MADONNA WRITING WITH MAX MARTIN

Shoful

Weren't there rumors in 2020 that Madonna had worked on some songs with Patrick Leonard, and was reworking them with someone else? Imagine if she is releasing them after all and Max Martin is cleaning them up/adding another song. 

The Leonard rumors seemed so weird and unlikely back then, but that was before the greatest hits tour was announced. Now it kinda makes sense. We know for sure that she is working on music and has been for a long time. I think she's gonna drop the bomb in a few months 

7 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

You forgot to mention that he also produced a song for superstar Christina Aguilera: "Your Body" that many must have heard back in 2012.

To be honest I'd rather Madonna work with Patrick Leonard or Shep Pettibone again. That would make me happier and I would be sure that both the creation process and the final product would be successful since they are great friends and the chemistry they have is indisputable and we can see it in the musical jewels they managed to create together. And why don't I think the same or do I have certain doubts about this collaboration between Madonna and Max Martin? Because each one of them comes with their personal egos: Madonna comes with the ego of being a musical legend and of being the best female artist of all time, and Max of being one of the most important producers on the music scene, so from now on I envision a fight between egos where everyone will try to impose their ideas and this can lead to the final product not being as perfect as it should be. Hopefully time will prove me wrong but if I had the power to choose I would definitely choose the first mentioned producers.

we can only hope that Max Martin is used to dealing with oversized egos given the large list of artists he has worked with. Madonna can be docile with some too (ex. Pharell Williams)

Max is melody and hooks. Which is something many artists move away from ad they move into the artistic arc of their career, not entirely obviously but soundscapes, subject matter and vibe become more dominant for most or they just lose the ability to deliver great top lines and hooks. 

She’s just had a really avante-garde experimental phase. It’s clear this time around she is going for accessible. It’s exactly the right move.

accessiblen pop dance album

bolster her live legacy with a greatest hits tour (which will be the hits, no one is forcing her to do this)

Her back catalogue on streaming,

Her videos in HD

Her albums reduxed 

and a biopic that may or may not come, but the groundwork is laid and the script is in her hands. 

This is it guys this is the final heave ho legacy wise with this much being thrown at it. Let’s just enjoy the ride. 

On 3/20/2023 at 11:14 PM, Enrico said:

She's probably already tired of singing the old hits, so she finally decided to go back on studio and have something new to perform  :laughing:

After all I'm Breathless (the so called soundtrack lol) was released during BAT and she sang 4 songs on tour.

I know this is off topic, but I'm Breathless does not get the love it deserves. It has an Oscar winning song and a double platinum single on it, for god's sake! (I know I'm preaching to the choir here.)

19 hours ago, Lucky90210 said:

Yeah but it's not in the title and that's what matters. I think it's a celebration of her career not just her hits. It's all promo. Let's face it she's going to play non hits to fit a theme and a few new songs. It's Madonna she never plays by the rules.

Of course she'll do whatever she wants, she always does. She's renowned for it. A few new songs, a few non hits? Fine. A new album tour with a few hits and old album tracks sprinkled in? Not fine. That's just a standard Madonna tour. Being serious, a greatest hits tour doesn't need to have 'greatest hits' in the title. But this tour does need to be predominately hits. That's what it's been sold as, that's why the sales have gone so well, that's why the prices have sky rocketed in some countries - there will be outrage from the general public if she tries to tour an album of obscure songs or new material. 

19 hours ago, Bermu said:

Many of M albums have included a sticker pointing out "Hits" that had not even been released as singles yet. It is not unreasonable to think that she can release a brand new studio album and add only 2 or 3 new songs from it to the tour. As an example, Re-invention Tour was certainly a greatest hits tour and she only sang 4 songs from her previous studio album (plus Die Another Day and Hollywood remix interlude...)

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

rebel-heart-cover_standard.jpg

(Beat Goes On :Madonna038:)

Kind of like comparing apples with oranges though. Hype stickers vs tour promo. 

