P!nk supports Madonna over 'misogyny' claim

Starchild

2 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Being a dick is fun, I blocked you once because of your continuous puerile rants were painful to read, unblocked you after because I don't like to be that child. But hey you win it with honours. bye Felicia

Ok. Wait, did I insult you in anyway? Did I say anything wrong or bad about you? Just because I’m expressing my opinions/thoughts? Do we have to agree on everything? Seriously? 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

McDonna

I don't get how some keep gaslighting this idea that Madonna is playing a victim.  She isn't!  She will never!  She is only speaking up for herself and women.  She's leading by example and refusing to back down.  The audacity that someone would say that she should expect such criticisms because she says and does controversial things or if she changes her look or have face surgery.  That's just enabling and giving people a license to bully, intimidate and insult others.  I applaud P!nk for h

dankpepe

I agree with this. Madonna has done appearances at award shows where she looked normal but a little older such as at the Billboard Women In Music 2016 Awards. No articles cited her looking old or odd. I think even if Madonna showed up at the 2023 Grammys looking younger with amazing plastic surgery, the overall press would be praising her for looking so good at her age and turning back the hands of time. We just expect with all of the money Madonna has that she'd get good work and it shocks

Starchild

Pink thinks Madonna was right to complain about "ageism and misogyny". The 64-year-old pop icon was subjected to criticism and ridicule over her seemingly-altered appearance at the Grammy Awards, and Pink thinks she was perfectly entitled to voice her frustrations. The 43-year-old singer told the Sunday Mirror newspaper's No Filter showbiz column: "It’s unfair, it’s always unfair, and it’s ageism. The attitude is no longer that person has been amazing for so long, it’s all about bashin

Posted Images

If this foolery about what she should behave like,or not,the way put in the comments by others are very shocking and not criticism,let's stop or i may tag Jackie to put warnings.My comment is directed to everyone in general.Remember the line "Who am i to decide what should be done"

8 hours ago, EgoRod said:

An interesting explanation about how bad make up choices and hairstyle made her look different, rather than ' a blotched surgery"

https://thailand.postsen.com/music/104911/Eyebrows-changed-life-changed-like-Madonna-at-the-2023-Grammy-Awards.html

That's what I have been saying.

M needs to spend $$$$ and hire a good stylist (not letting the amateur twins to do the job like what some had said).

Bring back that god damn brows.

1 hour ago, tscott said:

I don't get how some keep gaslighting this idea that Madonna is playing a victim.  She isn't!  She will never!  She is only speaking up for herself and women.  She's leading by example and refusing to back down.  The audacity that someone would say that she should expect such criticisms because she says and does controversial things or if she changes her look or have face surgery.  That's just enabling and giving people a license to bully, intimidate and insult others. 

I applaud P!nk for her comments on the subject.  We need more women in the entertainment business to come together and support one another.  And I'm sure P!nk knows that she's only got a few good years, before she's on the same end of things that Madonna is regarding misogyny  and ageism.  In fact, I'm sure she's already experiencing it.  

I don't disagree, but it's kinda rich coming from Pink. Who spent many years dogging out Britney, Christina, and low key Beyonce. She wanted to be the female Eminem. And he also only every came for women and Moby and no one batted a lash. She's always praised and looked up to Madonna but it was a very different story with her peers. 

3 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

I don't disagree, but it's kinda rich coming from Pink. Who spent many years dogging out Britney, Christina, and low key Beyonce. She wanted to be the female Eminem. And he also only every came for women and Moby and no one batted a lash. She's always praised and looked up to Madonna but it was a very different story with her peers. 

I don't recall her "dogging" any of those other ladies.  I know some prefer to interpret things happening in her songs, videos and act as if she's dissing them, but she's spoke kindly of all these ladies more recently.  She's collobrated with all of them at some point in her career.  If she's had any issues, it's long buried and she seems to be in a good place.  She did write a song, years ago, including Britney's name but that was in response to how her management/record label was trying to mold her into this cookie cutter pop act.  She called Britney "pretty", but said she didn't want to be that sort of artist.  Also, she's always idolized Madonna and Janis Joplin.  I'm not sure why you think she "wanted to be the female Eminem"?  Sure they did a couple collaborations, but she seems to want to be more of a rock act like Joan Jett, Linda Perry and Janis Joplin.  

2 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

In the world of show business and entertainment there is a lot of falsehood. As you yourself have said, you are surprised that Pink supports Madonna against violence against women when she has made fun of other women in the past. Celebrities will always seek to be politically correct or support a cause as long as it favors them in their careers and they will change their speech from one moment to the next according to new fashions or trends.

