MADONNA WRITING WITH MAX MARTIN

Shoful

On 4/11/2023 at 12:08 PM, Askeroff said:

just read it on ATRL 

"A fan who spoke to Max said it’s gone be 80’s sounding"

:Madonna001:

Her exact words:

“I also congratulated him for working with my childhood idol Madonna and told him how excited I was about this dream collaboration. He told me I should like the song if I was into her '80s music.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqdjQ9Utdnb/

13 minutes ago, Alm47 said:

Her exact words:

“I also congratulated him for working with my childhood idol Madonna and told him how excited I was about this dream collaboration. He told me I should like the song if I was into her '80s music.”

So this is definitely a new song.  How exciting.  Assuming this may be something nostalgic but new to go along with the tour and her celebrating her 40 years.  :party:

7 hours ago, Alm47 said:

Her exact words:

THE song. Ok it's just one song with him then... I still hope for an album, maybe with different producers then...

We should like the song if we are into her 80's music ; sounds very promising cause actually 95% of the planet loves 80's Madonna music.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Guys it was always clear to me she wanted to work with him because of The Weeknd songs and not Baby One More Time.

Not totally impossible, but I suspect management or Warner pushed it on her. Her pattern is usually to work with less known producers than not.  Timbaland, Babyface, Pharell Williams and Avicii seem more like producers pushed on to her. I suspect Nile Rogers was strongly suggested to her as well.  But in most of these cases, I'm sure she decided to work with them because she felt their influence would help make her music more acceptable among the general public.  It worked with Nile Rogers and somewhat with Timberland/Timberlake and Babyface.

I can’t tolerate The Weeknd.

Didn’t he go on a rampage complaining about no Grammy nominations and the world stood up for him?

Now imagine if M did that. The world would’ve torn her apart.

He is too far up his own arsehole and I can’t stand people like that.

I do like that Blinding Lights song, tho.

The Weekend  was totally right about the whole Grammy shit. His albums are absolutely amazing (since day 1). 

7 hours ago, tscott said:

Not totally impossible, but I suspect management or Warner pushed it on her. Her pattern is usually to work with less known producers than not.  Timbaland, Babyface, Pharell Williams and Avicii seem more like producers pushed on to her. I suspect Nile Rogers was strongly suggested to her as well.  But in most of these cases, I'm sure she decided to work with them because she felt their influence would help make her music more acceptable among the general public.  It worked with Nile Rogers and somewhat with Timberland/Timberlake and Babyface.

Well she always said the wanted to work with Timbaland and and Pharell because she was obsessed with Britney and Justin back then, just like she was obsessed with a certain sound before Ray Of Ligtht. How true who knows, she always said she wanted to work with Dr Dre and stuff. I really believe at this point in time she’s just doing what she wants, Madame X is a clear example. 

Drownedmadonna on FB.

'Instagram user @pitonamorosa had a chat with none other than Max Martin, the legendary music producer. And guess what? He spilled some tea about the song he wrote with Madonna! @pitonamorosa got to meet Max in London at the last West End performance of his musical "&Juliet" in late March. During their conversation, she congratulated him on working with her childhood idol, Madonna, and expressed her excitement about their “dream collaboration.” According to @pitonamorosa, Max Martin revealed, "You should like the song if you were into Madonna's '80s music." '

2 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Drownedmadonna on FB.

'Instagram user @pitonamorosa had a chat with none other than Max Martin, the legendary music producer. And guess what? He spilled some tea about the song he wrote with Madonna! @pitonamorosa got to meet Max in London at the last West End performance of his musical "&Juliet" in late March. During their conversation, she congratulated him on working with her childhood idol, Madonna, and expressed her excitement about their “dream collaboration.” According to @pitonamorosa, Max Martin revealed, "You should like the song if you were into Madonna's '80s music." '

Ok but WHEN ???? for God's sake !!!

1 hour ago, Danton said:

Ok but WHEN ???? for God's sake !!!

Well they just collaborated, so I imagine if she likes the outcome, she has plans to release it to coincide with the tour, unless she's planning to release something new later in the year. Or maybe it's for a compilation.  Just need to be patient to see how this all plays out.

31 minutes ago, tscott said:

Or maybe it's for a compilation

Definitely a compilation. She doesn't have time and head to make a whole new album, and we should be aware of that.

That song will be a tribute to 40 years of her career, which began in 80s -  hence 80s like sounding. 

46 minutes ago, tscott said:

Just need to be patient to see how this all plays out.

Yes and not thinking about that too much, about reissues and songs. Instead of waiting, praying, burning, hoping and yearning let's do something else. Like reading books, drawing, writing or playing games. New Zelda came out, just get it I highly recommend it. 🤩

2 minutes ago, Kacper said:

Definitely a compilation. She doesn't have time and head to make a whole new album, and we should be aware of that.

That song will be a tribute to 40 years of her career, which began in 80s -  hence 80s like sounding. 

Yes and not thinking about that too much, about reissues and songs. Instead of waiting, praying, burning, hoping and yearning let's do something else. Like reading books, drawing, writing or playing games. New Zelda came out, just get it I highly recommend it. 🤩

Well Madonna may play a big role in my entertainment in my life, but I have many many other interests as well.  I try not to take it all so seriously.  Getting upset and thinking her career is about to implode every time something doesn't go our way seems silly to me.  I always want the best for her, but some expectations are totally unrealistic. 

10 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

The Weekend  was totally right about the whole Grammy shit. His albums are absolutely amazing (since day 1). 

Well she always said the wanted to work with Timbaland and and Pharell because she was obsessed with Britney and Justin back then, just like she was obsessed with a certain sound before Ray Of Ligtht. How true who knows, she always said she wanted to work with Dr Dre and stuff. I really believe at this point in time she’s just doing what she wants, Madame X is a clear example. 

Amazing albums don’t give you the right to be a wet arsehole.

34 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

He did nothing to me, I’m here for the music and not the person. 

I totally get this.  I enjoy his music, but really have no interest beyond that.  But at the same time, for an artist like Madonna, I've been stanning way too long, not to be more personally interested in her.  I think it all depends on how much of an influence that artist has on you, and the interest you have in the artist.  I enjoy her beyond her music.  She may not be a good actress, but more than not, I still enjoyed the majority of her films.  All in all, I've enjoyed her as an entertainer, not just a musician. And I admit, I do enjoy hearing what she's doing in her personal life.  But just as a spectator.  And while I may not agree with all her choices in life, it's left as that. I don't pretend to know her personally, nor do I feel the need to judge her for her life choices.  She fascinates me and I enjoy following her journey in her life.  I don't think there's anything wrong with that, unless one is so obsessed they start hanging outside her homes or stalking her every move.  LOL! :laughing:

23 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Of course no. It would be all over the forum if there was a real news about it. 

True just seems like forever getting info on this. I don’t think M would drag MM into the studio to record a song to not release it in the end.

11 hours ago, xavier said:

True just seems like forever getting info on this. I don’t think M would drag MM into the studio to record a song to not release it in the end.

I highly doubt she "dragged" him.  I'm betting Madonna was encouraged to work with him by either Warner or her management.  After all, Max Martin has produced hits nearly for everyone out there and has been doing it for over 3 decades.  One could say this is her last ditch effort in trying to score another big song or hit.  On the other side,  many can say, it's her jumping on the bandwagon a bit too late.  I'm still all for it, because more than not, I like many of the songs he produced over the years. I only hope if Warner and/or her management strongly persuaded her into working with him, they will do whatever they need to do, to get the song heard, especially on radio.  But I won't hold my breath on that.