Madonna to be featured on Christine and the Queens new album

proxy

10 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I am not lying when I say that My happiness reached immeasurable levels when I saw the title of the post and thought that it was a collaboration with the Goddess Christina Aguilera. I thought that my long-standing wish had finally come true, but when I found out that it was another Christina, my overflowing happiness plummeted in a matter of seconds. However, I decided to give this artist a chance and I listened to some of her songs on Youtube and I didn't dislike her style. I only hope that Madonna has a wide participation in the songs where she will lend her wonderful voice and not like Justin Timberlake in Hard Candy who, despite appearing in several songs, his participation went almost unnoticed

To be honest I doubt that this collaboration will be as successful as the beautiful song she did with Tokischa that already has 5 million views on Youtube in just 5 months and this is because Christine is not that popular globally but definitely the song it will be like a breath of fresh air after so many contrived and synthetic remixes. I do not have any doubt about that.

You are a proper troll don't ya?

You were slugging off Tokischa and telling how she was vulgar and too trashy to be working with Madonna.

Also Chris is a trans man, stop misgendering.

17 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I am not lying when I say that My happiness reached immeasurable levels when I saw the title of the post and thought that it was a collaboration with the Goddess Christina Aguilera. I thought that my long-standing wish had finally come true, but when I found out that it was another Christina, my overflowing happiness plummeted in a matter of seconds. However, I decided to give this artist a chance and I listened to some of her songs on Youtube and I didn't dislike her style. I only hope that Madonna has a wide participation in the songs where she will lend her wonderful voice and not like Justin Timberlake in Hard Candy who, despite appearing in several songs, his participation went almost unnoticed

To be honest I doubt that this collaboration will be as successful as the beautiful song she did with Tokischa that already has 5 million views on Youtube in just 5 months and this is because Christine is not that popular globally but definitely the song it will be like a breath of fresh air after so many contrived and synthetic remixes. I do not have any doubt about that.

I just discovered Christine last year and like some of her songs. A collaboration with her is certainly artistically/commercially more interesting than the strange TikTok stuff Madonna has delivered lately. It's certainly a step in the right direction, and I am looking forward to it.

On 3/10/2023 at 4:07 AM, EgoRod said:

You are a proper troll don't ya?

You were slugging off Tokischa and telling how she was vulgar and too trashy to be working with Madonna.

It's true, but my rejection of her for being a rapper was before her collaboration with Madonna since I changed my mind after seeing the close friendship that formed between the two and at the time I corrected myself and said that thanks to Madonna my perception towards Tokischa took a 180 degree turn and since then I have always defended their friendship and the song they made together.

Unfortunately, many people in the world get carried away by stereotypes and end up falling into discrimination, be it based on race, nationality, religion, etc. But it is when, due to things in life, you get to know personally that person that you reject so much, is that you realize that you were wrong all along and you lost the opportunity to meet someone wonderful who could have added to your life.

That happened to me with this woman, Tokischa. I put aside my prejudices when I saw that thanks to her I finally saw a Madonna that I hadn't seen for a long time: funny, cheerful, irreverent, leaving her comfort zone and adapting to the style of Tokischa and having a good time during the whole process of shooting the music video. Not to mention the times they went out to social events together. I've never seen Madonna do this with another female artist. That is why I would love for them to do a collaboration similar to Hung Up 2002 again. If you ask my opinion I think Into the Groove would be the perfect song for it.

vlcsnap-2023-03-10-19h58m41s345.png.0af9576adde46a092493927ea0c62513.png

11 hours ago, Eyzonme said:

Didn't know she was still making music. Goddess? 🥴

Of course. Christina Aguilera has one of the best voices in the music scene, it's undeniable. Although it is true that she has lost relevance because of another artist who I prefer not to say her name. Well, okay I'll say it: Lady Gaga. But not her directly, but the press and her fans who did a dirty campaign against Christina, but anyway, hopefully one day Christina will recover the importance and global impact she had before. And it is so difficult to regain validity once you lose it and we verified it with so many great artists who unfortunately are being forgotten by the new generations despite continuing to offer wonderful albums.

6 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Of course. Christina Aguilera has one of the best voices in the music scene, it's undeniable. Although it is true that she has lost relevance because of another artist who I prefer not to say her name. Well, okay I'll say it: Lady Gaga. But not her directly, but the press and her fans who did a dirty campaign against Christina, but anyway, hopefully one day Christina will recover the importance and global impact she had before. And it is so difficult to regain validity once you lose it and we verified it with so many great artists who unfortunately are being forgotten by the new generations despite continuing to offer wonderful albums.

Why do I feel like I've read this exact same comment before????? 

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

The posting style and tone sounds so familiar too…

No but I mean literally the whole comment, the way it's worded and and the specific sentences, especially the final part, like, I feel I've already seen this same exact comment before. I had to check the thread was recent and not old, copy pasted reply maybe? 

