Madonna Planning Massive New Documentary

eXtremeOccident

This is a much better idea than a biopic - to make a really interesting documentary type film about her life again. It's time for another documentary film about a 14 year gap between TOD and IGTYAS

Really hope that the tour performance footage is filmed by Jonas and edited by him as he is simply the best at filming and editing concerts. Her last 3 filming of her tours have been spoiled by poor editing by Madonna herself 

1 hour ago, MDNA22 said:

This is a much better idea than a biopic - to make a really interesting documentary type film about her life again. It's time for another documentary film about a 14 year gap between TOD and IGTYAS

Really hope that the tour performance footage is filmed by Jonas and edited by him as he is simply the best at filming and editing concerts. Her last 3 filming of her tours have been spoiled by poor editing by Madonna herself 

Edit the last sentence and I’ll give you a like.

I wonder if the set list for the tour will now be influenced by the story she wishes to tell in the documentary?

I think a doc is a great idea. I think we all knew the vibes for a Madonna biopic were chaotic and all over the place. Any execs or funders watching her slightly odd behaviour at times with the writers on insta might be hesitant.

A documentary just fits her better. Though personally I’d love all three. A Netflix mini series dramatisation for now and in years to come a proper glossy biopic. It’s possible that someone will make a biopic in years to come using Madonna’s script as source material which will in some ways be seen as a blessing from her. There’ll be more stuff if there than anyone would have gotten without her. 

Her brother passing will be a hard moment for her that will make her very reflective. 
I feel sad for her obviously. Especially at a time where she has decided to celebrate her lifes work and something like this happens to take a bit of the shine off it for her. We know because of her mothers death she hates looking back so this is a slightly odd weird timely reminder of her mortality.  

The possibilities are absolutely amazing. She could make a mini serie of several episodes, telling her story, putting videos archives of events, live performances that fits the moment she's talking about, make other people talk, etc... This could be absolutely amazing. The celebration /Greatest hits tour celebrating her four decades in entertainement is the perfect moment to do so. This is a total amazing idea. Now let's cross our fingers it's true !!

A documentary about NOW. I don’t like her dwelling in the past. She is just as creative and interesting as she was in the 90s. 
Her mere appearance causes a stir. Her albums (Madame X) are just as groundbreaking, or (Rebel Heart) just as beautiful. Her recent tours are record breaking and awesome. 
She is still defiant and still living on her own terms. Sometimes I can’t believe she is still here. It’s too amazing. Document 2023 Madonna and the Pretend Queens won’t have to tread water in a decade or two.

Edited by Miki (see edit history)

The more I think about this,

Having a career retrospective structured around the performances in the show is a great idea actually.

Maybe have stories and interviews from the making of certain songs, talk about said songs reception and impact and then show the performance.

Honestly, it sounds even more appealing to me than a dramatized biography.

16 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

The more I think about this,

Having a career retrospective structured around the performances in the show is a great idea actually.

Maybe have stories and interviews from the making of certain songs, talk about said songs reception and impact and then show the performance.

Honestly, it sounds even more appealing to me than a dramatized biography.

I've always wanted her to do a "StoryTellers" type of show even if it was just a one off things.  But I like this idea, where the focus will be more on the songs and how they came about.  We rarely hear that aspect of her career and it would be refreshing, rather the interviews that rarely talk about her music.

No retrospective shit. Lola would give us that when the inevitable happens. Doc about the tour and related current staff. The Madonna on tic tok, doing weird stuff and annoying Piers Morgan is what I want. She delivered her serious ground breaking album and an awesome theater tour to go along with it. And we had The World of Madame X where the sole focus was the music and how it came about. Now our girl needs to have fun, Trolling her fans and pissing conservatives. She deserves it. 

Edited by Miki (see edit history)

25 minutes ago, Miki said:

No retrospective shit. Lola would give us that when the inevitable happens. Doc about the tour and related current staff. The Madonna on tic tok, doing weird stuff and annoying Piers Morgan is what I want. She delivered her serious ground breaking album and an awesome theater tor to go along with it. And we had The World of Madame X where the sole focus was the music and how it came about. Now our girl needs to have fun, Trolling her fans and pissing conservatives. She deserves it. 

I want her to arrive with diamond grills and put the hung up with tokischa nonstop and start playing holy water and twerks nonstop and starts playing a reguetón remix if nothing really matters so she pisses her fans.YESS SLAY you crazy party maker

7 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

I think Lola should play her.

In all serious, why?  Why would you want the daughter of the celebrity to play her mother, especially when it's quite clear Lourdes is not looking to ride on Madonna's coattails. There is no way in the world I would believe she would want to do such a thing.  Lastly, it's just ridiculous and tacky. 

By the way, I love most of your posts!  :)

3 minutes ago, tscott said:

In all serious, why?  Why would you want the daughter of the celebrity to play her mother, especially when it's quite clear Lourdes is not looking to ride on Madonna's coattails. There is no way in the world I would believe she would want to do such a thing.  Lastly, it's just ridiculous and tacky. 

By the way, I love most of your posts!  :)

Not the whole life of M. Lol obviously she would fit into the high school and pre-madonna Madonna lol and why? She looks like her. She reminds me of M that I've seen in her High School pics. Lola has been apart of a lot of Ms work. 

1 minute ago, Robertthenurse said:

Not the whole life of M. Lol obviously she would fit into the high school and pre-madonna Madonna lol

I get what you're saying.  She would look the part, but again, her daughter would never do this, and I think it's just tacky and a desperate attempt to ride on her mom's success.  Still, I don't believe she would do it.  It's not who she seems to be.  She seems to be very much her own person.

15 minutes ago, tscott said:

I get what you're saying.  She would look the part, but again, her daughter would never do this, and I think it's just tacky and a desperate attempt to ride on her mom's success.  Still, I don't believe she would do it.  It's not who she seems to be.  She seems to be very much her own person.

It was literally just a thought lol 😆 

14 minutes ago, tscott said:

Lola is beautiful, but does not look like Madonna. Both her children take after their fathers.

I see a lot of Madonna in Lola as well.  You do see  a lot of glimpses of younger Madonna in her.

I meant to quote somebody else. Sorry. You did not make the comparison. And your post was entirely unrelated to what I said. I will redirect my post . 

12 minutes ago, Miki said:

I meant to quote somebody else. Sorry. You did not make the comparison. And your post was entirely unrelated to what I said. I will redirect my post . 

I wondered if you meant your post for someone else.  But since you brought it up, I do disagree with your opinion of her just taking after her father and having no resemblance.  While I agree she does have a lot of her father's features, you also see a resemblance to Madonna as well. When the two stand next to one another it's totally noticeable.  If anything, Lourdes has a more exotic look to herself because of her Dad's features.  She definitely can stand next to both of her parents and you can tell they produced her.  She takes after both of them when it comes to her looks.

I wondered if you meant your post for someone else.  But since you brought it up, I do disagree with your opinion of her just taking after her father and having no resemblance.  While I agree she does have a lot of her father's features, you also see a resemblance to Madonna as well. When the two stand next to one another it's totally noticeable.  If anything, Lourdes has a more exotic look to herself because of her Dad's features.  She definitely can stand next to both of her parents and you can tell they produced her.  She takes after both of them when it comes to her looks.

If I look hard enough I might. If there is any resemblance, let’s just say, it’s not obvious. Which I think is a good thing, cause Lola as you mentioned isn’t interested in riding her mother’s coattails and I think even resents that she has to deal with her mom’s celebrity. Lola is hardly talked about as M’s child. She’s her own self and her attitude towards M’s fans has created a distance b/n her and her Mom. Which I think is great. She’s tough as nails. And if she wants to benefit from M’s status she’ll be sure to do it to enhance her own career. I like that. She needs that to survive. And her looks don’t betray her intentions. If you get what I mean. And it might be that she naturally  resembles her mom , and is purposely manipulating her looks not to. Either way I like it that way.

17 minutes ago, Miki said:

If I look hard enough I might. If there is any resemblance, let’s just say, it’s not obvious. Which I think is a good thing, cause Lola as you mentioned isn’t interested in riding her mother’s coattails and I think even resents that she has to deal with her mom’s celebrity. Lola is hardly talked about as M’s child. She’s her own self and her attitude towards M’s fans has created a distance b/n her and her Mom. Which I think is great. She’s tough as nails. And if she wants to benefit from M’s status she’ll be sure to do it to enhance her own career. I like that. She needs that to survive. And her looks don’t betray her intentions. If you get what I mean. And it might be that she naturally  resembles her mom , and is purposely manipulating her looks not to. Either way I like it that way.

Agree with most everything here accept for the fact it's quite obvious she resembles her mother.  No one has to really look hard to see she's Madonna's daughter. 

I wouldn't be mad to see a retrospective docuseries that also captures putting the  current show together during these months leading up to opening night. 
Even if it's a straight-up, ToD/IGTTYAS type film, I personally find her voice and image way more interesting than a dramatized retelling. 
But I'm also a documentary fan.