For example, overweight artists who achieve fame and become symbols of this sector of the population, but once their popularity is assured, they suddenly appear totally thin, betraying their own discourse and overweight people who saw this star as a inspirational model that one can feel comfortable with one's physique regardless of having 50 or 100 extra kilos. Or artists who criticize misogyny but appear smiling with celebrities who promote misogyny. There is a lot of hypocrisy in this world of fame so I think it's a bad idea to blindly believe everything these artists say because it's easy to identify their contradictions and lies

59 minutes ago, tscott said:

I don't recall her "dogging" any of those other ladies.  I know some prefer to interpret things happening in her act as if she's dissing them, but she's spoke kindly of all these ladies more recently.  She's collobrated with all of them at some point in her career.  If she's had any issues, it's long buried.  She did write a song, years ago, including Britney's name but that was in response to how her management/record label was trying to mold her into this cookie cutter pop act.  She called Britney "pretty", but said she didn't want to be that sort of artist.  Also, she's always idolized Madonna and Janis Joplin.  I'm not sure why you think she "wanted to be the female Eminem"?  Sure they did a couple collaborations, but she seems to want to be more of a rock act like Joan Jett, Linda Perry and Janis Joplin.  

Yep. We just see it differently.

24 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

As you yourself have said, you are surprised that Pink supports Madonna against violence against women when she has made fun of other women in the 

I didn't say I was "surprised Pink supports Madonna against violence against women". That wouldn't surprise me. But I agree with the rest of your post.

12 hours ago, tscott said:

I don't get how some keep gaslighting this idea that Madonna is playing a victim.  She isn't!  She will never!  She is only speaking up for herself and women.  She's leading by example and refusing to back down.  The audacity that someone would say that she should expect such criticisms because she says and does controversial things or if she changes her look or have face surgery.  That's just enabling and giving people a license to bully, intimidate and insult others. 

I applaud P!nk for her comments on the subject.  We need more women in the entertainment business to come together and support one another.  And I'm sure P!nk knows that she's only got a few good years, before she's on the same end of things that Madonna is regarding misogyny  and ageism.  In fact, I'm sure she's already experiencing it.  

Shania Twain gave similar support in an interview. You are right, it is mainly women a few years behind voicing support for Madonna.

12 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

But her opinion here is in defense of Madonna being bullied and that's valid and appreciated. That a pop artist had been shown beef with other pop artist at some point of their life does'nt take away they can give a meaningful shout-out in defense on someone.

18 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

That's what I have been saying.

M needs to spend $$$$ and hire a good stylist (not letting the amateur twins to do the job like what some had said).

Bring back that god damn brows.

It seems her stylists participated in a circus before doing makeup because how come they be making her think the eyebrows need to be removed.If she likes it I guess i can keep my mouth shut

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Because they have cocks dangling between their legs 

I used to enjoy reading your comments, you used to offer some interesting insights and generally make a lot of sense. I'm not sure what's happened but you've become really rather unpleasant, overly defensive, quite unkind and frankly a bore. 

Anyway, thank you for your flippant response ❤️

58 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

It seems her stylists participated in a circus before doing makeup because how come they be making her think the eyebrows need to be removed.If she likes it I guess i can keep my mouth shut

bleached eyebrows are so in right now. I guess is someone trying to bring her into current trends. And i think with the loose red wave hair were actually nice. Bit regal. But with darker eyes and flat tie back hair only highlight the cheek fillers.

It gives her a skull like features.

8 hours ago, EgoRod said:

But her opinion here is in defense of Madonna being bullied and that's valid and appreciated. That a pop artist had been shown beef with other pop artist at some point of their life does'nt take away they can give a meaningful shout-out in defense on someone.

Totally agree.  Pink seems to have evolved in a way Madonna has when it comes about bad mouthing other artists.  And with Pink, she has more commented how the industry is trying to corner her in this Pop Princess category which she doesn't want any part of.  I never felt Pink intentionally set out to insult anyone, and if she did, she obviously has seen the error of her ways as she stated regarding Madonna that we all need to be a bit more nicer to one another.

On 2/19/2023 at 1:09 AM, Ayham said:

Amen to this!!! This victim trend needs to stop. Enough is enough. 

Madonna never acted like a victim about this. She said she's not going to apologize and will continue doing what she wants. Her pointing out exactly what happened isn't being a victim. 

On 2/21/2023 at 12:28 AM, Curator said:

I used to enjoy reading your comments, you used to offer some interesting insights and generally make a lot of sense. I'm not sure what's happened but you've become really rather unpleasant, overly defensive, quite unkind and frankly a bore. 

Anyway, thank you for your flippant response ❤️

It was a joke! Jesus, you really come across as the unpleasant one in this interaction. I have never even spoken to you as far as I can remember and you come out attacking me?