MADONNA WRITING WITH MAX MARTIN

Shoful

1 hour ago, Sultrysully said:

Madame X was Urbandonna?  MDNA was Urbanadonna? Rebel Heart was Urbandonna?   I am confused.

The last urbadonna I remember was Hard Candy in terms of an album. The the remix singles of the last couple years were extremely urban (frozen, material girl, hung up). thank heavens we got a short break from urban with sorry. 

I doubt she's releasing a new album before the tour. I can't imagine her managing rehearsals for the tour and learning choreography and everything while still making new music. I know she is capable since she did MDNA when she also did W.E and rehearsed for the tour and Super Bowl, but that's overkill. I do think she'll give us the dance/house album she hinted a while ago but later.

She might release a song or two before the tour. I do think since she's released her remix compilation album last year, she's going to release another compilation album like Celebration to celebrate her 40 years. That seems more realistic and it makes sense with the concept for this tour. I can see her performing them at her tour, too.

Madonna's been there and done that. Every album is a different genre. She gave us 80's pop, pop-rock, dance, jazz, swing, (deep) house, R&B, hip-hop, world, electronic(a), folktronica, musicals, ballads, disco, EDM, trap, Latin, art pop, etc. I'm surprised but not surprised she's collaborating with Max. I think she's at a point in her life where she did everything and is just doing things for the fun of it hence her new remakes of Frozen, Material Girl, Vogue, and Hung Up. I do wonder and think she might re-release old classic singles and remix them with new artists like a tribute/collaboration. 

Sure, he's mainstream and the top-40 producer, but she's also collaborated with Timbaland, Pharrell, Avicii, Diplo, and other mainstream producers. She is here to stay, and it's not like she is trying to get a hit. Whether or not her songs make the top 40, she isn't going anywhere, and she has no one to prove. I think she's just enjoying herself now. She paved the way, and if anything, it's just full circle that she continues to reinvent herself and carry inspiration from new, younger, and upcoming generations/trends/sounds that she inspired herself. It's also a smart business move to keep up to date to gain attraction from younger folks with TikTok and IG with her posts/sped up songs, and songs being less than 3 minutes. 

21 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Maybe new Celebration 2? 😂😂😂 I know it’s confusing but I just can’t believe she’s releasing new studio album while preparing to go on a GH tour… 

I have to agree.  It's either:

1. She's creating an EP to have a few new songs for the tour

2. A stand alone single to compliment the tour

3.  Re-issue of Celebration compilation with a couple new songs

4. A new album for AFTER the tour and possibly she's using the tour to introduce a song or two that may come from it.

We have to remember Madonna said it herself she has to find new ways to get her new music across to people.  Her tours are about the anything anymore that gets people interested.  Also, I don't think she's as committed as the fans are, to the idea that this is strictly a "Greatest Hits" tour.  Sure, it's the premise, but she's always been known to do unconventional things.  I can see her using this tour as a vehicle for new music too. 

3 minutes ago, tscott said:

I have to agree.  It's either:

1. She's creating an EP to have a few new songs for the tour

2. A stand alone single to compliment the tour

3.  Re-issue of Celebration compilation with a couple new songs

4. A new album for AFTER the tour and possibly she's using the tour to introduce a song or two that may come from it.

We have to remember Madonna said it herself she has to find new ways to get her new music across to people.  Her tours are about the anything anymore that gets people interested.  Also, I don't think she's as committed as the fans are, to the idea that this is strictly a "Greatest Hits" tour.  Sure, it's the premise, but she's always been known to do unconventional things.  I can see her using this tour as a vehicle for new music too. 

As i said a couple of weeks ago, there's no way Madonna is going to perform like 100 shows, almost every nights for months with just old songs. That idea would kill her. She hates greatest hits as much as she hates performing old tracks of hers. I bet everything you want the only way for her to get through this is to find a way to blend new music into this, one way or another. She won't find solid excitment in performing old stuff only. Mark my words.

5 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

That’s what I tonight it was called. What’s the new name for it now? Hip hop? Sorry, I’m old.

When I think Urban I think of it as an umbrella term for R&B, Hip Hop, Rap, Trap. So Hard Candy and Rebel Heart were definitely more urban in terms of those sounds and aesthetics. But all these sounds are very much integrated into much of our pop music soundscape so those musical elements have definitely moved beyond that umbrella of urban. 

13 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

As i said a couple of weeks ago, there's no way Madonna is going to perform like 100 shows, almost every nights for months with just old songs. That idea would kill her. She hates greatest hits as much as she hates performing old tracks of hers. I bet everything you want the only way for her to get through this is to find a way to blend new music into this, one way or another. She won't find solid excitment in performing old stuff only. Mark my words.

Totally agree.  There is no way she is going to let this opportunity pass without including something new, even if it's a couple of songs.  The tour is a great way to promote them and may actually entice people to buy the new songs as well. 

I think what is a little surprising is how she's in the middle of putting this tour together and she's able to find time to go into the studio separately from what she normally does for the tour, for new music.  But then again it's still nearly three months out still.  I'm sure she is trying to get as much done now, because by May and June she will be in full force rehearsal mode.

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

She also hated the term ‘re-invention’ and we got a world tour with that name.

It’s been 14 years since Celebration came out. GHV2 came out 11 years after Immaculate.

I doubt we will get a new compilation with a new name, but a re-release of Celebration with actual single versions and some new songs might be possible.

13 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

It’s been 14 years since Celebration came out. GHV2 came out 11 years after Immaculate.

I doubt we will get a new compilation with a new name, but a re-release of Celebration with actual single versions and some new songs might be possible.

I've always thought an expanded edition of Celebration with a third disc containing fan favourites, deep cuts and tracks omitted from the original 2 disc release would work well

16 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

2 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I've always thought an expanded edition of Celebration with a third disc containing fan favourites, deep cuts and tracks omitted from the original 2 disc release would work well

Everything is possible at this point and you could be right as well. I'm just sure new music (maybe just a couple of tracks) will be part of whatever plan she has in mind. Time will tell but all of this is exciting !

On 3/22/2023 at 10:07 AM, Curator said:

Of course she'll do whatever she wants, she always does. She's renowned for it. A few new songs, a few non hits? Fine. A new album tour with a few hits and old album tracks sprinkled in? Not fine. That's just a standard Madonna tour. Being serious, a greatest hits tour doesn't need to have 'greatest hits' in the title. But this tour does need to be predominately hits. That's what it's been sold as, that's why the sales have gone so well, that's why the prices have sky rocketed in some countries - there will be outrage from the general public if she tries to tour an album of obscure songs or new material. 

Yeah that would be fucked up. She is definitely going to do mostly hits. I think that a few random tracks and a few new songs will be included. I feel she is working with Max Martin because her new music has to blend with her catalogue of hits which are mostly pop dance and pop ballads