MADONNA WRITING WITH MAX MARTIN

Shoful

This is all so confusing because she's going on tour shortly and I can't imagine she's gonna be able to release a typical album in titme for the tour.  But isn't the tour supposed to be based on her classics?  I wonder if this is her preparing something new for AFTER the tour.  It's pretty wild she is doing this as she's preparing for a tour.  Maybe it's just a couple of songs or it's an EP of some sorts?  Possibly he's re-working some things she's already did with others?  

13 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

Whatever she's doing, it won't be a chart hit 😭

fans need to get over the fact that 20 year olds not relating to a 65 year old woman is perfectly normal. Madonna became a massive star in her 20s, as well, when there were no 65 year old hit makers. It's perfectly normal, there is no conspiracy

6 minutes ago, androiduser said:

fans need to get over the fact that 20 year olds not relating to a 65 year old woman is perfectly normal. Madonna became a massive star in her 20s, as well, when there were no 65 year old hit makers. It's perfectly normal, there is no conspiracy

I never said there was a conspiracy.

2 hours ago, TOpher said:

We know she has a bunch of songs with Sickick done, there’s an unreleased something with Swae Lee, and now Max Martin. A new album is surely going to drop before the tour?!?

And we still have this mystery unsolved...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjgQC09AbRU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Perhaps there's a new album planned for after the tour ends in 2024 and she's been chipping away at it bit by but for a while. She could potentially release a new track from it for her 65th birthday or something like that, and then drip feed a couple more before it comes out in summer '24 (if that's the plan)...

Either way, a good way to drum up some attention. Although, I shall remain cautious until I hear something, I still have PTSD from when I learned she was working with Pharell in 2007 (when he was in his prime) and we got Hey You.

18 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I’m sure whatever they record together will be refreshing, but please, get the marketing correct! No more releasing singles on a Tuesday!

Better marketing has to go beyond when the song is released.  The song can be stellar, and if it doesn't get pushed hard to the general public, it's just another Madonna release flying under the radar.  Then again, it depends on what sort of success fans want with this?  But I guarantee you, unless it's a huge hit and playing on radio, some fans will write it off as she's "chasing trends" and writing more crap for the youngsters. 

19 minutes ago, tscott said:

But I guarantee you, unless it's a huge hit and playing on radio, some fans will write it off as she's "chasing trends" and writing more crap for the youngsters. 

if it's a classic Madonna pop dance track, she won't be accused of chasing trends... if it's, again, a mess with "hip" "young" rappers, well.... then it won't be a hit, because this has never worked for her, and it's time to give up chasing trends

3 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

I wouldn't count on any new album before and during the tour or she could never promote it properly during a Greatest hits celebration. I would love a huge banger though like the Celebration song that ranks for me amongst her very best. We need one such song for this decade. 

Yeah, I have a feeling, she may be working on something for after the tour.  Maybe she will pull out one new song to start the promotion for the new work.  The tour might be a good way to expose the public to a new song and get them on board in supporting it. 

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

if it's a classic Madonna pop dance track, she won't be accused of chasing trends... if it's, again, a mess with "hip" "young" rappers, well.... then it won't be a hit, because this has never worked for her, and it's time to give up chasing trends

Max Martin isn’t really a “trend” anyway. His work spreads over decades across many different sounds.