Private Jet

8 minutes ago, Rosita The chihuahua said:

Does Madonna own a private jet?

Highly unlikely. She has been photographed flying by herself on regular passenger planes many times over the years, as recently as 2019 between Lisbon and London. I'm sure she hires PJs when flying with her family and full entourage though, saves time at airports and money if you carry a lot of luggage.

She's probably had one rented (or been given access to one by Live Nation, Warner, whatever) in certain periods. Tours, for instance.

But definitely not owning one, it's too expensive to keep and she's always been careful with money.

Remember this moment in "I'm Going To Tell You A Secret"? It surely was about flying private, right?

Yeah, I think she sees them as a waste of money. Didn't she even fly economy NY to London recently, but have like the first 2 rows for her entourage. She also did the same flying London to Lisbon. I pretty sure she doesn't even stay in the very best hotels when she tours, wasn't her brother put up in a Holiday Inn during the Girlie Show? 

16 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Yeah, I think she sees them as a waste of money. Didn't she even fly economy NY to London recently, but have like the first 2 rows for her entourage. She also did the same flying London to Lisbon. I pretty sure she doesn't even stay in the very best hotels when she tours, wasn't her brother put up in a Holiday Inn during the Girlie Show? 

NO.During the Girlie Show her and her brother stay at The Hotel Ritz ( In Paris ) :

ritz-paris-31206-2.jpg

the same hotel where she stayed for WGTT and Blond Ambition. 

5 minutes ago, ma(x) said:

NO.During the Girlie Show her and her brother stay at The Hotel Ritz ( In Paris ) :

ritz-paris-31206-2.jpg

the same hotel where she stayed for WGTT and Blond Ambition. 

....I can't remember then, it was like 2008 when I read that book, but I'm pretty sure hotels were listed his book "My Sister The Miser" :lol:

Thanks for the answers guys, it's so nice when we ask something here and it doesn't come with rudeness. I asked because I watched a video about luxury jets, and the prices are very affordable for people like our queen. I think it's even safer for her.

Thank You again  :heart:

She still flies private. In Andy Cohen's book, he asks her if she ALWAYS flies private and her answer was "not always" because it's too expensive to do it every time. But if you watch her Instagram she's posted pics of her and her kids on private jets. And Ricardo has posted similar pictures on jets - I'm assuming accompanying her somewhere.

Paul Kirkland (dancer for RIT and S&S tours) was just on the MLVC podcast and mentioned that when they toured that the dancers were constantly on private jets. In his experience he said that wasn't normal for other tours he danced on like Christina Aguilera and JLo.

I think she flies private when it makes sense for her. And commercial when she has to.

Just now, djnathanashby said:

She still flies private. In Andy Cohen's book, he asks her if she ALWAYS flies private and her answer was "not always" because it's too expensive to do it every time. But if you watch her Instagram she's posted pics of her and her kids on private jets. And Ricardo has posted similar pictures on jets - I'm assuming accompanying her somewhere.

Paul Kirkland (dancer for RIT and S&S tours) was just on the MLVC podcast and mentioned that when they toured that the dancers were constantly on private jets. In his experience he said that wasn't normal for other tours he danced on like Christina Aguilera and JLo.

I think she flies private when it makes sense for her. And commercial when she has to.

Of course, like I said at the top, if she flies with a family and entourage of people, it saves time and ultimately money to hire or charter your own plane. With kids and assistants she'd easily rack up 15-20 people.

On 3/29/2023 at 8:52 AM, luluthecat said:

She puts her band and dancers up at the YMCA/YWCA and other hostels I imagine, and gives them public transportation subway cards. The Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn is for her upper tier staff. 

With all the speculation and rumors that swirl around the lives of celebrities, I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt in terms of their actions and their reasons behind the choices they make in their lives and careers unless they specifically choose to share their current perspective on it. My views are the product my own life experience, which is a very different experience from that of a celebrity, or at least that's what I've ascertained from observing the common truths shared by those who are labelled as such. I can only assume that the life of a celebrity, and in particular a celebrity not born into fame and wealth who has experienced both sides and has learned how to adapt to the insanity of being famous would be extremely challenging to navigate, even for the most resilient among them. One aspect of that insanity is that celebrities are often expected to maintain static views and are constantly being held to things they may have held true at one point in their journey that does not necessarily ring true for them years later. My life experience teaches me that most people's views are constantly shifting and evolving from the moment they are born until the day they die. That's the human experience, as I see it. I would be pretty weary of anyone who thinks they've got it all figured out, even in their own lives, let alone anyone else's. Celebrities typically face a shit storm any time they choose to share their honest perspective about aspects of their experience, because it is not a perspective that most of us have lived and experienced first-hand. They are typically scolded for daring to share their own truths and experiences whenever they inevitably do not align with our own. In other words, the general public tends to put celebrities on a pedestal and then tries to seeks to shove them off of it whenever they get too honest about the true realities of fame, which most of us cannot relate to, and because we all carry preconceived ideas about fame that are mostly rooted in fantasy, not truth. Many celebrities choose to cope with this paradox by telling their audience exactly what they want to hear so that they can remain relatable in their eyes. They segregate their actual life experience from their public persona so they can continue to deliver what is expected of them without rocking the boat for their audience. But, as we know, even within the microcosm of celebrity, Madonna marches to the beat of her own drum. She shares any view she feels like sharing when she feels like sharing it, and without necessarily giving us the full background of what aspect of her unusual life circumstances led her there. Her audience generally expects her to explain her rationale for every mundane choice she makes, not only in her career but in her life as well. And yet, given that the majority of her audience would be comprised of non-famous people who bring with them their own preconceived notions about fame and money and power, we remain free to evolve, to shift our views, and to chose what, when and how much we want to share about our experience, without the pressures of having it be observed and judged on a mass scale. We often forget that behind the larger than life persona, Madonna is also a human being who is just as entitled as any one of us to chose for herself how she adapts and responds to the circumstances of her life, and how much of that experience she chooses to share, when she chooses to share it and to what extend. And we often overlook how ridiculous and unfair it is to expect her views to evolve in lockstep with our own when when her life experience that is constantly shaping and reshaping her reality is quite different from ours. And yet, it is human nature to seek genuine connection in those we idolize. That's one of the paradoxes of fame. We get to chose whether we acknowledge it and accept it, and possibly even find value in it. She actually has to live it, which is quite different from our perspective as the observers of her fame. Often when I express this view to people, the response is along the lines of "oh poor Madonna with her rich people's problems." This makes it clear that to me that the person I'm speaking with has fully bought into the fallacy that money and fame and power are the ultimate life experience we could seek for ourselves. Perhaps they have chosen to ignore the fact that many celebrities eventually crack under the intense pressure it creates, and cannot empathize with the continuous trauma Madonna would need to adapt to in order to continue to be a creative person in this environment. Maybe their fantasy about what fame is doesn't want to ponder the dark and isolating side of it. Fortunately, I'm not a celebrity, so I get to chose to be empathetic to their point of view despite it being very different from mine, and I can only presume, hers.