MADONNA WRITING WITH MAX MARTIN

Shoful

10 hours ago, deathproof said:

I doubt Warner or management pushed her to work with Max.

I think Warner did suggest she work with him. Ultimately, I'm sure she can say no, but the record company does have influence. Just look at after COADF they wanted her to sound urban and suggested she team up with Timbaland for Hard Candy. Because of her star level, they obviously can't force her to do it like they would a new pop star.

Ultimately, if she doesn't like the results of a studio collab, I'm sure she can decline to proceed and they'll seek a new producer. Similar to the early development of the Ray of Light album which started off very R&B sounding in the early demos

21 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

I think Warner did suggest she work with him. Ultimately, I'm sure she can say no, but the record company does have influence. Just look at after COADF they wanted her to sound urban and suggested she team up with Timbaland for Hard Candy. Because of her star level, they obviously can't force her to do it like they would a new pop star.

Ultimately, if she doesn't like the results of a studio collab, I'm sure she can decline to proceed and they'll seek a new producer. Similar to the early development of the Ray of Light album which started off very R&B sounding in the early demos

"Push" might be a bit of a stretch, but I agree that her management or Warners probably suggested to work with Martin.  He's more what she considers "bandcamp" than others she prefer to work with.  At the same time, she knows that he may be a way to connect with a general audience that could score her a hit.  Let's face it, her fan base isn't cutting it.  They are too cut throat and stuck to certain eras of her career.  Meanwhile, she's willing to move on with her musical journey.  It's only lately, she knows that she needs to pay some attention to her catalog and I suspect maybe her connection with Max Martin is to produce something 80's sounding, but allowing it to be fresh.  No one "pushes" Madonna.  She does what she wants, so even if she is encouraged to work with cookie cutter producers, she still makes the decision if it's worth a release or not.  Not always will she be on target with her choices, but she didn't get 40 years into her career and still be someone even Max Martin and others want to work with.

14 hours ago, tscott said:

I highly doubt she "dragged" him.  I'm betting Madonna was encouraged to work with him by either Warner or her management.  After all, Max Martin has produced hits nearly for everyone out there and has been doing it for over 3 decades.  One could say this is her last ditch effort in trying to score another big song or hit.  On the other side,  many can say, it's her jumping on the bandwagon a bit too late.  I'm still all for it, because more than not, I like many of the songs he produced over the years. I only hope if Warner and/or her management strongly persuaded her into working with him, they will do whatever they need to do, to get the song heard, especially on radio.  But I won't hold my breath on that.

I didt mean ‘dragged’ him in that way. Just she went in with him, must be serious 

4 hours ago, scion said:

I’m not. I want the retrospective era to be maximised. New music, meh. Let’s relish in a 40 year history while we can! 

I'm not expecting a new album of songs, but I have a feeling she has a new song specifically for the tour that she will unveil soon if not premiere it on tour.  Would be a cool idea for her at some point in the show introduce a new song, stating the studio version is available on all digital and streaming platforms.

21 hours ago, Danton said:

Beautiful day to release a new single! Lily-Rose presents the Idol in Cannes tonight! If Madonna's song is the soundtrack, then it's time ... Pure fantasy on my part, I specify :o)

They have played the new track on the red carpet in Cannes !!!! It starts with M singing with an angel like voice almost acapella, the track builds up to pop/rock jam with a gospel choir growing throughout the song and electric guitar. Epic !

21 hours ago, Danton said:

Beautiful day to release a new single! Lily-Rose presents the Idol in Cannes tonight! If Madonna's song is the soundtrack, then it's time ... Pure fantasy on my part, I specify :o)

Like a Prayer is on the soundtrack apparently.

There will be more than 1 series/soundtrack though I would imagine.

It would be amazing to see that song connect with a young audience like Kate Bush did last year. If any Madonna song can do it, it’s Like a Prayer.

I sorta don't think that's possible though. Kate Bush is pretty much a recluse. Madonna uses every opportunity she can to keep her profile visible. One of things about the Kate Bush song is that, apart from being an amazing emotive song about dealing with pain, is that  young folk assumed it was a new artist or that they'd unearthed some gold of yesteryear.

Like A Prayer has always been a bit omni present really and all the modern pop girls refer to Madonna or drag her out. Beyonce, Katy, Gaga, Britney, Ari, Miley, Taylor, Nicki have all been seen on stage, screen or in pics together. 

I take all this back if a song like Live To Tell is used and becomes a streaming smash. 

In the last decade or so I really feel like Live To Tell has sunk further and further away from public consciousness and has been sleeping off radar for a very long time. It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't on a greatest hits collection tbh. I gasped when it wasn't on the one disc version of Celebration. While not indicative of her wider brand, (Groove, Vogue, Material, Virgin, Prayer), It's Madonnas greatest song.

Like A Prayer while amazing has had it flowers time and again. Live To Tell is shrouded in secrecy thematically but it is an incredible song about the power and burden of survival. That silence in the middle. Haunting and expectant. Almost an awkward unsaid silence or a taunt to the person who wronged her that something is coming. Will she break her silence? Maybe it represents a spiritual pause and reset for Madonna herself. Maybe its a musical representation of those quiet few moments in the eye of the storm after something horrific has happened to you where you're in this trance like state working out if you're still alive or what's just happened. Maybe it represents the point in her childhood when her mother died and there was just this void. Those two swoosh sounds like Angels coming to take her mothers soul away. It's the most effective use of a pause in a song ever. (Sorry Whitney IWALY). 

Madonna breaks the silence with the words "if I ran away I'd never have the strength to go very far" I'd always found a connection to the song Mer Girl a song also about her mothers death where she almost harks back to these lyrics like a part two. "I ran and I ran..I'm still running away". Papa Don't Preach being the single afterwards always felt purposeful with a level of defiance to me. 

I just respect this song so much I can't even. It's her best writing hands down. 

So yes to a viral hit only because it deserves to be said in the same breath as Virgin, Vogue, Prayer and Material Girl. 

5 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

They have played the new track on the red carpet in Cannes !!!! It starts with M singing with an angel like voice almost acapella, the track builds up to pop/rock jam with a gospel choir growing throughout the song and electric guitar. Epic !

They played Like A Prayer indeed :)

• 2 weeks later...

not some user spill some tea on Max track on ATRL 

JBB said:

this is so... uueeehm... so, so vulgar, bad and tacky. (bout Vulgar)

Madonna's collaboration with Max Martin is amazing 👏

It's old classic 80's Madonna pop. If you love her first three albums you gonna like this. Think dancey Madonna/Stephen Bray/Nile Rogers mixed up with Reggie Lucas.

Chris Pratt Oh Snap GIF

don't know if we can trust this

19 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

JBB said:

It's old classic 80's Madonna pop. If you love her first three albums you gonna like this. Think dancey Madonna/Stephen Bray/Nile Rogers mixed up with Reggie Lucas.

Chris Pratt Oh Snap GIF

Max Martin pretty much said the same when questioned about it recently, so I would suspect this is where that is coming from. :)

8 hours ago, Askeroff said:

JBB said:

Chris Pratt Oh Snap GIF

Sounds absolutely amazing !!!! If this is indeed the same user who described the Sam Smith collab then yeah we can believe him cause he called the song "Vulgar" when no one ever heard about the title yet.