Billboard - Madonna’s ‘Ray of Light’ Turns 25: Songs Ranked From Worst to Best

NothingReallyMatters

A beautiful album from start to finish. Listening to it right now.  And of course, "Has to Be" is definitely a lost treasure being limited to a bonus track to the Japanese versions.  I only hope that when they finally release the re-issue "Has to Be" will be on it. 

I'm so over this kind of 'journalism", it's just blogging. Whenever you see a listicle like this bare in mind that this is a lazy way to make clickbaits, take it from someone who used to do it for a living (well not me, that's the reason why i quit because i did not want to make these lists). Billboard can afford to pay a journalist to interview Rick Nowels, Pat Leonard, Orbit or DeVries and write a more in depth article about the album. That's journalism. Blogging is making listicles and make one's personal opinon some kind of truth. Why would you care about that guy's opinion on the album ? You know what i mean ? You want to know stuff about its making from people who made it. That's journalism. So i repeat, whenever you see a listicle in a publication, remember that it's clickbait, a cheap way to make content to avoid writing a real article about a trending topic. Sadly this is how press/media are today. Worldwide.

The last line of the Shanti review is why I'm glad I got to experience this era of hers pre social media. It would have been nothing but cultural appropriation accusations and mocking her live vocals at every award show. 

I adore the NRM video. But if she had been blonde and doing a very literal "look back" video with her on the streets of NYC, I think it would have been a hit.