RUMOR: King Charles' Coronation blues ‘not a worry’ as Madonna could save the day:

Brendanlovesu1

9 minutes ago, kesiak said:

I don’t think you should be this petty. If something is upsetting you, then try explaining why. 

But I did. He made vile statements even earlier in this Topic. When he doubled down I got upset and called him a name. I am sorry about that. 

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Can’t believe I’m reading this ignorance on a Madonna forum of all places 

I mean, it's clear there is a parasocial relationship with the Monarchy. Let's be real, if anything, most people outside of England are so over the family. They're just a dysfunctional family that could use some therapy to heal their intergenerational traumas of betrayal, racism, infidelity, sibling and parental rivalries, etc. The only difference is that this family has a title before their names and live in a palace, and there's generations of colonization, racism, etc. All they ever do is PR and hire the Sun and Mirror to give good face, like covering up William's infidelity and just bashing Meghan. Yeah, Harry and Meghan are attention-seekers and social-status climbers, but compared to the rest of the family members, they are pretty tame. They're just airing out their dirty laundry for coins with interviews and books. Lizzie still defended her pedo son, Andrew, but no one wants to talk about that. Everyone knows about the skeletons in their closets and the elephants in the room. If anything, the royal family did this to themselves. All the things they ever do are performative. 

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

I’m not so sure about that. As said already she made zero acknowledgment of the Queen’s death, thank goodness.

That may very well be because of the hate towards the monarchy from a certain hip section of our society. Our girl has to choose her battles. Madonna is not about rebellion for the sake of it. And this hatred towards culture, and old institutions in the west, I believe is fed by darker and sinister powers. I would hope the gay community would rather turn its attention towards real threats. The Arab world is a serious threat to the queer community. By that I’m only referring to their religious laws that stifle and threaten the lives of so many. Russia with its outright unrelenting brutality, should be denounced and dealt with with more vigor. And Africa where hundreds of thousands were ethnically cleansed by African governments, should be held accountable. And their outlook on gay rights is horrendous.My point is the people/groups who are backing this hate towards the monarchy are even worse than you could imagine. Gays are thrown off buildings for being gay. People are being burnt for belonging to a certain ethnic group. And this is happening now. Hold those actors accountable. Boycott them. I mean, you can trash the West all you want, but the alternative is a nightmare. I know you guys mean well, but you should go places and see certain things, and broaden your perspective. 

35 minutes ago, Miki said:

That may very well be because of the hate towards the monarchy from a certain hip section of our society. Our girl has to choose her battles. Madonna is not about rebellion for the sake of it. And this hatred towards culture, and old institutions in the west, I believe is fed by darker and sinister powers. I would hope the gay community would rather turn its attention towards real threats. The Arab world is a serious threat to the queer community. By that I’m only referring to their religious laws that stifle and threaten the lives of so many. Russia with its outright unrelenting brutality, should be denounced and dealt with with more vigor. And Africa where hundreds of thousands were ethnically cleansed by African governments, should be held accountable. And their outlook on gay rights is horrendous.My point is the people/groups who are backing this hate towards the monarchy are even worse than you could imagine. Gays are thrown off buildings for being gay. People are being burnt for belonging to a certain ethnic group. And this is happening now. Hold those actors accountable. Boycott them. I mean, you can trash the West all you want, but the alternative is a nightmare. I know you guys mean well, but you should go places and see certain things, and broaden your perspective. 

All you are doing is pointing to a bunch of other situations you consider worse to try and downplay the atrocities committed by the British monarchy.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Scotty is funny! Leave him alone

The joke on it’s own can objectively be seen as funny. It’s the timing that was the problem for me. And the certain someone who liked the ‘joke’ at the time shouldn’t hide back there ( Kesiak

14 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

All you are doing is pointing to a bunch of other situations you consider worse to try and downplay the atrocities committed by the British monarchy.

Don’t you think the laws in most African countries are a threat to the queer community living there? Do you agree with the Religious laws and outlooks in most of the Arab world that threaten the lives of their queer community? What is Russia’s, China’s gay rights records? Why beat on an ally, with all these around? 

33 minutes ago, Miki said:

No offense, but the xenophobia, racism, and Islamophobia aren't cute. You're also using "whataboutism" to deflect from us critiquing (rightfully so) the monarchy. 

You're talking about religious extremism. The U.S. is going through the same with the drag show bans, creating trans panic, and by taking rights away from the trans/nonbinary communities. There have been multiple laws that people in the country want to propose against the LGBTQIA+ community. Republicans say that they are trying to protect children and use their version of Christianity to justify their actions, yet trans folks and drag performers aren't safety threats to children. Guns are the leading causing death to children. Point is, you're talking about Black people, Black countries, and the Southwest Asian/North African regions/peoples when the westernized (majority White) country is doing the same under White supremacy, capitalism, and their own version of "Christian" extremism. As a faith, Islam and Christianity are beautiful. As a religion, sadly, there are people who use it to oppress and hurt others in extreme ways, hence extremism, which not all peoples in those same religious backgrounds share similar beliefs and views. Check your lens because they are very biased and selective.

