Could Madonna one day achieve EGOT status?

Fabiolous

57 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

Tony - She can't act and there's no best song category. She can forget about it.

Producers of shows also win in the Best Musical category... so she could win as a producer, but she's not really in the theater business so it's not very likely. Unless she some day produces a show based on her music.

3 hours ago, androiduser said:

Producers of shows also win in the Best Musical category... so she could win as a producer, but she's not really in the theater business so it's not very likely. Unless she some day produces a show based on her music.

Highly unlikely.

She's a record producer of her own but not a musical producer.

13 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

Highly unlikely.

I meant a producer in therms of financing the musical and partaking in the creative direction, not working on the music. Either way, I don't see this for her, I don't think she sees herself in musical theater.

4 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

Highly unlikely.

RuPaul won a Tony as executive producer. If Madonna wanted to go for the EGOT, the Tony would be the easiest award to win. Just find the musical that seems to be like it's gonna be huge or really good and help finance it

10 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

RuPaul won a Tony as executive producer. If Madonna wanted to go for the EGOT, the Tony would be the easiest award to win. Just find the musical that seems to be like it's gonna be huge or really good and help finance it

So it's the money that helps to win the award instead of talent.

27 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

Not really... the Best Picture, Best Musical, Best Drama award etc is always awarded to the producers. And producing a successful movie or a successful show is both a business talent and a creative talent. Madonna has the money, but she produced Agent Cody Banks 2. Nobody stopped her from producing a timeless classic.

On 3/24/2023 at 1:08 PM, Fabiolous said:

Oscars are also handed out to best original songs. You must love me and Sooner or later both won an Oscar, but it didn't go to M cause didn't have a writing credit. She could win an Oscar for a new song written for a movie.

Tony awards are also awarded to producers, directors, songwriters... 

In fact, Rupaul won a Tony

As I said, if you want an award, you need a project to promote… and I don't think she will be considered for lifetime achievement after all the bad press she is getting lately.

I don't know about EGOT status but she was prime and ripe for earning her first Oscar with Masterpiece, but mouth breather Guy Oseary, whom the fan community worship as the Carthaginians worshipped Baal, was too fucking stupid to advise her to use Masterpiece throughout the film or as the first song in the credits. Since Masterpiece was used as the second song on the credits it was not eligible for an Oscar nomination which she surely would have won since she has a stellar soundtrack discography, two of which already won Oscars for Sondheim and Webber, their only ones may I add, so it was all set for her, but it just became one more window of opportunity that just evaporated thanks to Guy "Mouth Breather" Oseary. She will never have an Oscar to her name now. Never.

Not many people have pulled it off, and Liza, James Earl Jones and Barbra only have Egot because they each received an “honorary/lifetime achievement ” award from one of those four awards. She’ll never get an Oscar or get a LA Oscar and doubt she’ll ever get a Tony unless she totally commits to a project writing and producing with someone. 

On 3/30/2023 at 9:47 AM, antigulag said:

I don't know about EGOT status but she was prime and ripe for earning her first Oscar with Masterpiece, but mouth breather Guy Oseary, whom the fan community worship as the Carthaginians worshipped Baal, was too fucking stupid to advise her to use Masterpiece throughout the film or as the first song in the credits. Since Masterpiece was used as the second song on the credits it was not eligible for an Oscar nomination which she surely would have won since she has a stellar soundtrack discography, two of which already won Oscars for Sondheim and Webber, their only ones may I add, so it was all set for her, but it just became one more window of opportunity that just evaporated thanks to Guy "Mouth Breather" Oseary. She will never have an Oscar to her name now. Never.

Mouth breather?

On 3/24/2023 at 4:08 PM, Fabiolous said:

Oscars are also handed out to best original songs. You must love me and Sooner or later both won an Oscar, but it didn't go to M cause didn't have a writing credit. She could win an Oscar for a new song written for a movie.

Tony awards are also awarded to producers, directors, songwriters... 

In fact, Rupaul won a Tony

It’s was a mistake not to get involved in writing for those songs… 

But Goober can’t act.

But I’m also afraid you are right. She plays the game and learned to stick her tongue up everyone’s arse.

So far she played herself in A Star is Born and a Russian in House of Gucci. Machete, anyone?

I loved Joker and am irritated that I have to sit through the fakest of the fake acting along side Joaquin Phoenix.

On 3/26/2023 at 11:52 AM, LongIslandTea said:

This is exactly how awards work. A LOT is put up behind the scenes to win, expecially an Oscar, a lot of campainin, a lot of money to campain, a lot of meetings etc... I happen to know how a certain french actor ended up winning for best actor when he was a total unknown in the US, did not speak english and the gimmicky movie he won for totally evaporated from cinema history. Weinstein was very good at that but he's not the only one. You have to befriend the right people, some actor and producer circles etc...a colleague who works in Hollywood and has covered the Oscars for 20 years once told me Meryl Streep has an Oscar team she works a year in advance. 

As for Madonna achieving egot, she's not an ass kisser and she does not play the game so it's most unlikely. You really, really have to be an inustry puppet to win. Madonna won when she "behaved". 

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

let's not forget Weinstein was Madonna's biggest supporter when she made W.E. Madonna just didn't have material good enough for the campaign to work.

00122cbb-614.jpg?ratio=1.78

Yep, we can ALWAYS count on you to undermine everything she is or has done like clockwork and paint her in a bad light. WE GOT IT. 

Please don't quote me again. I have blocked you as i'm not interested in trolls. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

Yep, we can ALWAYS count on you to undermine everything she is or has done like clockwork and paint her in a bad light. WE GOT IT. 

Please don't quote me again. I have blocked you as i'm not interested in trolls. Thank you.

I'll quote you just the same, for everyone else who hasn't blocked me.

Posting a photo of Madonna with Weinstein and saying he was her number one fan is a fact that people can interpret how they see fit. My opinion is that Madonna tried playing the movie industry game just as much as everyone else, she just didn't have the material good enough for the game.