M/M (Paris) on the “American Life” Cover

cosmic_system

I agree in retrospective, that the mix of the criticism of the american dream or live style or values mixed with the antiwar message was a little too much of a extravaganza for the regular people, all mixed in a videoclip with Madonna rapping about having 3 nannies and trainers, and then you find in the album Madonna mostly singing folkie songs about family values.

I mean, look at how well executed was the ROL concept of being in peace, and reborn with her daughter, and being shining like a ROL with very electronic but warm music, and the new beggining, that´s why the audiences embraced it with passion. 

I admire so much "M / M Paris" studio - Their work is amazing. 
In the "American Life" album cover - I think that Madonna wanted something with a "political poster" vibe,  very eye catching, with few colors.
I think that the photoshoot was amazing - Not a big fan of using guns to give a "peacefull" message (Personal apreciation nothing more)
I Guess that it was very brave to express what she did on that album, but we have  only 3 "Protest" kinda songs "American Life", "Hollywood" and "I'm So Stupid",  the rest of the songs are more introspective. Not to foget that the majority of songs has "negative words" all over, Nothing / Nobody - 
In this particular case, I would had named the album in other way, to have a title that encapsulates more the whole concept,  something like : MindTrappa - Nobody Knows Me - remember she wanted it to be named "EIN SOF" (that means "endelss") - 

After all it's still an incredible album

51 minutes ago, JuanSchmidl said:

I admire so much "M / M Paris" studio - Their work is amazing. 
In the "American Life" album cover - I think that Madonna wanted something with a "political poster" vibe,  very eye catching, with few colors.
I think that the photoshoot was amazing - Not a big fan of using guns to give a "peacefull" message (Personal apreciation nothing more)
I Guess that it was very brave to express what she did on that album, but we have  only 3 "Protest" kinda songs "American Life", "Hollywood" and "I'm So Stupid",  the rest of the songs are more introspective. Not to foget that the majority of songs has "negative words" all over, Nothing / Nobody - 
In this particular case, I would had named the album in other way, to have a title that encapsulates more the whole concept,  something like : MindTrappa - Nobody Knows Me - remember she wanted it to be named "EIN SOF" (that means "endelss") - 

After all it's still an incredible album

I re-imagined the cover - Something inspired in Roscharsch tests - 

American Life - Single Cover 2023 Mind Trap 01.jpg

American Life - Single Cover 2023 Mind Trap 03.jpg