RUMOR: King Charles' Coronation blues ‘not a worry’ as Madonna could save the day:

Brendanlovesu1

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

Section 377 was, and is, a model law in more ways than one. It was a colonial attempt to set standards of behavior, both to reform the colonized and to protect the colonizers against moral lapses.  It was also the first colonial "sodomy law" integrated into a penal code-and it became a model anti-sodomy law for countries far beyond India, Malaysia, and Uganda.  Its influence stretched across Asia, the Pacific islands, and Africa, almost everywhere the British imperial flag flew.

In Asia and the Pacific, colonies and countries that inherited versions of that British law were: Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Fiji, Hong Kong, India, Kiribati, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Myanmar (Burma), Nauru, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Western Samoa.

In Africa, countries that inherited versions were: Botswana, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Nigeria, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Swaziland, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.

Among these, only New Zealand (in 1986), Australia (state by state and territory by territory), Hong Kong (in 1990, before the colony was returned to China), and Fiji (by a 2005 high court decision) have put the legacy, and the sodomy law, behind them.

Thank you for this. I would like to add that the African ethnic cleansing situation I mentioned earlier happened in Ethiopia, Tigray region. Now Ethiopia is one of the very few nations in Africa that is credited as never being colonized. Italians had lost a war in their attempt to colonize it at first. And later though Italy had waged another war and stayed in Ethiopia for a mere five years, it was met with fierce resistance and was never able to set up a stable government. And it was driven out soon after. So, Ethiopia had always prided itself in being a black symbol of freedom. And the seat of the AU is in its capital. Tigray a region at the northern tip of this nation was primarily responsible for defeating the Italians at Adwa, and ridding of them on their second attempt of colonization. The people of Tigray were also responsible for the quick economic development of the country these past thirty years. They transformed the nation from the state of poverty it was in and made it a success. About two years ago the newly elected leader conspired with a neighboring nation of Eritrea, and waged a full on war on Tigray. The region was under siege. No food or medical supplies could get in. And drones and heavy weaponry supplied by Turkey, U A E, Iran were used to target residential towns, factories, power stations. This went on for two years. Half a million civilians died as a result. Tens of thousands of women were raped mostly by Eritrean troops while the Ethiopian troops looked on. Yet again through sheer will and valor Tigray remained undefeated. Ethiopia’s economy had hit rock bottom because of the war, about half a million of Ethiopia’s troops had died, and so eventually the government decided to end the war, sign a peace deal and resume talks with the Tigray forces. 
This is a case I have witnessed first hand. And I can assure you, all responsibility lies with the Ethiopian and Eritrean governments. Your colonization code has no bearing here cause the country was never colonized. Africa takes full responsibility here. The AU wasn’t vocal about the human rights abuse going on in Tigray and even supported the war. The West though were vocal yet slow in their deliberations. People were burnt alive for being from Tigray. In this day and age people were hunted down , imprisoned, tortured, and put in concentration camps. Many died from this abuse. I can’t even go through some of the heinous deeds that were done. People’s heads were cut and put on sticks as a sign of I don’t know what. 
All these things and many more were done by Africans to Africans in the past two years. The West, or your colonization codes have no bearing on this genocide as I have explained. 
Though I am Ethiopian I would like to add that I am not Tigrayan. That might help you see that this story is not biased. 
With regards to Madonna it is an Ethiopian agency that filed child trafficking complaints on Madonna. They fear she’s turning her kids gay. If they could dare come after an international superstar with this bullshit, just imagine what they are doing to the queer community in their midst. 
Your handling of Africa with kid gloves, and making excuses for deeds they clearly don’t regret, is insulting to me on a personal level. 

1 minute ago, mikenmark said:

Hmmmm a new member creating drama and only posting on inflammatory posts. Sounds like a previous banned member or a troll to me. 

And I'm not hiding behind likes, as you've accused others of, I'm calling you out @Miki

Drama? Can you read?

Just now, mikenmark said:

@Mikiwhat other usernames have you been banned from here on?

Listen, i responded to a post sent to me. I was willing to let this discussion end. My post at the beginning  of this page will clear any questions you might have concerning what I’m about. 

Just now, Miki said:

Listen, i responded to a post sent to me. I was willing to let this discussion end. My post at the beginning  of this page will clear any questions you might have concerning what I’m about. 

That's nice, but who are you.  Sorry I mean who were you, you know before the previous ban.

6 hours ago, JustinTimes said:

I'm never a victim. I couldn't care less how I come across to either of you nobodies, I will defend my country and my culture, if you don't like it, tough. Your opinion is of no consequence to me.

We share the views of half of Britain. The next few decades are going to be hard for you watching them fall, you will be viewed as a right wing lunatic soon enough by the majority of the population. All the best.

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

We share the views of half of Britain. The next few decades are going to be hard for you watching them fall, you will be viewed as a right wing lunatic soon enough by the majority of the population. All the best.

Your perception of me means nothing, I'm proud to be British and neither you or your sycophants means nothing to me. I'm proud of my culture and no xenophobes are gonna make me think different about where I'm from.

Edited by JustinTimes (see edit history)

6 hours ago, JustinTimes said:

Your perception of me means nothing, I'm proud to be British and neither you or your sycophants means nothing to me. I'm proud of my culture and no xenophobes are gonna make me think different about where I'm from.

It's like Italian Americans who are proud of and celebrate Christopher Columbus, even though he and his followers colonized, killed, and raped people. Now, it's not a national holiday in the U.S. and is now Indigenous Peoples' Day. Point is, most, if not all cultures, have something to not be proud of. It's just history. It's fact. People who aren't easily defensive can think critically and find nuance. If anything, I find it more patriotic to acknowledge both the good and the bad with a country and still try making it better, but, for example, American republicans struggle with that. 

15 hours ago, Miki said:

Thank you for this. I would like to add that the African ethnic cleansing situation I mentioned earlier happened in Ethiopia, Tigray region. Now Ethiopia is one of the very few nations in Africa that is credited as never being colonized. Italians had lost a war in their attempt to colonize it at first. And later though Italy had waged another war and stayed in Ethiopia for a mere five years, it was met with fierce resistance and was never able to set up a stable government. And it was driven out soon after. So, Ethiopia had always prided itself in being a black symbol of freedom. And the seat of the AU is in its capital. Tigray a region at the northern tip of this nation was primarily responsible for defeating the Italians at Adwa, and ridding of them on their second attempt of colonization. The people of Tigray were also responsible for the quick economic development of the country these past thirty years. They transformed the nation from the state of poverty it was in and made it a success. About two years ago the newly elected leader conspired with a neighboring nation of Eritrea, and waged a full on war on Tigray. The region was under siege. No food or medical supplies could get in. And drones and heavy weaponry supplied by Turkey, U A E, Iran were used to target residential towns, factories, power stations. This went on for two years. Half a million civilians died as a result. Tens of thousands of women were raped mostly by Eritrean troops while the Ethiopian troops looked on. Yet again through sheer will and valor Tigray remained undefeated. Ethiopia’s economy had hit rock bottom because of the war, about half a million of Ethiopia’s troops had died, and so eventually the government decided to end the war, sign a peace deal and resume talks with the Tigray forces. 
This is a case I have witnessed first hand. And I can assure you, all responsibility lies with the Ethiopian and Eritrean governments. Your colonization code has no bearing here cause the country was never colonized. Africa takes full responsibility here. The AU wasn’t vocal about the human rights abuse going on in Tigray and even supported the war. The West though were vocal yet slow in their deliberations. People were burnt alive for being from Tigray. In this day and age people were hunted down , imprisoned, tortured, and put in concentration camps. Many died from this abuse. I can’t even go through some of the heinous deeds that were done. People’s heads were cut and put on sticks as a sign of I don’t know what. 
All these things and many more were done by Africans to Africans in the past two years. The West, or your colonization codes have no bearing on this genocide as I have explained. 
Though I am Ethiopian I would like to add that I am not Tigrayan. That might help you see that this story is not biased. 
With regards to Madonna it is an Ethiopian agency that filed child trafficking complaints on Madonna. They fear she’s turning her kids gay. If they could dare come after an international superstar with this bullshit, just imagine what they are doing to the queer community in their midst. 
Your handling of Africa with kid gloves, and making excuses for deeds they clearly don’t regret, is insulting to me on a personal level. 

Well you are mixing here a war with morality and faith. War is bad for every party involved, there's no winners. And actions in war had never been praised or considered justified, in any time or any country.

You are listing me a lots of tragic events that are produced by war. Then you say that the agency that filed complains against Madonna are Ethiopians so that's why. That's an illusory correlation.

Ethiopia might not had been victim of colonization but its culture, moral values and politics rely heavily on the Ethiopian  Orthodox Tewahedo  Church. And these like any Orthodox Christians  are pretty tough on their principles of faith. Also they aligned well with some of the Islamic ideas, even Putin (another orthodox christian) praised them as being part of the same beliefs. And Ethiopia is well known for having both Islam and christian followers living together in the same country.

That's the reason there are campaigns against LGBTQ+ values. In the same pattern we see in the USA  with the upraise of Christians morals  trying to save us all from hell.

3 hours ago, Lucky Star said:

It's like Italian Americans who are proud of and celebrate Christopher Columbus, even though he and his followers colonized, killed, and raped people. Now, it's not a national holiday in the U.S. and is now Indigenous Peoples' Day. Point is, most, if not all cultures, have something to not be proud of. It's just history. It's fact. People who aren't easily defensive can think critically and find nuance. If anything, I find it more patriotic to acknowledge both the good and the bad with a country and still try making it better, but, for example, American republicans struggle with that. 

Exactly. They think because they are not effected by it that it does not matter. 

2 hours ago, EgoRod said:

Well you are mixing here a war with morality and faith. War is bad for every party involved, there's no winners. And actions in war had never been praised or considered justified, in any time or any country.

You are listing me a lots of tragic events that are produced by war. Then you say that the agency that filed complains against Madonna are Ethiopians so that's why. That's an illusory correlation.

Ethiopia might not had been victim of colonization but its culture, moral values and politics rely heavily on the Ethiopian  Orthodox Tewahedo  Church. And these like any Orthodox Christians  are pretty tough on their principles of faith. Also they aligned well with some of the Islamic ideas, even Putin (another orthodox christian) praised them as being part of the same beliefs. And Ethiopia is well known for having both Islam and christian followers living together in the same country.

That's the reason there are campaigns against LGBTQ+ values. In the same pattern we see in the USA  with the upraise of Christians morals  trying to save us all from hell.

First off, your first line of argument that the cause of the Tigray genocide -was genocidal codes inherited from the British-was debunked. I’m glad you acknowledged that. If you were anywhere decent you would have condemned the responsible party. But you didn’t. You minimized the genocide to a mere war. 
Then you landed on another excuse. Christianity. Really? Even if I give you that, which I don’t,  then why can’t you use the same excuse to brush aside the European colonizers’ crimes that you so passionately condemn. Clearly Christianity was not a European invention. Christianity arose in Judaea. Early Christians were persecuted by the Romans (of the Roman Empire). Now that’s another twist that would have you squirm.

Furthermore, I do not appreciate-being harangued by idiotic Do- Gooders Gone Wrong, and bullies sending me abusive texts on PMs.

So I will refrain from responding on this topic any further. And I would appreciate it if you would not direct posts at me on this specific issue.

37 minutes ago, Miki said:

First off, your first line of argument that the cause of the Tigray genocide -was genocidal codes inherited from the British-was debunked. I’m glad you acknowledged that. If you were anywhere decent you would have condemned the responsible party. But you didn’t. You minimized the genocide to a mere war. 
Then you landed on another excuse. Christianity. Really? Even if I give you that, which I don’t,  then why can’t you use the same excuse to brush aside the European colonizers’ crimes that you so passionately condemn. Clearly Christianity was not a European invention. Christianity arose in Judaea. Early Christians were persecuted by the Romans (of the Roman Empire). Now that’s another twist that would have you squirm.

Furthermore, I do not appreciate being harangued by idiot Do- Gooders Gone Wrong, and bullies sending me abusive texts on PMs.

So I will refrain from responding on this topic any further. And I would appreciate it if you would not direct posts at me on this specific issue.

My original reference was about colonization by the British Empire (please read title of topic)

You can twist it as you please and made it even more about you that you are doing. I never linked genocide with the buggery law.

You kept talking about Africa (the continent) then replied to me that you were referring to Ethiopia.

You keep talking about the evil Arabs and Russians and I'm telling you about radicalism in the orthodox church and some Muslim beliefs. Religions in Russia and Saudi Arabia as Ethiopia. But you bring up the prosecution of Christians by the Romans in the 1st-4th century.

I won't tell you about how the values  and politics of Christianity as we know them today had evolved in Europe and helped to take over the world, destroy cultures because if you didn't pay attention in school I won't be giving you lessons. You don't know about the holy conquerors or puritans pilgrims, nor missionaries.

Your easily defensive position and  victim diatribe kinda hints where you are coming from.

29 minutes ago, Miki said:

Furthermore, I do not appreciate being harangued by idiot Do- Gooders Gone Wrong, and bullies sending me abusive texts on PMs.

Hey! I sent you some messages on PM, were you referring to me? 

If you think I bullied you I'm those messages, report me.  I didn't say anything there that I haven't said here #troll

On 3/4/2023 at 7:37 AM, Lucky Star said:

No offense, but the xenophobia, racism, and Islamophobia aren't cute. You're also using "whataboutism" to deflect from us critiquing (rightfully so) the monarchy. 

You're talking about religious extremism. The U.S. is going through the same with the drag show bans, creating trans panic, and by taking rights away from the trans/nonbinary communities. There have been multiple laws that people in the country want to propose against the LGBTQIA+ community. Republicans say that they are trying to protect children and use their version of Christianity to justify their actions, yet trans folks and drag performers aren't safety threats to children. Guns are the leading causing death to children. Point is, you're talking about Black people, Black countries, and the Southwest Asian/North African regions/peoples when the westernized (majority White) country is doing the same under White supremacy, capitalism, and their own version of "Christian" extremism. As a faith, Islam and Christianity are beautiful. As a religion, sadly, there are people who use it to oppress and hurt others in extreme ways, hence extremism, which not all peoples in those same religious backgrounds share similar beliefs and views. Check your lens because they are very biased and selective.

I really liked what you wrote. You seem like a rational, intelligent and well-informed person. 

On 3/2/2023 at 12:46 PM, Bjonkers said:

Nothing speaks ascension to the throne like "my sugar is raw! and "Yeezus loves my pussy best". 

Lol “come into my store, I got candy galore” - could you imagine if she did and if that opened the show lol

Personally - I’ve not followed any of this and don’t really care lol