Album "Like a Virgin" join National Recording Registry

proxy

"Madonna’s best-selling seminal sophomore album Like a Virgin"

"Songs and albums that are “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant” — that are also at least 10 years old — qualify to enter the National Recording Registry."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/music-news/madonna-mariah-carey-super-mario-bros-join-national-recording-registry-1235371492/

9 minutes ago, proxy said:

"Madonna’s best-selling seminal sophomore album Like a Virgin"

"Songs and albums that are “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant” — that are also at least 10 years old — qualify to enter the National Recording Registry."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/music-news/madonna-mariah-carey-super-mario-bros-join-national-recording-registry-1235371492/

Nice! Wish they would also include LAP and Erotica. I think those are also significant.

38 minutes ago, heartcore said:

Quality aside, it's the album that (along with True Blue) cemented her as a pop force to be reckoned with. The debut record is excellent, don't get me wrong, but Like a Virgin really showed her power as a pop musician and cultural icon. 

THIS. Someone knows their history. :clapp::clapp::clapp:

3 hours ago, heartcore said:

Quality aside, it's the album that (along with True Blue) cemented her as a pop force to be reckoned with. The debut record is excellent, don't get me wrong, but Like a Virgin really showed her power as a pop musician and cultural icon. 

I agree. Like a Virgin turned Madonna into a global superstar and the hits from that era are memorable nowadays. 

9 hours ago, heartcore said:

It was also the first album by a woman to sell 5 Million copies in America ever

4 hours ago, jtrover said:

It also her best selling studio album in the US, isn't it?

No I think it’s the immaculate collection ? Either way as long as she is getting some recognition it’s all good - maybe it will prompt warners to put out the special edition first instead of the debut album or how about get them both out seeing as how long ago this deal was announced and we are gagging for that first nugget that isn’t a hologram cover or vinyl only release 😫

31 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

No I think it’s the immaculate collection ? Either way as long as she is getting some recognition it’s all good - maybe it will prompt warners to put out the special edition first instead of the debut album or how about get them both out seeing as how long ago this deal was announced and we are gagging for that first nugget that isn’t a hologram cover or vinyl only release 😫

TIC is not a studio album