If you look at the stickers, only 3 songs are referred to as hits:

Frozen - which was already a hit when ROL album was released

Ray of Light - not technically a hit at that point as it wasn't released until after ROL album. A no-brainer nonetheless that it would chart. She was on fire in '98 and the single went straight to number one when it was released (in the UK at least). 

4 Minutes - was already a hit when the HC was released

The other just say Features or Featuring. 

10 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Weren't there rumors in 2020 that Madonna had worked on some songs with Patrick Leonard, and was reworking them with someone else? Imagine if she is releasing them after all and Max Martin is cleaning them up/adding another song. 

The Leonard rumors seemed so weird and unlikely back then, but that was before the greatest hits tour was announced. Now it kinda makes sense. We know for sure that she is working on music and has been for a long time. I think she's gonna drop the bomb in a few months 

Agree

1 hour ago, Curator said:

Of course she'll do whatever she wants, she always does. She's renowned for it. A few new songs, a few non hits? Fine. A new album tour with a few hits and old album tracks sprinkled in? Not fine. That's just a standard Madonna tour. Being serious, a greatest hits tour doesn't need to have 'greatest hits' in the title. But this tour does need to be predominately hits. That's what it's been sold as, that's why the sales have gone so well, that's why the prices have sky rocketed in some countries - there will be outrage from the general public if she tries to tour an album of obscure songs or new material. 

What if Celebration is a three-hour and fifteen minutes concert extravaganza like Taylor Swift's Eras ? That would give plenty of time for old, older, newer and new material.

27 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

What if Celebration is a three-hour and fifteen minutes concert extravaganza like Taylor Swift's Eras ? That would give plenty of time for old, older, newer and new material.

I would love that! But I think her window for 3hrs+ concerts has closed. That bird has flown. 

Would be cool though. 

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

A "Celebration" (compilation) reissue/updated version in time for the tour, even if it's only on digital, with a new single or a couple of new songs, is a no-brainer, really...

I'd love it if it were true. I honestly don't believe she's been in the studio recording a lot of "new" music.  I think a lot of what we've seen in the past are the updated mixes.  Though, we do know Sickick claimed they worked on new and original music.  But that was very short lived.  But it's possible she's recorded a couple new songs to do what you hoped. Other than that, maybe an EP, so she may have a couple new songs to perform as well. With the tour going on, and people hear the new song, they may be more prone to search it out, stream it, buy it or what not. 

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

Please we do not want a 3+ hour concert. We just want her to come out on time and sing well and not get injured. Best to keep it shorter since she’s doing a lot of back to back to back shows

Who is "we"?  Speak for yourself.  Will she do a 3+ Hour concert. Not a chance, but don't assume just because you and few here don't care for something it applies to "we" the whole base.  Remember, the fan base is quite diverse. But I do agree that with her doing back to back shows, it's probably not best for her to have shows that long. Her voice wouldn't by up for it.  Taylor is doing a couple shows a week with time in between those shows.

57 minutes ago, tscott said:

Who is "we"?  Speak for yourself.  Will she do a 3+ Hour concert. Not a chance, but don't assume just because you and few here don't care for something it applies to "we" the whole base.  Remember, the fan base is quite diverse. But I do agree that with her doing back to back shows, it's probably not best for her to have shows that long. Her voice wouldn't by up for it.  Taylor is doing a couple shows a week with time in between those shows.

5298F51D-B0F2-41B7-99A2-F2B5D62416FE.jpeg.ab55464e8de5ae43df4ea793e610819b.jpeg

14 hours ago, Prayer said:

A "Celebration" (compilation) reissue/updated version in time for the tour, even if it's only on digital, with a new single or a couple of new songs, is a no-brainer, really...

That is a great idea. Celebration re-booted with a 3rd bonus "disc" including some of the hits left off, the recent remixes plus a few new songs. With a big vinyl box set for collectors.