Tracks That Could've Been Hits If Released As Singles?

Openyourheart

1 hour ago, Levon said:

"'My demos were better' Hear Avicii on Madonna's latest album"

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/madonna-avicii-argument-rebel-heart-17364670

"Avicii Reveals Butting Heads With Madonna in the Music Studio"

https://www.eonline.com/news/664330/avicii-reveals-butting-heads-with-madonna-in-the-music-studio-but-denies-dissing-her

"Avicii wasn't happy with the final versions of his tracks on Madonna's Rebel Heart"

https://www.digitalspy.com/music/a652006/avicii-wasnt-happy-with-the-final-versions-of-his-tracks-on-madonnas-rebel-heart/

1331695120_Screenshot2023-02-21at16-04-30RebelHeartAviciiAdmitsToClashingWithMadonnaDuringCollaboration-HypeMalaysia.thumb.png.e635080243b3e9affa765f046885c632.png

This doesn’t explain the “childish issues” comment. I don’t know what you mean by that….

Either way, Avicii clapped back at the Daily Star for taking his words out of context:

https://www.drownedmadonna.com/2015/06/08/avicii-slams-the-daily-star-for-out-of-context-article-about-madonnas-rebel-heart/

Avicii took to Instagram to condemn the Daily Star. He wrote, “Or maybe your shi**y interviewers ruined what could have been a good interview,” in a picture next to the Madonna headline. It’s obvious that Avicii wasn’t trying to put down Madonna.

Also, the only Avicii tracks to be reworked by other producers are: Devil Pray, Borrowed Time, and Wash All Over Me.

Addicted, HeartbreakCity, Messiah, and Rebel Heart are still Avicii’s final versions…

1 hour ago, like a light said:

Of course Vogue is The Holy Grial for some kind of fans, but  Words is an improved version of it,  remaking the whole thing with catchier melody,  deeper lyrics,  more complexity...

Don't hate me for saying the things are as they are.  

I think Vogue has way more energy and a more singalong chorus than Words. I think even listening without context to what were hits and what weren't you'd be able to single out Vogue as a standout song.

13 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

Supernatural

He's A Man

Cry Baby

Back In Business

Where Life Begins

Words

Let Down Your Guard

Forbidden Love (BS)

Love Tried To Welcome Me

Swim

Like An Angel Passing Through My Room

Time Stood Still

Has To Be

Gone

Forbidden Love (COADF)

Across The Sky

Trust No Bitch

Two Steps Behind

I feel like Has To Be is too slow to be a single, and Trust No Bitch would've been straight up embarrassing for her and I'm saying that as a fan of the song (it's camp). 

I love some of your out of the box answers though

4 hours ago, Danton said:

She's not me and  Beat goes on for sur !

I do remember Beat Goes On being included on the hype sticker of Hard Candy, so back then I thought that it was going to be released as a single at some point... it should have been the 3rd single after Give it to me in order to revive the album

Maybe the ones could have been "hits", and by "hits" i mean the biggest they can get depending how many singles had before in the album or in which year they belong, i mean i included songs from the 10's 

Physical Attraction (After Burning Up)

Stay (Final single)

Where's The Party (Final or from You Can Dance)

Sooner Or Later (release week after Oscars performance)

Bye Bye Baby (video release acompaning the release we had, it would not be her biggest hit, but at least higher for sure. I always imagined her on a boat and on the beach on this one, surely because of the single cover)

Survival (After Human Nature, not that it would get very high in charts but a smaller hit in USA and a proper hit in Europe and Aus could be possible with this one i think)

Sky Fits Heaven (US release, with a video, not long after DW/SFL European release)

Impressive Instant (Release while Drowned World Tour)

Nobody Knows Me (release on the European leg of the Re-Invention Tour)

Future Lovers (release while The Confessions Tour was happening)

Candy Shop (A hit because she would have promoted it everywhere that had a camera plugged)

Gang Bang (with Tarantino video)

Rebel Heart

I Don't Search I Find (with a video)

2 hours ago, SonnyX said:

I do remember Beat Goes On being included on the hype sticker of Hard Candy, so back then I thought that it was going to be released as a single at some point... it should have been the 3rd single after Give it to me in order to revive the album

The album could never "revive"  'cause media just wouldn't  airplayed any song from mature artists in a scene ageist as never before.

Candy shop and Beat goes on were some sort of singles,  as a single is a promoted song.  They were promoted being the songs they gave to televisions in every country.  Actually,  this way they sounded more  than with a traditional single release.

The whole Rebel Heart narrative some fans have of Madonna abandoning Avicii's version cracks me up since the two wrote the song together from scratch.  it started off being an acoustic version.  Madonna only stripped it back a bit from a later version they produced which everyone claims to love the  most.  While I hear the differences and I agree it has a bit more kick than the album version, the two aren't that much different from one another.

To answer the OP original question, I've always thought "Where's The Party" should have been a single.  From what I heard, it was initially going to be one, but then Who's That Girl movie/soundtrack came into play.  Still, the release of You Can Dance could have taken advantage of releasing WTP. 

Other songs I would have love to seen as singles, "Why's It So Hard", "Don't Stop", "Forbidden Love", "Swim", "Time Stood Still", "Amazing"", "Impressive Instant", "Nobody Knows Me", "Push", "Dance 2Night", "Broken", "Gang Bang" (or at least the video she envisioned with Quentin T.), "I Don't Give a", "Rebel Heart", "Joan of Arc", "Addicted", and "Crazy".  "Bitch, I'm Loco" could have been a fun single. 

19 hours ago, androiduser said:

Nothing Fails - as the lead single, the biggest missed opportunity of Madonna's career

IDSIF as the lead

No and most definitely NO. 

OP:

From Madonna:

• Physical Attraction

From Like a Virgin:

• Over and Over
  • Love Don't Live Here Anymore

From True Blue:

• Where's the Party

From Like a Prayer:

• Till Death Do Us Part
  • Spanish Eyes

From Erotica:

• Words

From Bedtime Stories:

• Forbidden Love

From Something to Remember:

• I Want You

From Ray of Light:

• Swim
  • Sky Fits Heaven (It wasn’t allowed to become a single because of an agreement Madonna had with the writer of the poem the song was heavily lifted from)
  • Skin

From The Next Best Thing:

• Time Stood Still

From Music:

• Amazing
  • Impressive Instant

From American Life:

• Intervention

From Confessions on a Dance Floor:

• Isaac
  • Forbidden Love

From Hard Candy:

• Beat Goes On
  • Devil Wouldn't Recognize You
  • Heartbeat
  • She's Not Me

From MDNA:

• Beautiful Killer / Gang Bang (Dual Release)
  • I'm Addicted
  • Love Spent (Acoustic Radio Mix) OR Falling Free

From Rebel Heart:

• Devil Pray
  • Rebel Heart (NOT the dated-ass Avicii Version)
  • Hold Tight

From Madame X:

• Faz Gostosa
  • Crazy

One from each album, making up my own alternate M reality:

• Think Of Me
  • Over and Over
  • Jimmy Jimmy
  • Till Death Do Us Part
  • Why's It So Hard
  • I'd Rather Be Your Lover (feat. Tupac)
  • Skin
  • Impressive Instant
  • Intervention
  • Super Pop
  • Animal
  • I'm Addicted
  • Addicted (The One That Got Away)
  • Ciao Bella

and a couple of outtakes throughout the eras:

• Shame
  • Sooner or Later
  • Buenos Aires