RUMOR: King Charles' Coronation blues ‘not a worry’ as Madonna could save the day:

Brendanlovesu1

King Charles would be “crazy not to ask Madonna” to perform at his Coronation, one royal commentator has claimed. The monarch’s official ascension to the throne will take place on May 6, but so far he has suffered a blow as multiple megastars have reportedly denied their invitation to perform at the concert.

Harry Styles, Elton John, Robbie Williams and the Spice Girls have all reportedly declined to perform at the Coronation concert on May 7 on the grounds of Windsor Castle.

It was also previously reported that Adele and Ed Sheeran also said no to the historical gig.

But while Charles and the royals have not yet secured a headliner for the royal concert, an expert said the King should not worry.

"As far as lining up performers for the coronation concert, I wouldn't panic quite yet," said Christopher Andersen, author of 'The King'.

"Joss Stone is a friend of the younger royals and can usually be counted on," Andersen told Fox News Digital.

"There is also a long list of American pop stars chomping at the bit to perform."

The expert also noted A-listers like Diana Ross, Alicia Keys and Andrea Bocelli performed at the late Queen's Platinum Jubilee last year and would likely get invited back.

But in the biggest suggestion, Andersen said: “They'd be crazy not to ask Madonna, who has a massive 40th-anniversary tour this summer, and I'm sure wouldn't mind the opportunity to perform for the king.”

Andersen then told the outlet: “So, plenty of options (for the coronation concert).

“People are reading way too much into what really amounts to scheduling conflicts.

“It's highly doubtful that anyone would turn down the invitation to perform at the coronation…

“It's a singular moment in history, and, frankly, just too massive a gig!”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1740646/King-Charles-news-coronation-concert-not-a-worry-royal-family-madonna-dxus

Personnally I doubt this'd be happening as she'd still be in tour rehearsals by May..

1 minute ago, DickTracy said:

Asking innocently: why would someone like Elton John or Ed Sheeran decline to perform at a coronation?

Clearly, it's scheduling issues since they all have to get their driving license renewed that day. Adele too.

Nobody could possibly not want to be associated with a regressive dying institution at this time.

On 3/2/2023 at 12:20 AM, DickTracy said:

Asking innocently: why would someone like Elton John or Ed Sheeran decline to perform at a coronation?

I personally feel that they are being juvenile. I guess the Monarchy is unpopular now on account of a tell all book that Prince Harry wrote. What I didn’t like about the article was the fact that they considered inviting Madonna only after all those acts declined. That’s why I protested with my whiny, ‘Why are u doing this?’  I meant no offense. It would actually be cool if she performed at King Charles’ coronation. She had met the Queen. And was delighted. 

7 minutes ago, Miki said:

I personally feel that they are being juvenile. I guess the Monarchy is unpopular now on account of a tell all book that Prince Harry wrote. What I didn’t like about the article was the fact that they considered inviting Madonna only after all those acts declined. That’s why I protested with my whiny, ‘Why are u doing this?’  I meant no offense. It would actually be cool if she performed at the coronation. She had met the Queen. And was very delighted about it.

I took back my like.

2 minutes ago, Manipulated Living said:

Yeah, it’s super juvenile how people don’t want to be involved with a ‘god annointed me to lead you’ cult. It’s definitely all Harry and Megan’s fault.

It’s not a cult. It’s an institution that serves a purpose. It’s been there for centuries. Like all institutions it’s not perfect and It’s evolving. 

2 hours ago, DickTracy said:

Yes, how dare you posting News for Discussion in News X Discussion?

heads GIF

She doesn't seem to have been asked to perform, she hasn't expressed interest, and this article mentions her once because someone thinks it may be a good idea to ask her at some point.

It's hardly news... lol.

2 hours ago, Miki said:

I personally feel that they are being juvenile. I guess the Monarchy is unpopular now on account of a tell all book that Prince Harry wrote. 

You're joking, right? Unpopular because of Harry? How about centuries of abuse, unearned privilege, racism and exploitation?