MADONNA WRITING WITH MAX MARTIN

Shoful

26 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Max Martin isn’t really a “trend” anyway. His work spreads over decades across many different sounds.

I agree, but who are we fooling? The moment the song is released and it doesn't make a big splash, fans will start saying, "she is chasing trends", "she jumped on the band wagon too late", " she's trying to appeal to the tik tok fans/younger generation or crappy radio trends" or "it sounds too much like (insert another pop song he produced)... and the list goes on.  Some can't face that, it's not because she hasn't produce quality work, it's because the general public isn't hip to a 65 year old pop star.  Radio ain't going to play her no matter who she gets to produce her music.  That has been proven for the last several albums. She's worked with a number of producers and artists who produced big songs that were very successful at the time of their collaboration.

It's been a couple years since he's produced a huge hit for anyone.  But maybe he and her together can produce something big for both of them.  And at the end of the day, I have faith that both of them could produce something quite good, even if it doesn't become a huge success.   

I don't know, I remember having seen her in the studio quite often in the last months ... I'm still positive about a good EP or collection with two or three new tracks (and maybe a pair more, available with some kind of deluxe format). She's gonna release something before the tour, may or more probably june, I'm 100% sure about this. And in June we're gonna have the collabs with Christine and the Queens (wich Drowned Madonna hinted could also be used to promo the album release as a single, earlier than June).

2 hours ago, tscott said:

I agree, but who are we fooling? The moment the song is released and it doesn't make a big splash, fans will start saying, "she is chasing trends", "she jumped on the band wagon too late", " she's trying to appeal to the tik tok fans/younger generation or crappy radio trends" or "it sounds too much like (insert another pop song he produced)... and the list goes on.  Some can't face that, it's not because she hasn't produce quality work, it's because the general public isn't hip to a 65 year old pop star.  Radio ain't going to play her no matter who she gets to produce her music.  That has been proven for the last several albums. She's worked with a number of producers and artists who produced big songs that were very successful at the time of their collaboration.

It's been a couple years since he's produced a huge hit for anyone.  But maybe he and her together can produce something big for both of them.  And at the end of the day, I have faith that both of them could produce something quite good, even if it doesn't become a huge success.   

Max Martin isn't a trend though. He literally changes with the musical landscape. Am I Ready by Lizzo is basically the only Lizzo song that doesnt wanna make me punch myself in the face with her. 

8 minutes ago, blondebenji said:

Im hoping for an album.  EP's just dont have any longevity. Imagine if she shocked us all and dropped an album day 1 of the tour. It certainly has been a long time since MX

I would want an album too, but how much sense does it make to release an album and then not sing those songs on tour cuz you're singing your Greatest Hits as advertised. That would be weird. 

I don’t recall Madonna ever saying that she wouldn't include any new material on her tour, and so that’s not off the table. That said, maybe she’s doing studio versions of arrangements for the tour and she decided Max would be great at putting a new pop spin on her classics? 

There’s really no formula for Madonna to follow anymore. The industry has no rules, especially not for a female pop icon who is no longer young. Madonna has managed to stay modern in so many ways, but it all seems quite abstract at this point! I love the idea of her giving the public some pure pop, and personally I loved it when she gave us GMAYL! With stronger hooks and lyrical content I still believe Madonna can have a major hit. 

I'm not sure if she would but I see no reason why she couldn't squeeze in three or maybe four new tracks into a setlist otherwise filled with hit after hit. It probably would be the best promotion for it as I can totally see people picking up that album after the show is over (exclusive tour version merch team please) I think M touring on the back of a new album at this moment is quite unlikely but on the other hand a total surrender into being a legacy act like U2 doesn't seem to fit her MO either

His credits are impressive. The only songs by Taylor Swift that i know (Shake It Off, Never coming back together and bad blood) were cowritten by him and lately he cowrote Stupid Love (Gaga Grande), Blinding Lights (Weeknd) and supermodel (Maneskin)...We don't know who's gonna produce yet but at least w'll have better lyrics than some clunky ones from Madame X (which i adore). She means business. She can totally drop an album or an EP while on tour. And she says decades not greatest hits ^^ otherwise she could not do Candy Shop.

6 hours ago, tscott said:

Who cares what they say. I think it shows way more promise than any of the other collabs of recent years. Expecting a hit maybe unrealistic but some music that generates some positive buzz for her would be great. We haven’t really seen that since Bitch I’m Madonna.

26 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Who cares what they say. I think it shows way more promise than any of the other collabs of recent years. Expecting a hit maybe unrealistic but some music that generates some positive buzz for her would be great. We haven’t really seen that since Bitch I’m Madonna.

It won't be hard to come up with something better than Bitch I'm Madonna 

Why everyone here is talking about a greatest hits release? It doesn't make any sense in 2023 having the Celebration one, wich is her most streamed album on platforms, and basically having Finally Enough Love less thay one year ago and still charting on some countries. Can we move on please? Thanks. 

She can release singles here and there on Spotify, like she was testing with the Frozen vs Sickick, Hung Up on Tokischa etc. And if they have good numbers, puting them all together on a new album with other new tracks! 

The only thing that I'm a little affraid is the eternal hype... nothing happened with Swae Lee, or Honey Dijon etc after posting online a lot about those sessions. And now the same, for her #soon can be 2 years or even more.