GAME: Ranking the Tours [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Well, for me Confessions will be the best Madonna tour. Perhaps many voted for Blond Ambition because there is so much material available about this tour. On the other hand, Confessions only had a DVD and to top it off it was filmed in a place that left much to be desired due to the coldness of the public. Confessions Tour has better choreography, better highlights, better costumes, better tour ending, etc. All of that makes me feel like it's better than the Blond Ambition Tour but anyway, both tours deserve first place in the end.

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’m happy with this ranking!!! I kinda expected it! Her most iconic/popular tours ever! Thanks @Curtains for doing this! 😇👍🏼💕

1 minute ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Well, for me Confessions will be the best Madonna tour. Perhaps many voted for Blond Ambition because there is so much material available about this tour. On the other hand, Confessions only had a DVD and to top it off it was filmed in a place that left much to be desired due to the coldness of the public. Confessions Tour has better choreography, better highlights, better costumes, better tour ending, etc. All of that makes me feel like it's better than the Blond Ambition Tour but anyway, both tours deserve first place in the end.

CT is definitely her BEST tour to date! 🔥

37 minutes ago, Curtains said:

#4 – Drowned World Tour

uSytF3M.jpg

- Average Rank : 5,75

- Highest Rank : 1 ( @NothingReallyMatters, @Andreo, @Fernando, @Frankito )

- Lowest Rank : 11 ( @tscott, @BlondAmbition )

This tour was my first M tour to watch on TV! My favorite performance was Human Nature. 😅🔥 

sexy human nature GIF

Maybe everyone voted with different criteria in mind, but we didn’t give grades! We just put them in order of favorite to least favorite! All of Madonna’s tours are extraordinary and have their own unique highlights. I approached this from a perspective of the combination of showmanship, vocal prowess, cohesiveness and the setlist. I didn’t focus on artistic merit because Madonna is first and foremost always an artist, and so I can’t judge the value and the impact of her work beyond my own reaction to it. Additionally, all of her shows carry the weight of who she was publicly in any given era. It’s impossible to separate the personal memories from a certain time in my life when considering which tours were better. The Virgin Tour will always bring back fond memories…it was her very first concert tour! However, it is far from being the best example of her unparalleled performance skills. I think Blonde Ambition is an amazing show for its time, I found The Girlie Show to be her warmest as a performer, and I found her vocal abilities on Drowned World and Reinvention to be way beyond expectations, but to me Confessions was Madonna at her professional peak. 

Thanks @Curtains! That was fun! 

8 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Confessions Tour has better choreography, better highlights, better costumes, better tour ending, etc.

I don't know, nothing will ever beat the JPG costumes for BA imho, they are flawless and iconic, even the odd Marlene Stewart costume for Holiday kind of fits in. Apart from the openening look for confessions (which is fantastic) I thought the confessions costumes were really kind of boring, apart from the white catsuit. As for tour endings again nothing can ever beat BA to me. I mean keep it together must be the single most fantatsic choreo of her career, and that outfit

9 hours ago, Curtains said:

#8 – Sticky & Sweet Tour

Ll7LDn3.jpg

- Average Rank : 7,24

- Highest Rank : 1 ( @HC Charge, @mikenmark )

- Lowest Rank : 11 ( @EgoRod, @steady75, @olive, @Pretender1978, @alfi1973, @Stéphane ROBIN, @Levon )

How is this higher than RHT, S&S didn't do it for me, that boring opening video and lame reveal into CS which was mediocre at best, the harsh sound of all the mashups (coming directly after the warm Confessions, which for all its flaws had impeccable music direction) I also thought the oputfits were awful. Whilst Rebel heart was maybe a bit disjointed and too 80's heavy, but it was also warm and funny and had TB on Ukelele

Wow, so not sure how I feel about this. In some ways MX deserves to be last, with the ticketing and cancellation fiasco, as well as the fact a lot fewer people saw it, I suppose I can rationalise it, even though I did enjoy it very much. VT I am putting it down to it being so long ago. BAT of course was always going to win in my book, even though I never saw it live, it IS the iconic Madonna and pop star concert and the concert against which all her concerts are measured. GS, fair enough, it was an amazing show, RHT I expected to be higher. CT fair enough. RIT and DWT I never saw so can't comment. So overall a few surprises for me here, a bit of a disappointment on MX and RHT, though I can understand. WTG will always be high in my book as it was the first concert of Madonna I saw on TV and I had a VHS tape which I made from the TV broadcast, that Into The Groove piano dance riff simply cannot be beat as far as live Madonna goes. 

Thank you once again @Curtains for pulling these fun ranking games together.

I voted WTG for no.1 because it's a rock concert with incredible live arrangements and live vocals. In this way it's different from all the other tours because it has a different formula. Of course GS is incredible too in terms of musicality.

What makes WTG so special is that it's theatrical without relying on sceneries, projections, or a big cast. It's incredible that she is often alone on stage, with just 3 dancers and 3 backup singers. It shows how strong she is as a performer.

Also, the Turin concert is her highest point in her career in Italy.

15 hours ago, Future Lover said:

The Girlie Show above Drowned World and MDNA?? Girls take the nostalgia glasses off I am begging

DW is actually on the lower part of my list, still great but setlist is meh and art direction is also so so, I'm not even mentioning her hair. Only thing I adore about that tour is the acoustic haystack section and LIB.

Girlie Show is so over the top fantastic it is hard to begin, first of all the whole look of it (for the time) was so elegant and understated, the costumes are heaven, musical direction superb, with all those interpretations of her extended mixes, the interpolations of other songs, bringing back Everybody, doing My Fair Lady, that LIB choreo.

I understand the love for MDNA, for me it was too much of a production leaving little room for her personality to shine through, but that tour also has some incredible highlights, LAV, Vogue, Celebration

So happy my two faves ended up on top! I think the Madame X Tour is really underrated, it really shows M's versatility and capability of making art and an interesting show without being a classic popstar or an athlete, I find this show really captivating.

Also, the MDNA tour absolutely gets an unfair treatment because the DVD sucks. If we had a decent edit people would have a much better opinion of the tour itself, because it has everything: it's iconic, physically demanding, visually stunning, a breathtaking intro, great setlist and it encapsulates Madonna's legacy pretty well, all with a storyline/concept.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic