. My sister, who is not a Madonna hater, could not recognised her at all and was shocked, and why shouldn´t she speak her mind about? Is she an ageist or hate other women because of that?

On the other hand, Madonna is not a poor victim, never has been, at least on what concerns to her work and her public image. She has been a super powerful woman who has done everything she has wanted and that has pushed many many buttoms, some of them better than others, to my taste. She is the one who wears grillzs to get her fans mad, for God sake. I don´t but this poor woman thing, as much as I love her.

You are derailing from the topic of discussion.

I didn't say people have to be respectful, do as you please but always be aware of the consequences.  Tried the example I gave you and voice loud what you think about every person you meet, and you'll see how you learn to moderate your own opinions, before someone beat you up. Lesson from this, because you have an anonymous or distance due to social platforms doesn't means is okay to do it.

If you see the article I shared, things like the bleached eyebrows, tight hair on her face that has fillers, made her look more rounded and unfamiliar. Eyebrows are key elements to framed your face and give a natural look to your eyes and create  a natural triangle with your mouth. That alone creates a strange dynamic.

Women had been always pressed to be beautiful and 'aged gracefully' this means that after they are mothers they need to become grandmas. Men don't deal with the same weight. Older men are being admired when they still having kids and getting younger partners.

That's why is ageist and misogynistic. Because the critics dropped on her were about messing with her face and not allowing herself to age like your nana.

About the direction of being a poor woman or not. It doesn't matter how strong or capable of enduring abuse someone is.

No one deserves being judged , bullied or criticized for their looks or appearance. It is not okay. Never.

We  don't know how the mental health of anyone is either. Because someone shows as strong or indifferent it does'nt means they are not struggling with depression or other serious issues. Assumption is a dangerous tool and acting based on your assumptions even more dangerous.

25 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

On the other hand, Madonna is not a poor victim, never has been, at least on what concerns to her work and her public image. She has been a super powerful woman who has done everything she has wanted and that has pushed many many buttoms, some of them better than others, to my taste. She is the one who wears grillzs to get her fans mad, for God sake. I don´t buy this poor victim thing, as much as I love her.

Yes but not everyone is like your sister. There are thousands of people, most of them men attacking her in ageist and sexist derogatory comments. They are not simply saying “gosh Madonna looks different.” It’s far more aggressive and nasty than that, filled with rage that shows their general contempt for her. You are living in a bubble if you think the commentary has not been ageist and sexist.

I think if you change your face a lot, expect lots of comments, specially if you are Madonna. She has had lots of money, fame and success on the other hand, but not everything is going to be nice all the time. What do you want people to say: that she looks 23? And the same is for men, let´s remember how everybody spoke about Michael Jackon surgeries and she was not a woman and she was not old. So don´t tell me fairy tales.

The first ageist person here is Madonna for me, who always goes out with young people, tries to hide her age and all that stuff. You are living in a bubble if you can´t see that.

Also  let's make clear that she never said she was a victim.

""Once again I am caught in the glare of ageism and misogyny that permeates the world we live in."

"I have never apologised for any of the creative choices I have made nor the way that I look or dress and I'm not going to start. I have been degraded by the media since the beginning of my career, but I understand that this is all a test, and I am happy to do the trailblazing so that all the women behind me can have an easier time in the years to come.""

Then the headlines say:

"Madonna says she's a victim of 'ageism and misogyny' following Grammy outing'

Then people take the victim and beef it up saying: 'She can't be a victim because she is a powerful rich a woman'

And the initial conversation got diluted and unheard. She talks about an issue that's true: Ageism and Misogyny in the world. But that's not press worthy. And they went for the unflattering photos with the victim title. Pure click-baiting.

Also Madonna has a right to defend herself and speak her mind. I don’t know why so many fans think that means she is playing the victim?

The way she reacted to something in 1992 is completely irrelevant to today. She has been more vulnerable and open to the public for many many years now. That is a strength not a weakness. She is mature woman , very different to in her 20’s or 30’s. Mature people confront things and speak their mind , they don’t hide away and pretend they don’t care. That would be inauthentic.

8 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I think if you change your face a lot, expect lots of comments, specially if you are Madonna. She has had lots of money, fame and success on the other hand, but not everything is going to be nice all the time. What do you want people to say: that she looks 23? And the same is for men, let´s remember how everybody spoke about Michael Jackon surgeries and she was not a woman and she was not old. So don´t tell me fairy tales.

The first ageist person here is Madonna for me, who always goes out with young people, tries to hide her age and all that stuff. You are living in a bubble if you can´t see that.

Michael Jackson were talking about being white and saying he didn't want to be black among other things.

I don;t want people to say anything that was my proposal. But you clearly are bouncing out what is been said.

If you are not bringing anything constructive or substantial what bother to say it all? Do you personally get rewards for judging someone else? What it feels when someone judge you or made an uncalled comment about your physic, appearance or attributes?

dating younger people has nothing to do with ageism, please look into what it means.

When did she tried to hide her age? You are validating my point about the misogyny of not 'ageing gracefully'

23 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

We want people to respect women. Attacking a woman for her appearance is not respectful to women in general.

If people attack Lizzo for her body shape would that be ok for you? Is that misogyny do you think? Or does she deserve to be ridiculed because she has the audacity to not slim down and to show off her body as she is ?

I don´t know who Lizzo is. 

I don´t think we will agree on this ever. I respect your ideas but I don´t agree and I think that you are totally wrong. I suspect you think the same about mine´s LOL. That´s life. I already expressed what I think about this. Have a nice sunday, enjoy the queen for a while if you can, and let´s see if her next public appearance is more succesful and everybody is happy. I´m sending you lot´s of love, not kidding, it´s real. 

I must say in latest pictures rehearsing I saw her more natural and like the Madonna of always. Let´s pray for a super succesful and masive tour celebrating her amazing legacy.

23 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I don´t know who Lizzo is. 

I don´t think we will agree on this ever. I respect your ideas but I don´t agree and I think that you are totally wrong. I suspect you think the same about mine´s LOL. That´s life. I already expressed what I think about this. Have a nice sunday, enjoy the queen for a while if you can, and let´s see if her next public appearance is more succesful and everybody is happy. I´m sending you lot´s of love, not kidding, it´s real. 

I must say in latest pictures rehearsing I saw her more natural and like the Madonna of always. Let´s pray for a super succesful and masive tour celebrating her amazing legacy.

I enjoy every phase of Madonna. She’s a revolutionary!

Good for Pink.  Bravo.  I’ve always liked her spunk and — in an era of copycats — have always felt like she certainly learned some damn cool lessons from Madonna — yet never felt like she had to blatantly rip her off either.  She has always  been about her own thing.  And I respect that.

Others who clearly leaned from Madonna but did their own thing? Gwen Stefani. Katy Perry.  Taylor Swift.  These three also know how to make a damn good video.

Totally what’s in my mind, you explained it perfectly well! It’s totally not about her age… or about a women.

The weirds part is the fact she’s fighting aging & wants to stay young yet she’s angry about ageism.

2 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

Oh, so people can´t have an opinion about things unless it is positive or unless you agree or unless you like it? It is interesting.

Try saying something nasty to the ones being most vile in their description of eg. Madonna (or anyone else)... and they will scream like you have stabbed them... problem is that everyone feel that they have the right to talk negatively and degrading about everyone else... but if someone else say similar things about them... they are being bullied and will not stand for it... what the world needs is kindness and empathy... not knowing that you find someone else nasty looking... what is that going to change... and what is that going to improve...