MADONNA WRITING WITH MAX MARTIN

Shoful

11 minutes ago, Lucky90210 said:

Yeah but it's not in the title and that's what matters. I think it's a celebration of her career not just her hits. It's all promo. Let's face it she's going to play non hits to fit a theme and a few new songs. It's Madonna she never plays by the rules.

Completely agree with you. To me this is obvious. They are trying to sell tickets and allude to “hits”. It’s just going to be the normal tour she always does with a new album. But the cool thing is she is playing songs from all four decades. I think she will finally do justice for Rescue Me and This Used To Be My Playground.

12 minutes ago, Curator said:

It actually does:

Amy Schumer: "I dare you to do a world tour and play your greatest motherfucking hits.”

madonna.com 'Amy Schumer daring the global superstar to go on tour and perform her four decades of mega hits'

Livenation: 'The Celebration Tour will feature four decades of greatest hits'

Many of M albums have included a sticker pointing out "Hits" that had not even been released as singles yet. It is not unreasonable to think that she can release a brand new studio album and add only 2 or 3 new songs from it to the tour. As an example, Re-invention Tour was certainly a greatest hits tour and she only sang 4 songs from her previous studio album (plus Die Another Day and Hollywood remix interlude...)

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

rebel-heart-cover_standard.jpg

(Beat Goes On :Madonna038:)

2 minutes ago, Bermu said:

Many of M albums have included a sticker pointing out "Hits" that had not even been released as singles yet. It is not unreasonable to think that she can release a brand new studio album and add only 2 or 3 new songs from it to the tour. As an example, Re-invention Tour was certainly a greatest hits tour and she only sang 4 songs from her previous studio album (plus Die Another Day and Hollywood remix interlude...)

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Should say, “Candy Shop”. Hahaha

36 minutes ago, Bermu said:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

“ThE SticKy ANd SWeET album” :Madonna005:

1 hour ago, Curator said:

It actually does:

Amy Schumer: "I dare you to do a world tour and play your greatest motherfucking hits.”

madonna.com 'Amy Schumer daring the global superstar to go on tour and perform her four decades of mega hits'

Livenation: 'The Celebration Tour will feature four decades of greatest hits'

Yea I’ll be gobsmacked if this show is anything other than a Greatest Hits show. Even the imagery screams nostalgia. 
“Four decades of mega hits”, and “greatest motherfucking hits” sounds like greatest hits to me - hence the high ticket sales. 

Edited by Daxkoba (see edit history)

On 3/20/2023 at 3:12 PM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I had no idea who he was so looked him up, this motherfucking man wrote Britney Spears’ ...Baby One More Time, Backstreet Boys’ I Want It That Way, 00s pop-rock bangers Kelly Clarkson’s Since U Been Gone, P!nk’s So What and sleek neo-disco tracks from the last decade The Weeknd’s Can’t Feel My Face, Justin Timberlake’s Can’t Stop the Feeling!.

Oh and when Taylor Swift was making her first proper pop album, 2014’s 1989, after starting her career as a country artist, she recruited Martin as her main collaborator. 

Ace of Base gave Max his career. He worked under Denniz Pop and the Cheiron Studios team in Sweden. 

Max doesn’t equal disco music. He’s done plenty of genres including rock. 

16 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

She said she's writing

Writing could mean anything, but it was only meant as a floating idea that she might not be making new music. We know nothing, and so I was presenting alternatives. It is clearly more than likely that she has recorded a new album of material considering all the people she has worked with since 2019. At this rate, this is the longest we will have ever waited for a new album. 

22 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

Not sure Ace of Base is much to brag about in 2023, we all know what The Sign was now lol

What do you mean ?! Ace of base is a legendary band, at least in Europe, their music was amazing and as soon as i spin All that she wants the crowd reaction is instantly amazing. Still works wonder in 2023.

9 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

i don't know what u guys talkin about 

but Weeknd s "Dawn FM" is really great record

and Max was a part almost on every track on it 

:dance:

Remember when she was in the studio with Abel (The Weekend) and his manager back in late 2021 (or was it 2021) and we all thought she was making music with him, but it turned out she was just buying his house? Did they maybe talk about making music together and in the end she just decided to go straight to Max for that kind of nostalgia-synth sound. Maybe she concluded Max was the reason the album sounded like it did and not Abel's writing talent. Food for thought.

11 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

Remember when she was in the studio with Abel (The Weekend) and his manager back in late 2021 (or was it 2021) and we all thought she was making music with him, but it turned out she was just buying his house? Did they maybe talk about making music together and in the end she just decided to go straight to Max for that kind of nostalgia-synth sound. Maybe she concluded Max was the reason the album sounded like it did and not Abel's writing talent. Food for thought.

well maybe it was also meeting for Ahlamalik career as a rapper :Madonna003:

i doubt there was any music conversation about Madonna music

and i think  Abel can create that nostalgia-synth sound since it sound nothing like Martin has done with others before and Abel write and compose his music since beginning 

17 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Max Martin isn't a trend though. He literally changes with the musical landscape. Am I Ready by Lizzo is basically the only Lizzo song that doesnt wanna make me punch myself in the face with her. 

13 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Who cares what they say. I think it shows way more promise than any of the other collabs of recent years. Expecting a hit maybe unrealistic but some music that generates some positive buzz for her would be great. We haven’t really seen that since Bitch I’m Madonna.

Totally agree that he isn't just a trend.  I'm excited that he and she are writing together.  I like much of what he's produced. I'm just not convince he will be the one to bring her success with it.  And with that, I'm preparing myself for the onslaught of posts by some who will say those things like, "she's followed another trend" or "trying to appeal to the younger generation and so on.  I think it's ridiculous because I know that whatever they produce whether it's good or bad, it ain't getting radio play. It ain't gonna hit top 40.  i'm fine with it, but you know the meltdowns will happen. 

I also agree this could generate positive buzz for her as well for him as it brings an iconic producer of dozen's of number one hits together with an iconic superstar.  And what a perfect team as I think both him and her "change with the musical landscape". 

On 3/20/2023 at 2:12 PM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I had no idea who he was so looked him up, this motherfucking man wrote Britney Spears’ ...Baby One More Time, Backstreet Boys’ I Want It That Way, 00s pop-rock bangers Kelly Clarkson’s Since U Been Gone, P!nk’s So What and sleek neo-disco tracks from the last decade The Weeknd’s Can’t Feel My Face, Justin Timberlake’s Can’t Stop the Feeling!.

Oh and when Taylor Swift was making her first proper pop album, 2014’s 1989, after starting her career as a country artist, she recruited Martin as her main collaborator. 

You forgot to mention that he also produced a song for superstar Christina Aguilera: "Your Body" that many must have heard back in 2012.

To be honest I'd rather Madonna work with Patrick Leonard or Shep Pettibone again. That would make me happier and I would be sure that both the creation process and the final product would be successful since they are great friends and the chemistry they have is indisputable and we can see it in the musical jewels they managed to create together. And why don't I think the same or do I have certain doubts about this collaboration between Madonna and Max Martin? Because each one of them comes with their personal egos: Madonna comes with the ego of being a musical legend and of being the best female artist of all time, and Max of being one of the most important producers on the music scene, so from now on I envision a fight between egos where everyone will try to impose their ideas and this can lead to the final product not being as perfect as it should be. Hopefully time will prove me wrong but if I had the power to choose I would definitely choose the first mentioned producers.