Madonna to be featured on Christine and the Queens new album

proxy

No, it definitely wasn't what I expected. I would have liked a greater participation of Madonna in the song but I see that it is one more of those songs where her intervention is nothing more than simply discreet. As discreet as it was in Ciao Bella, Frozen 2022 and Material Gworll, songs where she only intervenes for a few seconds and after which I have to go through the torture of listening to the voices of those singers that if I know who they are it is "thanks" to Madonna.

Not everyone has the privilege of having a Goddess and music legend like Madonna as a guest on your song and the least these lucky ones could do is not waste this privilege and join their voices in equal participation so that the final product has a special value both for fans of the singer in question and for fans of Madonna. That is why This song will definitely not be downloaded or saved to my hard drive.

12 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

No, it definitely wasn't what I expected. I would have liked a greater participation of Madonna in the song but I see that it is one more of those songs where her intervention is nothing more than simply discreet. As discreet as it was in Ciao Bella, Frozen 2022 and Material Gworll, songs where she only intervenes for a few seconds and after which I have to go through the torture of listening to the voices of those singers that if I know who they are it is "thanks" to Madonna.

Not everyone has the privilege of having a Goddess and music legend like Madonna as a guest on your song and the least these lucky ones could do is not waste this privilege and join their voices in equal participation so that the final product has a special value both for fans of the singer in question and for fans of Madonna. That is why This song will definitely not be downloaded or saved to my hard drive.

Ciao Bella was such a missed opportunity.

Amazing production, but the male voice is the star of the show and I’m not a fan of his vocal.

Edited by BuggedOut (see edit history)

16 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Ok. 

On 4/6/2023 at 11:18 PM, Sprk said:

I got a watermarked stream of the Christine & the Queens album today. Of course I checked Madonna's tracks first: she doesn't sing on any of them, unfortunately. Interestingly, on 'I met an angel' one of the lyrics Chris sings repeatedly is 'open your heart' 😊

Thank you very much for the info

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, chaseturtle said:

So, for clarification. 

she doesn’t sing on any of the 3 tracks?

I preordered the vinyl, but not sure it’s worth it?  

Yeah that's it, she's recorded a few talking words and they've divided it and put it on three tracks. Same as Otto Von Wherner but at least she was singing on the Otto tracks 😁😂

On 5/25/2023 at 4:55 PM, chaseturtle said:

I preordered the vinyl, but not sure it’s worth it?  

I preordered the 3CDs edition long ago. I mean, it's Madonna, spoken word or singing, i don't care. She's there, i need to have it hehehehe Just a few more days to have it!!!.

On 4/6/2023 at 11:18 PM, Sprk said:

I checked Madonna's tracks first: she doesn't sing on any of them

Thanks for letting us know!!!.

• 2 weeks later...

What a great review. Compared to the previous work Redcar which was cold and austere and not well received, this seems to be a whole  other affair.

Looking forward to listening in full, although at over 90 minutes long, I guess it will take quite a while to get to know and appreciate it. In fact, now that I think about it, all of CATQ albums have taken a while to sink in...

I’m a huge Christine fan and loved loved loved everything except the Redcar album, had a couple of good songs but on the whole it was a cold mess. What I’ve heard so far from the new album it seems like a return to form. Love the 3 songs released so far. Can’t wait for my 3LP to be shipped!