Madonna to be featured on Christine and the Queens new album

proxy

16 hours ago, TOpher said:

Hopefully so we can brace ourselves for another M collab. 
I absolutely love Christine but the last album was just not good imo. But I love To Be Honest so hopefully that’s the direction of the album.

The last album was really experimental and even obscure. He said that was like " Prior's search and descend to madness and this is when he faces the angels and the light" . I agree if it goes in the direction of To Be Honest it can be interesting a mellow.

On 3/17/2023 at 5:08 PM, WopaelWopael said:

If it helps: a lot of my friends (none madonna fans) really enjoy hung up on tokischa. They even stream it on their own, not because of me

The songs streams are abysmal. No one uses it so your friends might be the only ones streaming it.

On 3/17/2023 at 12:08 PM, WopaelWopael said:

If it helps: a lot of my friends (none madonna fans) really enjoy hung up on tokischa. They even stream it on their own, not because of me

What more evidence than to review the views of the video and discover that in just 5 months it already exceeds 5 million views. A resounding and undeniable success. What does baffle me is the antipathy that many Madonna fans have towards this charismatic woman whose biography I personally find quite moving because, according to her own account, being poor and humble and not liking to work, she had to resort to prostitution to able to afford her drug addiction. Then she would realize the enormous talent she had for music, which would lead her to change her lifestyle forever before falling deeper into that vice that has destroyed so many lives in this world.

Tokischa is a survivor whose life should be taken as an example for many who feel that they are trapped in a dead end that is what drug addiction represents and who lie to themselves by saying that they will never be able to stop using them. Tokischa's life is proof of this and now she is dedicated to criticizing the consumption of these substances and I am glad that she is a friend of Madonna and I look forward to new collaborations with her in the future because Hung Up 2022 ended up meeting my expectations, something that they did not achieve the two previous remixes.

1 hour ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

What more evidence than to review the views of the video and discover that in just 5 months it already exceeds 5 million views. A resounding and undeniable success.

I thought you were being sarcastic...but your post is actually for real omg.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
3 hours ago, adirondak said:

I think it’s the song that starts around 1:12:30. No M vocals. 

Madonna's spoken part starts at 1:16, kind of sounds like the voice of God / The Universe / Higher Self. Quite poignant. I can imagine the other 2 songs M features on on the album are in the same vein.

10 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

Madonna's spoken part starts at 1:16, kind of sounds like the voice of God / The Universe / Higher Self. Quite poignant. I can imagine the other 2 songs M features on on the album are in the same vein.

Yes just read an interview from Chris and sounds like Madonna is only providing spoken word in the songs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65079606

MUM!

The follow-up to 2022's Redcar les Adorables Étoile, it was recorded by Kanye West's favoured producer Mike Dean and features Madonna as Big Eye, a mysterious character who appears throughout the album.

Dean had worked with Madonna previously, and when developing the narrative for Paranoïa, Angels, True Love, Chris decided the US superstar would be perfect for the role.

"What is the most emblematic female voice we have in the pop landscape?" Chris asks. "She has such an imprint on everybody's subconscious.

"She did a very risky FaceTime when I explained the whole concept and I was like, 'Do you want to be an actress in this weird musical? To be exactly also the great actress you are?' Because she's multifaceted. She's not even enclosed in one person.

"And she said, 'Yes!' I think because she was enticed by the insanity of the whole thing. She was like, 'You're crazy. I'll do it!'

"I sent her lines that I wrote because she's embodying the character of Big Eye, a very ambivalent 'being of light'. We don't really know if it's AI, a true angel, or maybe my mum?," Chris adds.

"Or if it's maybe me. She's has this voice that encloses all of the others and she's piercing through in the record to just give the wisdom we need.

"She sent me the lines and she delivered in such a perfect way. So I had the emotions of a stage director having the best, best performer to direct, and she delivered in exactly the right way.

"I'm truly joyful that she trusted me enough to give me this impeccable piece of theatre. And also, any time she wants me to just do something for her, I'll be of service all my life."

3 hours ago, f78k said:

Her voice/tone sounds like in Dark Ballet (the spoken part: They are so naive… etc.)

That what I said in the other thread about this.  It's disappointing she isn't actually singing, but I really suspected this wasn't really a singing part.  It's great that they even thought of her to be part of this project. 

On 3/26/2023 at 11:01 AM, Bjonkers said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65079606

MUM!

The follow-up to 2022's Redcar les Adorables Étoile, it was recorded by Kanye West's favoured producer Mike Dean and features Madonna as Big Eye, a mysterious character who appears throughout the album.

Dean had worked with Madonna previously, and when developing the narrative for Paranoïa, Angels, True Love, Chris decided the US superstar would be perfect for the role.

"What is the most emblematic female voice we have in the pop landscape?" Chris asks. "She has such an imprint on everybody's subconscious.

"She did a very risky FaceTime when I explained the whole concept and I was like, 'Do you want to be an actress in this weird musical? To be exactly also the great actress you are?' Because she's multifaceted. She's not even enclosed in one person.

"And she said, 'Yes!' I think because she was enticed by the insanity of the whole thing. She was like, 'You're crazy. I'll do it!'

"I sent her lines that I wrote because she's embodying the character of Big Eye, a very ambivalent 'being of light'. We don't really know if it's AI, a true angel, or maybe my mum?," Chris adds.

"Or if it's maybe me. She's has this voice that encloses all of the others and she's piercing through in the record to just give the wisdom we need.

"She sent me the lines and she delivered in such a perfect way. So I had the emotions of a stage director having the best, best performer to direct, and she delivered in exactly the right way.

"I'm truly joyful that she trusted me enough to give me this impeccable piece of theatre. And also, any time she wants me to just do something for her, I'll be of service all my life."

I truly love her spoken word recording on this snip. Amazing vocal actress.