Favorite dub versions

Honey Little

Causing A Commotion, Vogue (Strike-A-Pose Dub), Love Profusion (Ralphi Rosario Big Room Dub)

Are some of my favorite dubs.

Speaking of dubs: When they shot the disco scenes for Deeper And Deeper, the DJ played old disco hits from the 70's, but there's also a mysterious version of Deeper And Deeper mentioned in Grant Shaffer's story. (Published in an issue of Icon)
Could it be David's Deeper Dub he's talking about? It fits the description...

Mine are :)

rescue me - lifeboat dub - almost a chill out version with a gorgeous synth string 

like a prayer - dub beats - the perfect mash up of Prince and Madonna ( shits over the disappointing love song duet )

keep it together - that intro “ 3 2 1 hit it “ should have been added to the FEL version 

Sorry I’m a shep fan as you can tell - he’s a genius and I wish he was brought back in for this reissue campaign 😢🥹

Spotlight (Dub Version)

Erotica (Masters at Work Dub)

Bedtime Story (Junior's Dreamy Drum Dub)

Love Don't Live Here Anymore (Edge Factor Dub)

Frozen (William Orbit Drumapella)

Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Future Dub)

Impressive Instant (Peter Rauhofer Drowned World Dub Part 2)

What It Feels Like for a Girl (Thunderdub)

Die Another Day (Thee Die Another Dub)

Love Profusion (Ralphi Rosario Big Room Dub)

Me Against the Music (Peter Rauhofer's Electrohouse Dub)

4 Minutes (Tracy Young House Dub)

Celebration (Johnny Vicious Warehouse Dub)

Living for Love (Funk Generation & H3dRush After Hours Dub)

Oh yes...

Human Nature (Bottom Heavy Dub)

Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Future Dub)

Fever (Shep's Remedy Dub)

Celebration (Bennasi Dub)

It has always irked me that there is not a proper Calderone Dub of "Frozen". The looped humming and the breakdown with the guitar are my favorite moments of the Extended Mix.

As others have already posted, Thee Die Another Dub! My favorite version of DAD. Anyone ever notice it's inspired by the beginning of Pete Shelley "Homosapien"?

Causing A Commotion (Dub)

Keep It Together (Dub)

Vogue (Bette Davis Dub)

Rescue Me (Demanding Dub)

Erotica (W/O Dub)

Deeper And Deeper (Shep's Fierce Deeper Dub)

Fever (Shep's Remedy Dub)

Bye Bye Baby (Rick Does Madonna's Dub)

Secret (Junior's Sound Factory Dub)

Bedtime Story (Junior's Dreamy Drum Dub)

Human Nature (I'm Not Your Bitch)

LDLHA (Edge Factor Dub)

Die Another Day (Thee Die Another Dub)

What a great topic 🙂

I love the dub versions, probably starting with Up Down Suite. I remember it was so strange to get a dub of a song that I didn't know the original of at the time. 

Next up is Wet Dream Dub for Bedtime Story. It was just insane and loved how the vocal was used and chopped up.  The Drumapella Dub for Frozen was brilliant and always wished they had used it in the commercial release.

Rescue Me had a great dub, but can't remember what it was called. The one with "freak. Dominate"

Like A Prayer is an obvious mention. The Dub Beats was great. I really wonder why they didn't put it on the maxi. 

Fever's Infernal Dub had all the right vibes for me. Express Yourself - great! And they did put it on the maxi, didn't they? Human Nature's I'm Not Your Bitch is classed as a dub, isn't it? 

Vogue and Deeper And Deeper were fun to have back then. As was Bye Bye Baby.

Ultimately, it's Erotica I'd choose as my favourite dub, thanks to the WO Dub. It's hypnotic and entrancing to hear even 30 years later. It's aged very well.

Songs I wished had dubs: Justify My Love, Burning Up, Skin, La Isla Bonita and Papa Don't Preach.

Not fond of Luke Slater's Super Looper of The Power of Goodbye. It's definitely a dub, but so poorly executed. Nor am I fond of Who's That Girl's Dub. The remix and the dub just went in the wrong direction for me. Shep should've done that instead.

The 80s and the 90s had the best dubs. Not really find of anything beyond that.

On 3/26/2023 at 6:54 AM, Aiwa08 said:

I love many dubs, specially when they are almost instrumental versions, but my three favorites dubs are:

- Express Yourself (Stop & Go Dubs)

- Where's The Party (Dub)

- Vogue (Bette Davis Dub)

Love the Bette Davis dub!  There's also an unreleased dub called "On The Fly Dub" that's really amazing!!  

I love all the Erotica dubs, Fever (Back to the Dub 1), CAC, WTG, all of the Rescue Me dubs, but my all time favorite will always be Up Down Suite.