1 hour ago, Lucky Star said:

No offense, but the xenophobia, racism, and Islamophobia aren't cute. You're also using "whataboutism" to deflect from us critiquing (rightfully so) the monarchy. 

You're talking about religious extremism. The U.S. is going through the same with the drag show bans, creating trans panic, and by taking rights away from the trans/nonbinary communities. There have been multiple laws that people in the country want to propose against the LGBTQIA+ community. Republicans say that they are trying to protect children and use their version of Christianity to justify their actions, yet trans folks and drag performers aren't safety threats to children. Guns are the leading causing death to children. Point is, you're talking about Black people, Black countries, and the Southwest Asian/North African regions/peoples when the westernized (majority White) country is doing the same under White supremacy, capitalism, and their own version of "Christian" extremism. As a faith, Islam and Christianity are beautiful. As a religion, sadly, there are people who use it to oppress and hurt others in extreme ways, hence extremism, which not all peoples in those same religious backgrounds share similar beliefs and views. Check your lens because they are very biased and selective.

You would rather have gays thrown off buildings than criticize The Arab world. Shame!!! And at least there are drag shows to ban in the U.S, no such thing is imaginable in Most African and Arab states. You would be burnt alive, dearie for saying u are gay. The religious extremism in America has ties to Russian oligarchy. And my views towards Russia are well documented in earlier posts. And I am African. So stop with this racism bs. The agency that sued Madonna for child trafficking was African. And it based its accusations on homophobic ignorant thinking. Now deal with that - ‘Madonna Forum!’

23 minutes ago, Miki said:

The joke on it’s own can objectively be seen as funny. It’s the timing that was the problem for me. And the certain someone who liked the ‘joke’ at the time shouldn’t hide back there ( Kesiak

Don’t you think the laws in most African countries are a threat to the queer community living there? Do you agree with the Religious laws and outlooks in most of the Arab world that threaten the lives of their queer community? What is Russia’s, China’s gay rights records? Why beat on an ally, with all these around? 

Because I have other concerns apart from the queer community. I know you mean well, but you should go places and see certain things, and broaden your perspective. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Because I have other concerns apart from the queer community. I know you mean well, but you should go places and see certain things, and broaden your perspective. 

Well the queer community is high on my list. Difference of priorities I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

This and She made W.E., not a litteral biopic but the subject of Wallis Simpson is not something royalists and the british monarchy are fond of.

On a related and sillier note, Madonna didn’t like being called Madge until she discovered it referred to ‘majesty’. 

3 hours ago, JustinTimes said:

Yeah, well I'm pissed off with people thinking it's acceptable to slag off my country and my culture. 

You brushed off genocide and now you are playing the victim. Do you know how insensitive you come across to those still suffering intergenerational trauma or who were stripped of their culture / identity ?

49 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

You brushed off genocide and now you are playing the victim. Do you know how insensitive you come across to those still suffering intergenerational trauma or who were stripped of their culture / identity ?

You said you have other concerns apart from the queer community, when I stressed the dangers their lives are in , in certain places. I didn’t take it literally.

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I'm never a victim. I couldn't care less how I come across to either of you nobodies, I will defend my country and my culture, if you don't like it, tough. Your opinion is of no consequence to me.

12 hours ago, Miki said:

And Africa where hundreds of thousands were ethnically cleansed by African governments, should be held accountable. And their outlook on gay rights is horrendous.My point is the people/groups who are backing this hate towards the monarchy are even worse than you could imagine. Gays are thrown off buildings for being gay. People are being burnt for belonging to a certain ethnic group. And this is happening now. Hold those actors accountable. Boycott them. I mean, you can trash the West all you want, but the alternative is a nightmare. I know you guys mean well, but you should go places and see certain things, and broaden your perspective. 

Section 377 was, and is, a model law in more ways than one. It was a colonial attempt to set standards of behavior, both to reform the colonized and to protect the colonizers against moral lapses.  It was also the first colonial "sodomy law" integrated into a penal code-and it became a model anti-sodomy law for countries far beyond India, Malaysia, and Uganda.  Its influence stretched across Asia, the Pacific islands, and Africa, almost everywhere the British imperial flag flew.

In Asia and the Pacific, colonies and countries that inherited versions of that British law were: Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Fiji, Hong Kong, India, Kiribati, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Myanmar (Burma), Nauru, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Western Samoa.

In Africa, countries that inherited versions were: Botswana, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Nigeria, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Swaziland, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.

Among these, only New Zealand (in 1986), Australia (state by state and territory by territory), Hong Kong (in 1990, before the colony was returned to China), and Fiji (by a 2005 high court decision) have put the legacy, and the sodomy law, behind them.