Well, I guess the name Christine and the QUEENS was too irresistible for the Queen of pop.

Her collaborations in other people's albums have always been  notorious in a way you almost feel sorry for the other artist,  so with three songs of over six minutes it's likely to be the same.  

On 3/10/2023 at 3:07 AM, EgoRod said:

While I have no issue with anything you posted, but regarding this specifically, you have to keep in mind not everyone is familiar with everyone's gender.  While I've vaguely heard of Christina and the Queens before hearing of Madonna's collaboration, I initially didn't know of his gender identification. When I first saw him, I wasn't sure if he was a male or a female?  After looking up a few more videos, it became more clear he was a woman, transitioning to a male identity. Though, It's like going up to a woman who looks pregnant and assuming she's pregnant when she's not.  If you aren't familiar with the person, you can't always identify even what could be obvious.  My point is; we should refrain from barking at people for "misgendering" others when you aren't sure they just didn't have any idea.  Note; I'm not saying you were intentionally being mean or barking here, but I've seen others get upset at others in the same way with others misidentifying others when some may had no idea.  I hope this makes sense? My point is; we can't always assume everyone should know how others are being identified.  It's so easy to assume Chris is a woman since that is how she was born and she visibly still looks like one.

That said, to be clear that I'm understanding who Chris is, he seems to be more interested in being identified as "pansexual".  Apparently, he's currently resisting the "trans" identity because he isn't interested in going through any operation or hormones treatment.  Sounds as if he's more interested in remaining to be "binary". 

13 hours ago, tscott said:

While I have no issue with anything you posted, but regarding this specifically, you have to keep in mind not everyone is familiar with everyone's gender.  While I've vaguely heard of Christina and the Queens before hearing of Madonna's collaboration, I initially didn't know of his gender identification. When I first saw him, I wasn't sure if he was a male or a female?  After looking up a few more videos, it became more clear he was a woman, transitioning to a male identity. Though, It's like going up to a woman who looks pregnant and assuming she's pregnant when she's not.  If you aren't familiar with the person, you can't always identify even what could be obvious.  My point is; we should refrain from barking at people for "misgendering" others when you aren't sure they just didn't have any idea.  Note; I'm not saying you were intentionally being mean or barking here, but I've seen others get upset at others in the same way with others misidentifying others when some may had no idea.  I hope this makes sense? My point is; we can't always assume everyone should know how others are being identified.  It's so easy to assume Chris is a woman since that is how she was born and she visibly still looks like one.

That said, to be clear that I'm understanding who Chris is, he seems to be more interested in being identified as "pansexual".  Apparently, he's currently resisting the "trans" identity because he isn't interested in going through any operation or hormones treatment.  Sounds as if he's more interested in remaining to be "binary". 

on this case and this particular person I had a reason to repeat something that was said few times in this post. They always had an intention to stir things around.

Pansexual is a sexual preference no an  identity. Chris made an announcement last year and made his pronouns in social media as his/him. While is true that he talks about how he does'nt want to align with genders I was pointing out to the pronouns he is using.

And I agree sometimes you might don't know what gender they want to be refer to, on this occasions is always better to go for neutrals as you do when talking about someone you don't know.

Some people get wind up about using they when it's a proper way to talk about people we don't know the gender or number

11 hours ago, EgoRod said:

on this case and this particular person I had a reason to repeat something that was said few times in this post. They always had an intention to stir things around.

Pansexual is a sexual preference no an  identity. Chris made an announcement last year and made his pronouns in social media as his/him. While is true that he talks about how he does'nt want to align with genders I was pointing out to the pronouns he is using.

And I agree sometimes you might don't know what gender they want to be refer to, on this occasions is always better to go for neutrals as you do when talking about someone you don't know.

Some people get wind up about using they when it's a proper way to talk about people we don't know the gender or number

I totally understand.  It's just I know that I would never purposely offend anyone, but I also can't keep up with everyone and how they want to be identified.  I have no issue with how one wants to be identified.  Just don't bite my head off if I get it wrong when I first meet you or speak of someone I am not too familiar with.  (Not aiming that at you.. just saying that in general.) :)

12 hours ago, tscott said:

I totally understand.  It's just I know that I would never purposely offend anyone, but I also can't keep up with everyone and how they want to be identified.  I have no issue with how one wants to be identified.  Just don't bite my head off if I get it wrong when I first meet you or speak of someone I am not too familiar with.  (Not aiming that at you.. just saying that in general.) :)

Yes I know what you mean. As I said in this case was because I though it was in purpose. <3

39 minutes ago, Madant said:

June 9th

But maybe one of the three M collabs will be released before that

Hopefully so we can brace ourselves for another M collab. 
I absolutely love Christine but the last album was just not good imo. But I love To Be Honest so hopefully that’s the direction of the album.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic