RIP Anthony Ciccone

Spanky1995

I have 7 other siblings. I can’t imagine losing a single one of them. It’s must be painfully surreal experience to lose someone you have such a long shared bond with. My heart goes out to Madonna during this time. I hope the family finds healing.

I wish to God there was a pill one could take to cure their addiction. During the pandemic, the stress was too much for one friend of mine.  I was the one who finally confronted him about it. He was stark raving mad that I did. Said the nastiest things to me. I just sat there and took it because even though his words hurt, I knew it was the addiction talking.

Cut to months later and I finally hear from him again. Turns out, he tried to quit cold turkey and it nearly killed him. His body couldn’t take it. Scared me half to death thinking I almost lost him. He thanked me for being the first person to confront him about his drinking. He’s still struggling though and my heart breaks for him.

All this to say that addiction is not black and white and it’s not easy for people to just walk away from it. Be kind.

On 2/26/2023 at 11:07 PM, Jackie said:

It's true. My mum was an alcoholic - I wish I knew now what I didn't know then, that it's a disease - I did as much as I could to help her, but in the end, realized that all I was doing was subsidizing her addiction.

Addiction is a complex problem - it's not strightforward, and just because the person 'washes their hands of them' - doesn't mean they don't love them any less - 

:heart:

On 2/27/2023 at 9:55 PM, chaosmen1984mk said:

To be honest, I am one of those who stayed with this version sold by the press of the poor addicted brother abandoned by the millionaire sister and who, having no money, had to go and live under a bridge. I remember that this news was headlined in various press outlets around the world and I think that Madonna should have come out to clarify things at the time because as we all know, silence is consent,  and many people were left with that image of the evil sister. Even now, with the death of her brother, the media continue to report the sad news but remember, in a morbid way, that he lived for many years under a bridge and without money when the truth of the story is totally different from the one told by the press but unfortunately only the fans know about it (I just found out thanks to this forum) and people close to the family.

I am not one to enter the social networks of artists, not even those of Madonna, but does anyone know if she published something regarding the death of her dear brother? A photo or a goodbye message? I would like to see it. Thank you.

You are wrong

https://www.attitude.co.uk/culture/music/madonna-paid-for-her-late-brothers-rehab-427089/

On 3/1/2023 at 1:08 PM, Miki said:

And it had never occurred to me that Joan is only 14 years older than Madonna. More like an older sister as Anthony says. and Anthony says Madonna had to leave/ or was kind of forced to leave because they found Joan as a replacement for their mom unacceptable.

Mer Girl begins with these lirycs:

I ran from my house that cannot contain me

From the man that I cannot keep

So you're right. She had to leave.

• 1 month later...